Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subaru Impreza WRX (3rd gen) 2007-2013

Subaru Impreza STi 2008 #8
    Attached Images Attached Images

Subaru Impreza STi 2008 #9

Subaru Impreza STi 2008 #10

Enjoy the pics, that's all I have at the moment, will update if i get any more. Resized them to a decent resolution, hope it is ok for everyone.

And thanks to the moderator who moved the thread, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser View Post
    Subaru Impreza STi 2008 #10

Enjoy the pics, that's all I have at the moment, will update if i get any more. Resized them to a decent resolution, hope it is ok for everyone.
    so there wasn't any full interior shots? seat shots? full width dash?
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

None that I could find, Could only access the Canadian site and a German one.

Dont have the Media credentials for Subaru Global, which, of course would be better.

No matter how hard I try, I still can't love that car. You'll be missed, 2007MY Impreza WRX STI.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

maybe this will help

Optional Equipment
    -18x8.5-in. BBS forged aluminum-alloy wheels, silver or gold color; package includes fog lamps
    -Navigation Package includes: touch-screen GPS navigation system plus Audyssey MultEQ audio enhancement and auxiliary video input (single CD replaces 6-CD unit.) and Bluetooth capability
    Last edited by <AAA-MOD>; 02-26-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

My personal images - Sorry for the Low-Resolution, was all shot in RAW and resized it before saving, and cant really be bothered going back to do it again - so here are some 1280px images.

Subaru Impreza STi 2008 #11

(And Yep I cleaned that one, hence the decent'ish shine on it.)

And thanks Rob for the images, much appreciated.

additional North American info:

SUBARU ANNOUNCES PRICING AND AVAILABILITY OF ITS PERFORMANCE FLAGSHIP, THE 2008 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 15, 2007 – Subaru of America, Inc. today announced at the Los Angeles
    International Auto Show pricing and availability of its performance flagship, the all-new Subaru
    Impreza WRX STI. The 2008 WRX STI will start at $34,995 and begin arriving in dealer showrooms in
    early January.
    “The all-new Subaru WRX STI is more powerful and more agile than ever before,” said Tim Colbeck, vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. “The WRX STI is truly race and rally bred and has the looks to match its performance.”

The ultimate performance Subaru is powered by a 305-horsepower Subaru Boxer engine and features a new level of driver-selectable powertrain- and dynamic handling-control. The 2008 WRX STI is built exclusively as an aggressively styled wide-fender, 5-door model with a design strongly influenced by the brand’s competition heritage.

The 2008 WRX STI is the third-generation of the rally-bred supercar, which Subaru of America first launched to the U.S. market in 2004. Developed by Subaru Tecnica International, the high-performance and motorsports subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., the WRX STI features an exclusive engine, drivetrain, suspension and interior.

The WRX STI’s revised 2.5-liter intercooled turbocharged Subaru Boxer engine, now with Dual Active Valve Control System (Dual AVCS), produces 305 horsepower (SAE) at 6,000 rpm, a gain of 12 over the previous model. The 290 lb.-ft. torque peak is the same as before but arrives at 4,000 rpm, which is 400 rpm earlier, for better response. Significantly, the more powerful 2008 WRX STI achieves the very stringent Bin 5 Tier 2-Federal (EPA) and LEV2-California Tier 2/Bin 5 emissions certification.

The Driver Control Center Differential (DCCD) version of Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive – which remains exclusive to the Impreza WRX STI – takes driver-controlled response to another level for 2008. The DCCD system now offers three selectable automatic performance modes in addition to the six manual differential-locking settings. For the first time, the DCCD AWD system integrates the Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) stability and traction control system, also with three driver-selectable positions. The 2008 WRX STI offers five-spoke 18 x 8.5-inch wheels as standard. Also available are optional 18 x 8.5 in. BBS® forged aluminum-alloy wheels. All 18-in. wheels wear Dunlop SP600 245/40R18 tires.

New side-curtain airbags are standard, and the new Incline Start Assist feature can momentarily prevent the vehicle from rolling backward when being driven away from a stop on an incline.
    Even with the new, roomier 5-door body, special chassis reinforcements, new double-wishbone rear suspension and added safety features, the 2008 WRX STI (with the available BBS wheel package) weighs just 22 lbs. more than the 2007 WRX STI sedan. In addition, the 2008 WRX STI offers the added refinement instilled throughout the next-generation Impreza model line that was introduced for 2007.

The new suspension with special STI tuning along with the stiffer platform give the 2008 WRX STI the agile responses that have made this model a performance superstar. At the same time, the new WRX STI exhibits a more refined demeanor on any road. The Brembo Performance Brake System employs ventilated 4-wheel Super Sport anti-lock (ABS) disc brakes with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). The braking system is enhanced in the new 2008 WRX STI with slightly larger rotors.

The bulged fenders and rear quarter panels, along with the rear gate-mounted spoiler and aerodynamic ground effects, give the new WRX STI a direct link to Subaru competition cars. The hood scoop, brake-cooling air intakes and engine heat outlets are all functional. The standard high-intensity discharge (HID) low beams use manual height adjusters. Fog light insert covers add to the no-nonsense look, and fog lights are included with the BBS wheel option package.

Standard amenities include an automatic climate control system with cabin air filtration; a standard AM/FM premium stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and 10 speakers, plus a vehicle security system with engine immobilizer. The Radio Broadcast Data System can display a variety of information, including a song’s title and artist. For the first time, the WRX STI is available with an optional navigation system, which integrates a vehicle information center. In addition to an input for MP3 players, the center console also includes video jacks that can accommodate portable gaming devices. The WRX STI comes pre-wired for XM® or SIRIUS® Satellite Radio.

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Pricing
    Model Transmission Base MSRP Destination and Delivery Total MSRP
    STI MT6 $34,995 $645 $35,640
    STI BBS Package MT6 $36,995 $645 $37,640
    STI BBS/Navigation Package MT6 $38,795 $645 $39,440

Prices, specifications, options, features, and models subject to change without notice.
    Retail prices shown are suggested prices only and do not include licenses and state or local taxes. Pre-delivery services are included. Destination & Delivery includes handling and inland freight charges to the dealer's location, and may vary in the following states: CT, HI, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, and VT. Destination & Delivery to dealers in Alaska is $795.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Hey that's a pretty nice Honda.

Seriously. Compared to the previous gen? please.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

i'd rather see a sedan model myself. i was ticked when the MazdaSpeed 3 came out in a hatch-only config too.

Be careful what you wish for.....

I don't really see this being improved by blistered wheel arches and a spoiler.

I do also realise this is not a WRX STi, but it is posted for comparison effect.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I cannot like this car
    the thing looks gutless compared to a 2007 model

FHI to introduce a New Additional Model in the Subaru Impreza WRX STI: A-Line

Tokyo, February 24, 2009 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today launches “Subaru Impreza WRX A-Line” which is a new addition to the current WRX STI model. The model goes on sale nationwide through Subaru dealerships today in Japan.

Based on the Impreza WRX STI, the WRX STI A-Line model was developed to offer its distinctive driving performance to a wider range of customers by integrating 2.5-litre turbocharged Boxer engine and 5 Speed Automatic Transmission with SPORTSHIFT*.

In addition, the current WRX STI was given some refinements to enhance comfort and quality feel; 8 way power adjustable front seats and a new body color, “Satin White Pearl”, is now available.

The model features the exclusively developed 2.5-litre Subaru BOXER turbo engine with SPORTSHIFT* E-5AT, while retaining the basic component such as chassis and body of the WRX STI, Subaru’s performance flagship.

Engine

- The unique 2.5-litre BOXER engine comes with a single scroll turbocharger and produces a flat torque from the low and mid-rev range to high-rev range.
    - Dual Active Valve Control System (AVCS) was adopted to control continuously valve timing on both intake and exhaust valves, which improves low and mid-range range torque, high-rev range output and environmental friendliness.
    - Tumble Generation Valve (TGV) controls the intake air stream to generate high combustion efficiency.

Drive train

- SI-DRIVE (SUBARU Intelligent Drive), that enables the drivers to choose three different engine mappings, is standard.
    - Paddle shift is featured to allow manual shifting without requiring the driver to release the steering wheel.
    - Downshifting Blipping Control system was adopted. When down-shifting, the automatic transmission control unit interacts with the engine management system and increases engine revolutions instantly and to the exact required setting.
    - Changing gears with the paddle shift can also be done by a temporary operation that does not require the selection lever to be set to the manual position.
    - VTD (Variable Torque Distribution)-AWD system was adopted to provide excellent stability of the vehicle, which controls the torque distribution ratio between the front and rear axles depending on driving conditions.
    - 17-inches ventilated dual piston disk brakes for the front, and 16-inches ventilated disk brakes for the rear were fitted.
    - VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) System is standard.

Interior

- 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat is standard. Leather seats are available as optional and include (front) seat heating. Soft leather door trim with silver stitch is featured.

Major specifications

-Engine type: Horizontally-Opposed 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve turbocharged engine
    -Displacement: 2457 cc
    -Maximum output: 221kW (300 PS)/6200 rpm
    -Maximum torque: 350 Nm (35.7 kgf·m)/2800��6000 rpm
    -Turbo type: Single Scroll turbocharger

About Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, is a leading manufacturer in Japan with a long history of technological innovations that dates back to its origin as an aircraft company. While the automotive business is a main business pillar, FHI’s Aerospace, Industrial Products and Eco Technologies divisions offer a diverse range of products from general-purpose engines, power generators, and sanitation trucks to small airplanes, crucial components for passenger aircrafts, and wind-powered electricity generating systems. Recognized internationally for its AWD (all-wheel drive) technology and Horizontally-Opposed engines in Subaru, FHI is also spearheading the development of environmentally friendly products and is committed to contributing to global environmental preservation.

*SPORTSHIFT is a registered trademark of Prodrive Ltd.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information