Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiat Abarth 1000 TC

here is one that I shot in the pre-start assembly are during the 2006 Silverstone Historics. I have some doubts about the originality of the front fairing...is that the fiberglass housing you were talking about?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

yes, that's it

Fairing, shroud, housing--I don't know the accepted name for it, if there is one--that's what I mean.

Jim

I'm sending you a personal message

Henk, please check your personal messages folder

Thanks,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Jim, you can subscribe to a thread to get email notification. If you edit your profile accordingly you will get an automatic warning that a new message has been posted in a thread where you also made a post.
    and the "New Posts" button at the top of the page will show you all threads which have had a new post. Once read some/all click on "Quick Links" ... "Mark forums read" to keep up to date.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Why do all the Fiats have open rear hatches? Is it because it needs the extra cooling?

Anyway, cool pics. It looks like an Italian Mini Cooper on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Why do all the Fiats have open rear hatches? Is it because it needs the extra cooling?
    Yes. __
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Yes. __
    Actually, no.

That's what Abarth wanted people to think, so they wouldn't be inclined to make him close them.

In reality it markedly improved the aerodynamics of the car and increased top speed. A rounded rear, unless you can make it very long, creates a great deal of drag. Look at the "whale tail" spoilers on 911's, for example--they basically fill in the void created by the body as it slopes down, creating a squared off rear. The goal is to keep the air flowing higher and then have a sharp cut off. You will see many examples of this if you look at the cars on the road around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantdino
    Actually, no.

That's what Abarth wanted people to think, so they wouldn't be inclined to make him close them.

In reality it markedly improved the aerodynamics of the car and increased top speed. A rounded rear, unless you can make it very long, creates a great deal of drag. Look at the "whale tail" spoilers on 911's, for example--they basically fill in the void created by the body as it slopes down, creating a squared off rear. The goal is to keep the air flowing higher and then have a sharp cut off. You will see many examples of this if you look at the cars on the road around you.
    Thank you for the information, I actually didn't know it and I believed the official story. I suppose that the Kamm tail is also a similar solution, if different, to this aerodynamic problem.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thank you for the information, I actually didn't know it and I believed the official story. I suppose that the Kamm tail is also a similar solution, if different, to this aerodynamic problem.
    Yes, it is. The best example is the Alfa Duetto Spider. It looks cool, but when they chopped off the tail and made it chopped/Kamm it produced less drag.

Actually, no.

That is true, because they used to have the option of opening it even in the early 850TC road version. But it is also true that the exhaust system on the later versions would make it impossible to close.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Actually, no.

So does that mean all the Porsches that don't have a wing or one that pops up have aerodynamic problems?

Yes. __
    Just wondering, but why did you just assume?

Just wondering, but why did you just assume?
    Thank you for the information, I actually didn't know it and I believed the official story.
    Keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Keep up.
    What do mean by that?

So does that mean all the Porsches that don't have a wing or one that pops up have aerodynamic problems?
    Not problems really, but if two cars were otherwise equal, the one with the spoiler would go faster. And probably have more downforce, as a 911 is a beautiful car but is basically shaped like an airplane wing, so it will tend to lift off the road at high speed.

Thread Information