Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saoutchik

It is not so much the body styling that counts, as lomg as the chassis is original. The Bentley Mk VI is a very crude chassis which needs complicated alterations to be attractive. Any alteration however may be in conflict with the rules of the particular authorities and therefore it might be possible that you won't get your car on the road (legally).

In the UK it is not so diffucult to get a home made car on the road, in Holland, however it is.
    The Bugatti chassis was unaffordable so we are looking still around.

Why not use the chasis of car which has had an accident, if the chasis is not damaged?

And does it have to be from a famous brand? If not, you have many options...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Is there still any interest in a Saoutchik bodied Bentley after so many years?
    Last post 2006?
    Over the past few years I have been working on finishing building an aluminum replica of the 1939 Saoutchik MkV Bentley. The replica being based on a Bentley MkVI chassis.The MkVI chassis is extremely similar to the MkV and required minimal work to bring to within fractions of an inch of the MkV spec..
    The project was started by an owner of the original car. The original car was side by side with the replica, being built while the original still in his possession.
    I also have a sectioned fiberglass mould of the original car. A very useful place to start if you have no drawings.
    I have virtually completed the chassis. Enough so to drive it around the local car park.
    Although the project has languished for a few years I have recently thought it about time I did something about it.
    Either I muster the energy and funds to finish it or consider selling the project.
    It is all too easy to get distracted by other projects that seem equally demanding.

Take a look at the original car at the attached link.
    1939 Bentley Mark V Images, Information and History (MK5) | Conceptcarz.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbid123 View Post
    Is there still any interest in a Saoutchik bodied Bentley after so many years?
    Last post 2006?

Over the past few years I have been working on finishing building an aluminum replica of the 1939 Saoutchik MkV Bentley.
    The replica being based on a Bentley MkVI chassis.

Take a look at the original car at the attached link.
    1939 Bentley Mark V Images, Information and History (MK5) | Conceptcarz.com
    How about pics of your project instead?
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Saoutchik MkV Replica

It is my intension to post some photos as soon as I get a chance.

Thread Information