Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official: Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce.

Wow, before I read this thread I thought, naively, Lamborghini has refined it's Murci again and brought more speed, more extreme looks and more excitement.

But now I can totally understand how they are just pissing in my cornflakes. This is nothing but a re badged A6 Quattro.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    YouTube - Fifth Gear Maserati MC12

I don't accept payment in Euros, please pay me 1.0 x 10^10 Zimbabwean Dollars.
    I was thinking about that report when I wrote my post actually.

Still, don't think anyone of us was there and I don't think there are many of us who've ever seen anything remotely similar in real life.

But as I said in my post, the € I'd be paying out was for people making the choice to buy the cars based on the driven wheels in regard to cold weather.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    I can't think of anyone I know of in a country with proper winters that *don't* have two sets of tires in a car that they use year around. In fact in the Nordic countries, it's the law.
    Not true. Not in Denmark. However, most people do switch from all-year/summer tires to dedicated winter tires. When I had the E46 I didn't.

Anyway, even around these parts there's still quite a few people chosing the X 3-series over the regular RWD one. I know it's far from a supercar, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually gave an AWD supercar a second thought simply because it was AWD.

As a matter of fact, a Danish acquaintance of mine currently living in Sweden opted for an AWD Gallardo over an F430 amongst other things because he didn't want to garage it over the winter. The customer base for supercars are actually more diverse than one might initially think. It's not always just about the passion.

I'm just saying it happens.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Not true. Not in Denmark. However, most people do switch from all-year/summer tires to dedicated winter tires. When I had the E46 I didn't.
    You Danes... well it is in Finland, Sweden and ... Fred? and from what I've read at least in parts of Canada too.

In Finland winter tires are obligatory three months of the year regardless of the weather and can/need be used throughout the year when the weather calls for it.

Even in Germany they've enforced a law to use winter tires in vaguely explained "wintry conditions", I'm surprised to hear it isn't in DK.
    Anyway, even around these parts there's still quite a few people chosing the X 3-series over the regular RWD one. I know it's far from a supercar, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually gave an AWD supercar a second thought simply because it was AWD.
    That, to me, is perfectly understandable.

IMO it also explains why Audis are so popular in the North. I know personally people choosing RS Audi's in front of its rivals because of their AWD for winter driving. But even those are a world apart from the Italian supercars.

But...
    As a matter of fact, a Danish acquaintance of mine currently living in Sweden opted for an AWD Gallardo over an F430 amongst other things because he didn't want to garage it over the winter. The customer base for supercars are actually more diverse than one might initially think. It's not always just about the passion.

I'm just saying it happens.
    ...apparently there are always exceptions. 1-0, give me his bank account #.

...although seeing he has the finance to ruin a Gallardo by driving it in the winter, I don't really think he needs my €.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    You Danes... well it is in Finland, Sweden and ... Fred?
    Yes..

Thread Information