Racing cars often have a checkered history. A great example is this Lola T70 Mk3B Coupe, which was the very first of 16 built and acquired new by noted entrant Sidney Taylor. It was raced with considerable success by the likes of Brian Redman, Trevor Taylor and Denny Hulme. The car was then used in historic racing and during the second half of the 1980s was restored using a replacement chassis for safety reasons. It is here that the story gets complicated as the original chassis was used to create a second car. This fork in identity has now been closed again as the current owner acquired both cars and restored the original chassis using the correct identity of SL76/138. The restored car was shown at the recent Retromobile show by British dealer William I'Anson.
The first 2018 Formula 1 car to be run on track is the Red Bull Racing RB14. Powered by the Tag Heuer badged Renault power unit, the RB14 was driven in a special testing livery by Daniel Ricciardo.
With the Geneva Motor Show drawing closer, more debuts are being previewed. One of the most interesting will definitely be the track prepared Techrules Ren RS. Styled by father and son Giorgietto and Fabrizio Giugiaro, it features no fewer than six electric motors and a diesel gas turbine that car be used to charge the batteries. The combined output of the motors is a staggering 1,287 bhp.
Another electric car set to debut is the Volkswagen I.D. Vizzion Concept, which offers another glimpse at VW's line-up of electric vehicles.

Enjoy the links:

1969 Lola T70 Mk3B Coupe Chevrolet - Chassis SL76/138 - Ultimatecarpage.com

2018 Red Bull Racing RB14 Tag Heuer - Images, Specifications and Information

2018 Techrules Ren RS - Images, Specifications and Information

2018 Volkswagen I.D. Vizzion Concept - Images, Specifications and Information