Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on BA Falcon and VY Commodore design

Opinions on BA Falcon and VY Commodore design

Personally, I think Holden have done a reasonable job at updating from the VX. The new one is nowhere near as pretty, but it was a pretty big job to make a fresh looking design on the old body, so I dont critise the VY design. Nothing tops the old SS design though.

As for the BA. Kudos Ford! Top looking car. Its just this sort of maufacturing thatll give you an edge on Holden. Its good to see that the Ford is neck and neck with Holden atm because competition is healthy for the consumer.
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

many holdebn supporters are arguing that ford came out with an overall better car than holden cause they spent twice as much money on it, but many reviewers are saying fords $500mil went further than holdens $250mil, or pretty much, holden was wasting their money a bit. the BA falcon is also not just an external update unlike the VY, where the BA has practically a new rear end, vastly updated 6 and 2 new v8's, unlike holdens almost identical mechanics carrying over. many of the things coming for the VZ commodore are things that should be here now, like the gen4 and the hfv6, but just like the introduction of the gen3, holden cant get their stuff ready on time

i've never really been a big fan of either holden or fords, i am a bmw person, but the new fords r looking really really good, and there's only 1 holden that i like, the only prob is that it's a concept, but it's damn hot.
    here it is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

and another one...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    many holdebn supporters are arguing that ford came out with an overall better car than holden cause they spent twice as much money on it, but many reviewers are saying fords $500mil went further than holdens $250mil, or pretty much, holden was wasting their money a bit. the BA falcon is also not just an external update unlike the VY, where the BA has practically a new rear end, vastly updated 6 and 2 new v8's, unlike holdens almost identical mechanics carrying over. many of the things coming for the VZ commodore are things that should be here now, like the gen4 and the hfv6, but just like the introduction of the gen3, holden cant get their stuff ready on time
    I did say design wise.
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

well holden obviously didnt do much research on what australians liked design wise

one of my friends reckons the vy headlights looks like cat eyes

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    well holden obviously didnt do much research on what australians liked design wise
    They didnt do bad. Sales are still strong. I think the SS and HSV models look better than the VX etc. Sharper and more agressive. The stock execs are a bit ordinary though. The series II Calais looks good.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

most base level cars are normal looking, but they should have made it look a bit more interesting, since buyers are drifting away from the base level cars and going for more luxurious models. what do ur eckon theyre gunna do for the vz? anything serious or just the same as between vt and vx?

I think it may look something along the lines of the Vectra, for better or worse. A lot of manufacturers seem to be going for a generic look across their rang a la BMW etc. Look a Toyota and Mitsubishi (although not for too long).
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

it will still have to look similar to the vy though wont it?

icant see why holden would change it too much since their current body style has sold so very well and its quite recognizable and to me any ways looks very generic

for VZ, it would cost too much as well to change the design of more than the headlights and grilles etc

well their putting a lot of moeny in the new lumop i cant see why not go all the way the current floorplan is the same as the VNs apprently

lumop? and i think the first fully australian designed commodore was the vt, which still shares architecture with the opel omega i think

Thread Information