Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

Well I wanted to make this thread so we can talk about the 2009 season and include the silly season news in it.

Here is some fun news, Luca hits at Bernie stepping down.

More key, Ferrari get general help, extra money, and their loyalty was bought by FOM in a "special deal".

Ferrari got $80 million more than McLaren would have got for winning the manufacturers title. So it is no longer speculation anymore if Bernie is telling the truth, Ferrari do essentially get help as so many had thought for so long. No surprise, but certainly a surprise coming from the head honcho.

They probably need to go back, take what both are saying and act on it. For example, Ferrari relinquish their special treatment from Bernie whilst Bernie allows the teams more control over the commercial side of the business.

The reality will probably be neither happens, and they continue bickering until Bernie does step down - be it by choice or death as Bernie would have it.

The initial thought with FOTA would be Max would try and seperate one to break them up. FOTA seem pretty unified within themselves, and with the FIA now though after the cost cutting talks. Maybe its Bernie's turn to try break them up.
    I am the Stig

David Richards went to see his friends in the UAE about financial backing.

So, why does Ferrari enjoy these privileges? What has McLaren done to Bernie anyway? is it a personal grief against Ron Dennis? anyone care to fill me in?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

I don't think it's grief against anyone so much as a perception that F1 isn't F1 without Ferrari, so they want to make sure they don't go anywhere.

My guess is it would be under the agreement Ferrari first signed with Bernie in 2005, followed by Williams and the Red Bull teams as a pre agreement to the next Concorde Agreement. At the time Ferrari were still involved with the GPMA, who were planning on setting up a rival league to Formula 1. When Ferrari signed the agreement with Bernie, the GPMA dispanded soon after.

Hence why the press has talked so much of the teams agreement, Ferrari included thus far, with the FOTA. So long as the teams have Ferrari on their side, its seen as a bargaining chip against Bernie and Max.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I don't think it's grief against anyone so much as a perception that F1 isn't F1 without Ferrari, so they want to make sure they don't go anywhere.
    Funny because it used to be F1 wasn't F1 without teams like McLaren, Williams, or Lotus...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Funny because it used to be F1 wasn't F1 without teams like McLaren, Williams, or Lotus...
    Ferrari leaving F1 would be a much bigger impact than the three you listed though. At least imo.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Yeah, Ferrari has been in F1 since what, the second race? They had a bad period in the 80s and 90s I suppose but they are the biggest team in popularity I'd imagine, the most successful, yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Ferrari leaving F1 would be a much bigger impact than the three you listed though. At least imo.
    I was referring to when Ferrari had their dismal period

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    So, why does Ferrari enjoy these privileges? What has McLaren done to Bernie anyway? is it a personal grief against Ron Dennis? anyone care to fill me in?
    Yes and it has been like that for many decades years even when Ferrari was not doing as well. Beating Ferrari always meant something extra. That's why Ferrari has the extra power and Enzo Ferrari used that on several in the past as well when he had a dispute with organizers.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Ferrari and Bernie have a similar mindset. To get as much out of F1 as possible....both seem to have succeeded so far, but now when the going is getting tougher they may start fighting for each others shares.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Yes and it has been like that for many decades years even when Ferrari was not doing as well. Beating Ferrari always meant something extra. That's why Ferrari has the extra power and Enzo Ferrari used that on several in the past as well when he had a dispute with organizers.
    So, if I got this right, Bernie has a personal grudge against Ron Dennis. And besides that, Ferrari is the FIA´s favorite becase Enzo told them 50 years ago "I am Formula One"
    Then, not having an absolutely impartial governing body is literally part of the show?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    So, if I got this right, Bernie has a personal grudge against Ron Dennis. And besides that, Ferrari is the FIA´s favorite becase Enzo told them 50 years ago "I am Formula One"
    Then, not having an absolutely impartial governing body is literally part of the show?
    Bernie is not the governing body. Don't confuse Bernie with the FIA.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

All these changes F1 is going to undergo in the near future definitely scare me a little bit.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Thread Information