Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Schumacher penalty too light?

It wasn't too light. Being sent back ten places on the grid is a hell of a lot, IMO.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Homem de Gelo View Post
    It wasn't too light. Being sent back ten places on the grid is a hell of a lot, IMO.
    On the other hand it's just like using a new engine when not scheduled.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

not really , he isnt in points contention some of time & has been qualifying poorly anyway

this comeback was his chance to prove he wasnt such an arrogant prick
    Last edited by Badsight; 08-16-2010 at 09:48 PM.

IMO, a ten place grid penalty is humiliating. These aren't the 80s, when you could overtake and expect 40% of the field to naturally DNF. He now has a lot of work to do and in all probability he won't do it. He'll likely walk away having had a near miserable weekend once more. If this were Alguesuari or Yamamoto, who would care? When your name is Schumacher and you have your entire reputation at stake (which isn't necessarily fair) plus the weight of Mercedes over your shoulders, it becomes a whole different game.

I still think it was a harsh and fair penalty.

IMO, a ten place grid penalty is humiliating. These aren't the 80s, when you could overtake and expect 40% of the field to naturally DNF. He now has a lot of work to do and in all probability he won't do it. He'll likely walk away having had a near miserable weekend once more. If this were Alguesuari or Yamamoto, who would care? When your name is Schumacher and you have your entire reputation at stake (which isn't necessarily fair) plus the weight of Mercedes over your shoulders, it becomes a whole different game.

I still think it was a harsh and fair penalty.
    The penalty was very light. We get grid spot penalties in racing for having the wrong tires on that's fair. But to shoved someone into a wall and get that's is ridiculous. What would you like someone to get killed to get a harsh penalty Homem de Gelo? Look at the facts of what happened. open wheel is a non contact sport. Some times its tough to avoid such a problem. Nascar is aloud to make contact. But when you see a move like that which Schumi and Barricello that's a huge risk to take right there. Especially when you have no fenders at all.

Are you kidding? I wouldn't want any racer killed more than you would, but I believe guys like Schumacher and Barrichello to be able to operate at a much more precise (sp?) and intense level than we could ever imagine. Racing for every inch and milisecond is what they do for a living and nobody has ever done that as much as that pair. How many of us armchair experts have ever driven/raced anything which even comes close?

Although there was no collision, it was definitely too close to comfort and thus the penalty. 10 places lost for what COULD have been seems just. Had there actually been contact, I would have thought a harsher penalty should be served.

How many of us armchair experts have ever driven/raced anything which even comes close?
    Well, maybe not close, but Kyle has raced in Formula 1200.

How many of us armchair experts have ever driven/raced anything which even comes close?.
    how many people in the world are given weeks & weeks to adapt to a F1 machine ?

just because only a few are competeing doesnt mean that only a few can

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What's the deal?
    At the race in Edmonton with just 3 laps left on a restart Helio Castroneves moved to the inside line coming into a corner to defend his position while the driver behind him (Powers, I think) moved to a very wide line to try to pass. He was unsuccessfull and ended up back in third. Then Helio was black flagged for blocking. Everybody and thier uncle agreed that was a horrible call.

Edit: Here's a video of the end of the race as well as Helios reaction, which was good for a few laughs and a $60,000 fine:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkQ1n75nlI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkQ1n75nlI[/ame]

Since then the IRL has instated a new rule which says that you can't take the inside line if someone is behind you, or something to that effect. It's retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by kylekosir View Post
    The penalty was very light. We get grid spot penalties in racing for having the wrong tires on that's fair. But to shoved someone into a wall and get that's is ridiculous. What would you like someone to get killed to get a harsh penalty Homem de Gelo? Look at the facts of what happened. open wheel is a non contact sport. Some times its tough to avoid such a problem. Nascar is aloud to make contact. But when you see a move like that which Schumi and Barricello that's a huge risk to take right there. Especially when you have no fenders at all.
    But he didn't shove him into the wall. He still left him room to pass, as demonstrated by the fact that the pass was made. I agree that it was a dangerous move, especially in an open wheeled car, but this thing has blown up when similar incidents earlier in the season involving other drivers never did.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 08-18-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

The Castroneves penalty was ridiculous.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

If Castroneves' move in Edmonton was penalised with a black flag, Schumacher, under the same set of rulings, should have been banned for life.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I really can't see where the block was supposed to have happened...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

If I was in Castroneves' shoes, now my fine would be much higher.
    That was like the stupidest penalty ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I really can't see where the block was supposed to have happened...
    He moved over to the left on the straight. It's so obvious!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

You defend yourself, you get a black flag.
    you want to kick someone's ass whit millions people watching you in the process, you get a 60.000 $ fine.
    Kicking asses seems a better business.

Thread Information