Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW X1 (E84) 2009-2015

Indeed, and that's precisely my point about them not being beautiful. They are just too daft, too useless, too awful or selfish to ever be beautiful. And that's why I'll never have an SUV.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I am still considering a C3 Picasso to replace our aging Stilo. Is that acceptable?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I am still considering a C3 Picasso to replace our aging Stilo. Is that acceptable?
    Yes very. Because MPVs are honest cars. They were designed to transport people or things and that's what they do. Some could even called good looking. In fact I quite like the C3 and C4 Picasso.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yes very. Because MPVs are honest cars. They were designed to transport people or things and that's what they do. Some could even called good looking. In fact I quite like the C3 and C4 Picasso.
    "sighs of relief"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    "sighs of relief"
    Haha. Buy a Golf GTI, does the same just quite a lot faster...
    Visca Catalunya!

Haha. Buy a Golf GTI, does the same just quite a lot faster...
    it is from Germany and soooo average (looking)

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    And I love how Ferrer didn't even bother to capitalize the thread name.

Good on ya. That's what the X1 deserves.
    That's most likely a UCP glitch. It's happened to me before when I made a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    That's most likely a UCP glitch. It's happened to me before when I made a thread.
    it's deliberate, we don't like the x-models...

It prevents people from posting too many consecutive capitals in the thread title thus CALMING DOWN G-----------35COUPE'S AND GOAMERICA!'S ANTICS!!!!!!1111!!!!!ONE!!!!ELEVEN! and preventing them from being as visually infuriating as they are mentally.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Sometimes though it works. At least when it's just one word like the MGA and MGB hideout threads.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I completely get that it's a complete lie of a vehicle - off road prowess that isn't there as a trade off to road manners which are also not there.

But there are some which, if you ignore the hatred you heap on the entire field of vehicles, are actually OK. The Freelander is moderately capable off road, certainly fit for purpose, and won't throw you off the road in a sudden manouvre.

The Tiguan handles very well by all accounts, is capable (if a little dull) but trades off road prowess for on road manners. Again, a delibrate and successful attempt to make the car more than a stop gap.

The fact remains the market is there for high vehicles that don't look like eggs or vans. They might as well be good.
    I don't know, the fact remains that the next Porsche Cayenne will lose some of that off road usability to shed weight. So I fail to see the purpose of the next generation.

SUVs that lose its off road capabilities is like neutering a dog. Not very useful anymore huh?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    It prevents people from posting too many consecutive capitals in the thread title thus CALMING DOWN G-----------35COUPE'S AND GOAMERICA!'S ANTICS!!!!!!1111!!!!!ONE!!!!ELEVEN! and preventing them from being as visually infuriating as they are mentally.
    Sometimes though it works. At least when it's just one word like the MGA and MGB hideout threads.
    I'm glad the glitch exists then. No more yelling.

I don't know, the fact remains that the next Porsche Cayenne will lose some of that off road usability to shed weight. So I fail to see the purpose of the next generation.

SUVs that lose its off road capabilities is like neutering a dog. Not very useful anymore huh?
    But if you want or need to go off road why would you want or need a bloody Porsche Cayenne in the first place? Aside from being hideously expensive and having an engine that simply has too much power, a Lada Niva or Suzuki Samurai would do the same job or maybe even better without costing a fortune to run and wtihout making you look like a twat who has more money than sense. Also there's no problem if you scratch the panel of a Toyota Land Cruiser but a broken door mirror is going to cost you a fortune to replace in a Cayenne.

When I come to power SUVs will be terminated. Forever.
    Visca Catalunya!

But if you want or need to go off road why would you want or need a bloody Porsche Cayenne in the first place? Aside from being hideously expensive and having an engine that simply has too much power, a Lada Niva or Suzuki Samurai would do the same job or maybe even better without costing a fortune to run and wtihout making you look like a twat who has more money than sense. Also there's no problem if you scratch the panel of a Toyota Land Cruiser but a broken door mirror is going to cost you a fortune to replace in a Cayenne.

When I come to power SUVs will be terminated. Forever.
    I don't know why you'd get a Cayenne. Maybe for the badge?

Besides, a Land Rover of any sort isn't cheap either.

You really don't have any new good cheap off roaders except for maybe the Jeep Wrangler or Cherokee.

Even the newest Toyota Land Cruiser looks horribly bloated and overcomplicated. Not really all that simple anymore.

Lada Niva sells for under 10 grand new.
    Visca Catalunya!

Besides, a Land Rover of any sort isn't cheap either.

You really don't have any new good cheap off roaders except for maybe the Jeep Wrangler or Cherokee.
    The cheapest L/R Defender is priced similar here to Toyota RAV4 Cruiser L (4cyl)

Thread Information