Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would've done the same thing

12 28.57%
  • I would've pulled over

30 71.43%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outrun the cops: Poll

Depending upon road conditions, I might try to break for it...
    ...but most of the time, I'd pull over and hope they didn't clock me at reckless driving speeds...

Do police officers let you go if you pay the ticket on the spot?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Do police officers let you go if you pay the ticket on the spot?
    Of course -- as long as you're blonde, legs up to your armpits and offer yourself to him
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well if I was already doing 170 and the cop was on the other side it'd be a while until he caught up so I guess I'd say "why not" and just dive down the nearest cross street as soon as possible. Not that I'd be doing 170 anyway. The fastest I've ever taken my car on a public road (empty of course) was 100, but I drive a 2002 so thats pretty fast for that car.
    Best rule is to just keep it on the track, or at least backroads where the only one hurt is yourself.
    " Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
    - Earnest Hemingway

you can't outrun a motorola! If i were doing that kinda speed at night, as a teenager, i'd think about running because he can't see me at night well. i'd just get up to speed knowing he'd take forever to get up to speed take my first exit, pull some lefts and rights and call it a day. hopefully i'd lose him!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I kind of wish this poll was public. Do most of you use the word pig for police simply because its the first thing that comes to mind, or purposely as a derogatory term?

*edit* This should be a three part poll as well, with the third being something like "Im not an idiot who feels comfortable subjecting others on the road to possible serious bodily risk just so I can be reckless and stupid."
    Pigs, popo, fuzz, but saying I smell bacon when driving is the most fun.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I don't think a car has any chances of running away, that Cobra was just lucky. I have a few friends that do run from cops when riding their bikes since it's been pretty much proven that cops don't even bother when it comes to bikes.

One of them though, running away from the cops, saw his friend on another bike hitting a car... the body went into the car through the windshield, the head flew far away after the roof of the car cut his neck. He sold his bike days later.

It's just not worth it.

I think it's ridiculous, you're putting innocent people's lives in danger

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Of course -- as long as you're blonde, legs up to your armpits and offer yourself to him
    Hey now, bribes only work from...oh wait. Yeh I guess that might do it I would just make sure I had at least two pairs of handcufs.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

lol, my car probably can't do 170mph...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

In Venezuela you can easily outrun the cops, and you don't even need to speed to do so since they drive Corollas and Landcruisers.

I don't know what the rules are over there, but the police have pursuit limits over here. I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty well qualified to do those kinds of speeds in a pursuit. I was chatting to a police biker at the weekend. I'm fairly sure he said that even the topmost qualified police bikers are capped at 140mph. Not sure about the cars, though.

FWIW, I don't think I'd have the stones to try it in a car. On a litre sports bike, on the other hand...

Id smash it. If im goin that fast already, GTFO of there.
    The Datto will rage again...

At 170 MPH, during the nighttime by the time a cop notices you you'd be gone. Hit the first exit, make a few quick turns and chill on a side street for a bit.

Not that I condone driving like this, but a cop car would likely be stopped or driving around the speed limit. By the time they noticed and sped up to pursuit speeds, you'd be far away anyway. Not to mention at night, going that fast it'd be almost impossible to get a plate reading let alone identify the car type.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    At 170 MPH, during the nighttime by the time a cop notices you you'd be gone. Hit the first exit, make a few quick turns and chill on a side street for a bit.

Not that I condone driving like this, but a cop car would likely be stopped or driving around the speed limit. By the time they noticed and sped up to pursuit speeds, you'd be far away anyway. Not to mention at night, going that fast it'd be almost impossible to get a plate reading let alone identify the car type.
    Except that if they were at a median, they could have your speed clocked a mile before you get their, further if they are on an overpass.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information