Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Touring Cars

Some photos from V8 Supercar round 6 Queensland Raceway Saturday 22Jul06. Maybe they will be famous touring cars one day
    #1 Jason Bright FPR Falcon
    #2 James Courtney SBR Falcon;Rick Kelly Toll/HSV Commodore;Mark Skaife HRT Commodore; Lowndes Triple 8 Falcon; Russell Ingall SBR Falcon
    #3 One of my favourite Mark Skaife photos......pointing the wrong way at Turn 3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blackhonda; 07-23-2006 at 12:29 AM.

i like the last picture yeah
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    #1 & #2. Gary Willmingtons' Jaguar XJS.
    #3 & #4. Peter Jackson Racing Nissan DR30 Skyline. I think this is Glenn Setons' car, in the 4th photo it would be overtaking the Rover....
    #5. I apologise for the poor quality of this photo. This is the Bailey "Chickadee" Commodore. This is the car that won Bathurst in '86 when Bailey was partnered by Alan Grice.
    The 3rd foto of the #30 Skyline, Isnt that George Fury's car circa 1986?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    The 3rd foto of the #30 Skyline, Isnt that George Fury's car circa 1986?
    Could well be, the original photo album with meeting programs was water-damaged some years ago. I saved what I could, so I don't dispute the fact that it could be the Fury car. I did caption the photos as Jul'86...

I believe this car made an appearance on the Car Show on Ch 9 about 4 weeks ago. A guy has it in his shed in Melbourne in 87 colours and spoilers etc and is planning to restore it to its correct livery and spec. Isnt one of the other Gibbo nissans at the racing museum at bathurst?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Aside from the BMW 318i BTCCs, here's another one that I like...not that it's fast nor did it win any races, I just like them

" I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    Aside from the BMW 318i BTCCs, here's another one that I like...not that it's fast nor did it win any races, I just like them

What? didn't the volvo vagons do it quite well? Wasn't it banned after a year or two? or is it just me that remembers very bad

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost
    What? didn't the volvo vagons do it quite well? Wasn't it banned after a year or two?
    Damn moderators!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Damn moderators!
    yeah!
    Their waay to hard handed

EDIT: I may have got'n it wrong.. After a litle google session I find out that the fuzz about the Btcc 850 Wagon was that it was the first ever wagon to be introduced to racing, and the first volvo in btcc....
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 07-27-2006 at 02:39 PM.

EDIT: I may have got'n it wrong.. After a litle google session I find out that the fuzz about the Btcc 850 Wagon was that it was the first ever wagon to be introduced to racing, and the first volvo in btcc....
    I remember hearing stories that the Wagon version of the 850 was entered that year due to a paperwork cock-up. They actually intended to enter the saloon but somehow once the paperwork was filled out before the season started they couldn't then change it back to the proper car and were stuck with the Wagon. At least that's how the story goes, not sure how much truth there is in it. I was just a little nipper at the time so can't remember all that well!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I remember hearing stories that the Wagon version of the 850 was entered that year due to a paperwork cock-up. They actually intended to enter the saloon but somehow once the paperwork was filled out before the season started they couldn't then change it back to the proper car and were stuck with the Wagon. At least that's how the story goes, not sure how much truth there is in it. I was just a little nipper at the time so can't remember all that well!
    Don't think so. I remember seeing a video when they launched the Wagon version to the public before the season started (the car had NO sponsor decals on it yet) and they had a closeup shot of Tim Harvey looking really and when he saw the wagon. And a season later he was driving for the Volvos

From what I've heard was that Volvo claimed the Wagon had better aerodynamic factors than any other Volvos available at that time for the BTCC.
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

What? didn't the volvo vagons do it quite well? Wasn't it banned after a year or two? or is it just me that remembers very bad
    they only stopped racing the wagon because toca (or btcc) introduced wings which were in 1996 so Volvo started to run the sedan then in 1997 Volvo introduced the s40 and in 1998 they won the btcc and the bathurst 1000 sorry if i got off track there
    video for that bathurst race is here http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=bathurst+1000 its the shortened ver but its still good and remember this video is long so 56k owns you
    if you search for bathurst on google video you will get alot of good stuff like TWR Jaguar V12 XJS @ Mt Panorama AU Qualifying Lap
    Last edited by acemotorsport; 07-28-2006 at 12:43 AM.
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

Volvo Super Tourers

Some Australian Volvo Super Tourers.
    #1 Volvo 850 driven by Peter Brock at the Surfers Paradise Indy Carnival in 98
    #2 Volvo S40 driven by Jim Richards at Lakeside in 99. This is a late model car.
    #3 Volvo S40, Volvo Dealer Team sister-car, note the different profile front guards/fenders/wings...
    I am not an expert here, but it is my understanding that Volvo deliberately homologated the wagon. The reason was superior aerodynamics. As I understand it the reason is as follows: A conventional sedan (the so-called "three box") creates a low-downforce area behind the rear window (the C-pillar), as the airflow basically runs in straight line along the roof-line. One way to get around this was to use the wagon, another was to allow the use of wings...which is the solution the rule-makers came up with, making the wagon obsolete. I had heard that the original TWR 850 sedan test vehicles (mules) were cut down wagons, but I can't be certain of that.

More Australian Super Tourers

#1 David Augers ex-Tarquini '94 BTCC winning Alfa 155. This car was seriously damaged at Phillip Island and was re-shelled with a shell imported from New Zealand.
    #2 Nissan Primera.
    #3 BMW 318is. The decals on the car are vinyl, not painted on.
    #4 Peugeot 406. Also ex-BTCC cars, one of which was driven by Patrick Watts at this meeting (Lakeside '98)
    #5 Peter Hills Ford Mondeo. These were early model cars, again ex-BTCC, that were re-skinned as late model cars. I think they were originally constructed by Andy Rouse.
    #6 Audi A4. The Audis in quattro form swept all before them, so they ended their racing careers as front wheel drive. This is taken at turn 6 Queensland Raceway '99.

i remember seeing a holden commodore vs with the playboy vinyl decals at bathurst 1000 in 1998

Thread Information