Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I'm a fan of Twilight (Yeah so what, I said it), read all the books, and looking forward to all the movies.
    Twilight isn't bad at all. I quite enjoyed the first one. I haven't read any of the books, but I will definitely see the movies as they come out. Its something my girlfriend and I can both agree on. It has romance for her, and blood sucking vampires for me .

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    good think RobPorsche made this thread cuz Harry Potter sucks balls. has anyone ever read James Pattersons series Maximum Ride and Daniel X. awesome sci-fi books thats for sure! if your into to sci-fi...
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Twilight isn't bad at all. I quite enjoyed the first one. I haven't read any of the books, but I will definitely see the movies as they come out. Its something my girlfriend and I can both agree on. It has romance for her, and blood sucking vampires for me .
    First movie / book is ok... but mostly about the two kids falling in love.

Second book is sloooooooowwww and then the Wolves come along (watch the vid that I posted) and gets a bit exciting towards the end.

Third book is the best one ever, lots of action, lots of fights... lots of vampires and wolves.

Fourth book is when the girl finally becomes a vampire and develops the same crazy strength that they have, it has a lot of action but not as good as the third one.

My wife loves the series as well and is madly deeply in love with the vampire guy.

I saw it yesterday with my cousins. One of them is a huge Harry Potter fan so every time there is a new one we all go see it. I thought it was good. Of course there is one good reason to watch the movie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it today with the wife. It was good, I thought, for what it is. It's no Shawshank Redemption - but why would anyone try and hold a Harry Potter movie to that kind of standard?
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn View Post
    I saw it today with the wife. It was good, I thought, for what it is. It's no Shawshank Redemption - but why would anyone try and hold a Harry Potter movie to that kind of standard?
    and why not?
    I think a movie has two reasons to exist.

- to make you think, see things from a different point of view, appreciate something you didn't considered so precious, communicate.

- entertain at the highest level, laugh all the time, plenty of funny things to make your abdominals hurt, or action action action, hysterical scenes, making you running with the character and physically exited.

It's about personal opinion of course, but I'm not into "meh", "not bad for what it is", "average" and "a good way to occupy a couple of hours movies".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Do you enjoy anything at all Leon? Or are you a constant downer in everything you do?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Do you enjoy anything at all Leon? Or are you a constant downer in everything you do?
    I don't accept things as a given fact, and I think there are already too many "average" products to justify the existence of more of them or people accepting them just because they don't hurt anybody, so I'm constantly looking for something "more" and "better".
    if that's a downer, yeah, that's me maybe.

for a matter of facts, "Shawshank Redemption" is a masterpiece.

And you really think Harry Potter will ever be a masterpiece?

Questioning the status quo is great, but your constant berating of nearly everything does grate, you have to understand. Not everything is built to such lofty standards and indeed if everything was great you'd have nothing to judge greatness off.

Also, it's Harry Potter FFS, it's not going to be an oscar winning tale of triumph over adversity....

Especially when you sort of know the outcome will never match expectations, but you watch anyway.....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'm not going to watch it, and I quoted Shawshank Redemption just because nopassn did.
    There is a thread about this HP movie, fine. I think they are a bit useless as they are right now.
    They aren't as children-friendly as they used to be, but still they maintain a childish attitude towards them, and I don't like this.
    If it was a movie done purely to entertain children, that would have been ok, but it seems, in my opinion, that this saga is aiming to be something else, and still in personal opinion, failing.

I don't pretend this movie to be a masterpiece or whatever more than a kids movie, my problem with the HP thing is that it is trying to be more than a kids saga.

There are plenty of movies people watch without a real interest but just looking for something to occupy those 2 hours, and then they will say it's "freaking awesome" just to have something to say and be in love with for the next two weeks.
    It would be cool if it wasn't that someone else is making billions out of these, without people really putting a bit of salt in what they are watching, while other great artists (which those are not) are struggling to find a way to produce their movies or to have an audience.
    And it's the same for other products, being music, videogames, cars or books.

Perhaps it's not HP case, but I'm sick of other silly, pointless, ignorant but money-maker movies and of those who watch them, like them and pretend them to be awesome when they don't know a damn thing about cinema.

So, Mr Harry Potter, I'm sorry to be mad with you, didn't mean that, I'm just sick of people calling "300", "Transformers" and other stuff "great movies".
    I don't know you, I didn't read your books and just watched a movie of yours (or maybe two). Friends talked to me about you a lot, so I know you are not that bad.
    Surely not my cup of tea though.

better now?

You do have to accept it's a bit of a cultural phenomenon for some people, though.

The cinema has always been full of movies where the end goal is profit and the stories ludicrous. isn't that half the fun? Children especially should be encouraged to get wrapped up in fantasy and imagination, even if it's a bit commercial, at least they're not doing drugs or moping about complaining about how everything is commercial and the man runs everything, man......

The thing about great art and great artists? it's often not appreciated in it's own lifetime. this is fairly instant gratification which is what the movie going public wants.

stop taking it so seriously, or go to film school and make a touching tale no one wants to watch because it's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Better now?
    Frankly no.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

never seen a harry potter movie ever, was told if you'd read the books, don't see the movie. sounded fair enough at the time, so..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    stop taking it so seriously, or go to film school and make a touching tale no one wants to watch because it's depressing.
    no one said it should be depressing, while HP is getting darker and darker. ok, I'll stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Frankly no.
    you're welcome.

Did you read the books?

HP IS getting darker and more depressing. it's about good vs evil.....

Thread Information