Thread: Borderlands

Borderlands

Ok, didn't see a thread for it so I figured I'd step up. Just picked up the game last weekend. Had a complete blast playing with my best friend on Live. Currently have a level 17 Soldier for online play, and I'm working up a level 7 Siren for single play. My bud and I are boosting up to take down Sledge this weekend (yea, we haven't gotten all that far......I know).

Anyone playing this one right now? [awaits the proverbial chirp of crickets due to MW2's current presence]
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

any game where you get to shoot psychotic screaming midgets gets a thumbs up in my books. even if it does hit a little close to home

started playing, thought oh this is cool, then oh shit it's 3am already
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I haven't played, but it seems like fun. I'll probably rent it.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    My bud and I are boosting up to take down Sledge this weekend.
    Never gunna happen bud.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    any game where you get to shoot psychotic screaming midgets gets a thumbs up in my books. even if it does hit a little close to home

started playing, thought oh this is cool, then oh shit it's 3am already
    I thought in your case though, you'd be the psychotic screaming midget getting shot at...

Well, maybe you'd have a gun as well being a - somewhat surprisingly - non-American gun nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Never gunna happen bud.

Don't worry, I was referring to your Borderlands counterpart......some big time roadwarrior type warlord named Sledge. And I will be bringing my Soldier......incidently named: Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I thought in your case though, you'd be the psychotic screaming midget getting shot at...
    well, it IS a valuable insight into the minds of my enemies i guess, now i know what they go through.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post

Don't worry, I was referring to your Borderlands counterpart......some big time roadwarrior type warlord named Sledge. And I will be bringing my Soldier......incidently named: Hammer.
    Definetly sounds like me...
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

still playing this game. haven't tried all the characters yet. played with four level 50 characters today to finish off a friend's second playthrough, picked up a lot of good weapons... and got hammered a few times too; the enemies can go a rank or two higher than the player maximum.

The Zombie Island add-on is worth a look. Great place to get into lots of action and do a good bit of leveling. There's also another Claptrap backpack expansion to be had, along with lots of weapon boxes (especially in Dead Haven). And let's face it, blowing bits off of zombies just never gets old.

PS: There's a quest on the island that let's you activate an old Jakob's weapon vender that sells some high end weaponry (as in: high level). Just be warned: it doesn't stay active very long........so have lots of cash handy if you want anything out of that machine.

haha also, finding undead TK baha is awesome.

Wow, just hit up Live tonight and saw that the second add-on is already out. Didn't think it would be released until next month. Looks like a good co-op survival mode. Gotta check this out. Going download in a minute.

let me know if it's any good

Well the jury is still out on that one. My friend and I downloaded this two days ago and gave the first area a go. It definitely offers a challenge a bit above anything I've gone up against in the game to date. But as we have yet to complete the first 3 areas (required to turn in the first challenge quest), I'm unsure of whether the rewards will have been worth the effort. But the biggest disappointment thus far?........we put down well over 300 enemies during the 5 rounds of the first area, but received not a single experience point for it. I have to say....that really pissed me off. The rewards for completing the full challenge quest better be something epic for all the time we're going to put into finishing this thing.

On the upside, however...the new bank feature is pretty nice. Especially if you find yourself wishing you could stow some inventory during the course of a playthrough. The full bank upgrade (that's available to me so far) offers up to 36 storage slots.

PS: I don't know how our time schedules would mesh, Clutch....but I'm going to add you as a friend next time I get on Live in case you'd like someone to co-op with sometime.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 01-01-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Thread Information