View Poll Results: Who will take out the Championship?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Craig Lowndes

11 64.71%
  • Rick Kelly

3 17.65%
  • Don't Know, To Hard To Tell

1 5.88%
  • I Don't Give A Damn!

2 11.76%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars: Round 13 Phillip Island, Caterpillar Finale

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Blocking IS defending. You are allowed to block, to a certain extent. What you can't do, however, is purposely slow down a driver by way of blocking them (as well as driving off the pace), in order to let another driver catch up. Skaife and Tander blocked Lowndes WHILST driving painfully slowly, in order to let baby Rick catch up. If Skaife and Tander were still on the pace whilst defending from Lowndes, nobody would have a problem. The reason there is a problem is because they were driving one to two seconds off the pace.
    It happens all the time, Larry perkins did it at bathurst years ago, John bowe was the master of holding cars behind him happend then and now,
    I'm getting shitty because now people are suggesting it's never happen before when it's been going on for years.
    Niel Cromptom wasnt too impressed with the penatly handed too Garth tander, He said he was struggling with grip and control, And your hardly going too let the competitor past ford or holden.
    And then i'm hering some dribble getting around that T.Kelly was trying too hold Lowndes up on that corner where they crashed, How far was he infront of them?.. Then someone said lowndes moved too the inside not too block but pass T.kelly?.

I've said before, if it was a reversed situation I would be equally as harsh on Lowndes. And Skaife and Ingall weren't on equal points, going into the last race of the season head to head, deciding which one of them would be champion.
    You know something it would be all smiles ford might make another song or video clip poking fun at the opposition, Or make some pictures of it sit back and crack up laughing there heads off.
    Points shouldn't matter with skaife and ingal, Skaife was going for 2nd in the championship and ingal denied him blatantly no love tap he gunned for him, He had no reason ambrose was getting the number 1 skaife wasn't going too win it ingal wasn't a touch slower he was massively slower.
    Like i said ingall is still defended for what he did and skaife is still laughed at for it.

No, he didn't even turn Skaife around, and what he did was completely different to the Lowndes/ Kelly incident. He had been driving on Mark's arse for a long time, and touched him legally, where as Rick's incident was a result of careless driving
    Why is it always different? He slammed the rear of skaife which then gave CL a chance too pass both of them. Difference is skaife controlled the spin and was able too continue, But if he was a split second slower Lowndes moves up 2 spots because of bright getting too excited. He came close too slamming into lowndes also. He's day could of ended there.

All hitting should be outlawed if everyone is going too moan about hitting, That there solves the problem.

Simple no hitting no blocking and no defending... Defending is blocking and shouldn't be called defending. Cause some allow defending which is blocking but use the word defending too justify blocking.
    Ban Blocking moving across the road.. And ban hitting. In F1 they can't touch it will end there day so let these drivers drive the cars right and don't have touching.
    Bright is a great exponent of using the car infront too brake.

Didn't anyone noticed R.Kelly was off the road? No chance he was forced there no that's right i cant blame Lowndes only Kelly.
    Some years ago Kelly hit the rear of a car at surfers, He was at fault for that it was silly. This i doubt anyone would have expected such light contact too spin him. But it was a combination of the 2 drivers trying too out brake each other for the corner. If they didnt come together i wouldn't have been surprised if the both missed the corner. Look again at the reply first shot they both were flying up on T.Kelly fast they both wouldn't have made the corner.

It was the front right hit from another car that got him. And it's because of that the protest was launched, Other wise they would have excepted the drive through. And that is why nothing further was done.

But as far as speed goes in race 3 kelly at least looked like he had some car speed on lowndes early on.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by futura
    I support Ford but i am appalled at the way the holden teams were allowed to dictate the outcome of this years championship AVESCO should be ashamed of themselves and had the shoe been on the other foot all the holden fans would be screaming just as loud as we are.

The fact is Kelly cheated, the only way he could win the title was to take lowndes out of the equation and he knew that craig would either lose a heap of spots or get cleaned up by other traffic. Kelly should be ashamed of himself and his tactics and he certainly is not worthy of the title Champion
    The shoe has been on the other foot.
    Doesnt anyone remember Marcas Ambrose?? Screaming over the radio I'm trying too win a ****en Championship for ford the first in Da da years.. But no-one is helping me out.. Now everyone was suggesting then they should have helped him win it.. That was fine till Sunday.
    Problem is ford drivers are selfish none more then bright, If he could have took lowndes out when he spun around he would have he likes being the villain ask him he was pretty happy when he drove for holden and ran Ambrose off the road at phillip island.

Bright did not hit skaife he outbraked himself and lost the front end spinning himself around

Not forgetteing that Bright was trying to beat 888 for 2nd in the teams championship and everything...
    Rosey glasses off, Kelly cheated. Cant get in front of the guy your fighting for a championship? Push him off...
    Ambrose didnt do it to win a title, Havent seen Skaife do it, at least that I can recall, Ingall didnt punt Lowndes off last year, Brocky Never did it, Seto didnt punt JB off in the last round of his 2 titles... Getten the drift here? Kelly didnt think he could beat Lowndes fair and square, So he PUSHED HIM OFF. He IS a CHEAT.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

the fact remains had kelly not hit cl he would not have the car speed to catch and pass him as was proven in race two when craig was gapping him every lap, it would have been craigs championship

Bright did not hit skaife he outbraked himself and lost the front end spinning himself around
    He hit skaife you blind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Not forgetteing that Bright was trying to beat 888 for 2nd in the teams championship and everything...
    Rosey glasses off, Kelly cheated. Cant get in front of the guy your fighting for a championship? Push him off...
    Ambrose didnt do it to win a title, Havent seen Skaife do it, at least that I can recall, Ingall didnt punt Lowndes off last year, Brocky Never did it, Seto didnt punt JB off in the last round of his 2 titles... Getten the drift here? Kelly didnt think he could beat Lowndes fair and square, So he PUSHED HIM OFF. He IS a CHEAT.
    Ingall didn't even come onto the same straight last year with lowndes and ambrose. So he could hardly get close enough too smell he's fumes.

It was a tram ticket hit.
    the fact remains had kelly not hit cl he would not have the car speed to catch and pass him as was proven in race two when craig was gapping him every lap, it would have been craigs championship
    See now that is a crystal ball thing for race3. In race 2 before the pits Kelly had the car speed on lowndes once he made a mistake he was able too pull away. Only what happen too the point of the accident in race 3 is fact after is pure speculation. But kelly had much more speed on lowndes in the first couple of laps then he did all day. And he could seance it too he was more worried because he was told go for it don't hold back you have too beat him this is it.

But anyway ford fans wouldn't be ford fans if they didn't have a holden driver too hate.. Every year got too pick one out too hate. Holden fans don't really give a toss there all blue

on the subject of cheating was anyone else disgusted with how avesco allowed the two holden teams to switch drivers for the enduros

[QUOTE=SlickHolden]He hit skaife you blind?

you are talking about when bright lost the rear end and spun

Hey Slick, I notice you didnt add any comments about the Holden drivers in the list... touch of Bias?
    Futura, the issue about the driver swap was fair enough, they werent exactly swapping teams or anything seeing as the Clayton Clan stick together like they do. Just swapping cars really. It backfired for Tander and helped Rick. Thems the breaks.
    What Im wondering is if the HRT and HSV will be grouped and thus have 6 million bucks between them to spend next year. They are OBVIOUSLY one big team really. So, in my humble opinion, they should be treated as one team. They have the same base, they share equipment and personel, and obviously by the weekend just gone by, they hunt in packs.
    Rick is a cheat by the way...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Was that the part where i said holden fans dont give a shit about ford drivers there all blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Hey Slick, I notice you didnt add any comments about the Holden drivers in the list... touch of Bias?
    Futura, the issue about the driver swap was fair enough, they werent exactly swapping teams or anything seeing as the Clayton Clan stick together like they do. Just swapping cars really. It backfired for Tander and helped Rick. Thems the breaks.
    What Im wondering is if the HRT and HSV will be grouped and thus have 6 million bucks between them to spend next year. They are OBVIOUSLY one big team really. So, in my humble opinion, they should be treated as one team. They have the same base, they share equipment and personel, and obviously by the weekend just gone by, they hunt in packs.
    Rick is a cheat by the way...
    Any money they don't count it that way, you see a gentleman racer like Dick Johnson going under because of corporate sponsorship (lack of) and then you see a fat cat like tom walkinshaw who is just plain greedy and has to have two fingers in the v8 pie. As long as they are getting the insane amounts of money for the licences AVESCO dont give a shit who pays for it and they are willing to look the other way when incidents ocuur on the track such as this weekend and let them get away with it. Perhaps roland dane and triple eight racing should lend an oar to DJR and then they could swap and change drivers and technology and such. Then all the holden boys would really have something to be up in arms about.

Slick,
    If the positions were reversed and craig had taken out rick do you think it would be fair for craig to take the championship??????

Just heard the update, Protest dismissed, what a crock, just shows how much they want a holden with number one on the door
    RICK KELLY IS A CHEAT AND DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE CALLED CHAMPION

Rick being stripped of the title was always going to be unlikely though. Much less of a stir to have a champion who punted someone off the track to get there than to strip someone of the title, and hand it to someone else.

Slick,
    If the positions were reversed and craig had taken out rick do you think it would be fair for craig to take the championship??????
    Yes.. Because the smash too the front right of the car after the spin was even more unexpected then the rear hit that spun him around. The spin didn't help. And rick paid for it with a drive through. The front smash too CL's car done some damage and that really was the main thing in the end that done him. And that is what pissed them the most they got hit after the hit and it cut there speed. If they got back on the track without being hit and drove on home i'm pretty sure no-one would be talking about the contact with kelly.

Everyone had too accepted like it or not that the best driver didn't win the championship last year, But he worked too the points system and won it fair. He wasn't the best driver but he is still the champion.

Thread Information