Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GGG ... Giulia " Black Fangs II " Alfa Romeo ... GGG

GGG ... Giulia " Black Fangs II " Alfa Romeo ... GGG

“ The Road & Track Giulia “

For the past 25 years or so that I’ve been familiar myself with Alfa Romeo, Giulia Saloon never got to me ….until a few months ago ! …..

In my country, Thailand, Alfa Romeo cars are treated like celebrity… something you see but can’t or, rather, will not touch.

“ It’s expensive, maintenance is complicated, parts are not available " …and so on

But to us, Alfa – Lovers , those are considered a love-life challenge. The harder the better…more complication equals more fun !

So our small group of men, and very few women, would gather our lives …behind Alfa Romeo.

Last edited by George Manont; 12-24-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Few Alfa Romeos that have gone though me…

• 4 Giuliettas, tipo 116 ; 1 with 1.6 / 1 with 1.8 / 2 with modified 2.0 engines
    • 2 Alfa 155s,tipo 155 ; 1 with 8 Valves / 1 with 16 valves
    • 2 Alfa Berlinas, tipo 105 ; they were both 2000 cc. “ Donor Cars “
    • 2 Nuovo GTVs, tipo 916 ; A silver and a red, both with 2.0 litre original Twin Spark Engine
    • 2 GT 1300 Juniors, tipo 105 ; A silver and a yellow, again, both with modified 2000 cc. & drive train
    • 1 Alfetta Saloon, tipo 116 ; another “ Donor Car “

…..and….still in my garage today are….

• A modified GT 1300 Junior, tipo 105, with hot 2000 cc. engine and track suspension set up
    • A modified Alfetta GTV, tipo 116, also with souped up 2000 cc. engine and loaded suspension

As you can see…. No Giulia Saloon…..

Why’s that ?

Well, I’d say …I was blind for not able to see the real Alfa Romeo …..even if it parks right in front of me !

A blind man indeed !

But now I see the light…coming from this Giulia Saloon…and it started to get to me this way….

If you notice from the above list of the “ Gone Through Alfas “, that I had owned 2 GT 1300 Juniors, a silver and a yellow…..well it’s the latter car…the yellow … that started the Giulia project by chance…

The yellow junior was my project even before the millennium year… it was an “ Almost There “ project … the body prep was completed, the engine and suspension were modified and readied…but before I have it on the road , I had a final paint / body fit check up and found many things not to my liking… one thing led to another and I decided to have the paint redone….

And the yellow turned to be an “ Incompleted “ project …and sat gathering dust for many..many years…

Meanwhile…I have lost my eagerness in Alfa Romeo car-restoration to others…

Until a few months ago ! After having other car project completed ….. I said “ What else “ to myself.

Looking back … I must decide what to do with this yellow Junior…then I’ve got a call from a friend who has a Giulia Saloon…and we ended-up with me now a new owner of an old Giulia Saloon, and my friend get my incompleted Junior !

What a deal ! What a DEAL !

( Thanks, Rodney ! )

Last edited by George Manont; 12-24-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Then my dream started….

The 1st Concept

I said to myself that my Giulia must not be an ordinary one, rather a special kind….a Giulia ( convert to ) Pick-Up…that should look like this….

Top ; It’s a Giulia in standard form. It sits high up from suspension and high profile tires…..no, I don’t want this !

Mid ; This is what I’d do … loaded it down a bit especially at the front… reduce the front height by both lowering the suspension and tire profile. The bumpers are now gone !...look sportier, ain’t it ?

Lower ; The I must cut and move the rear section to the front…and will extend the rear lid …in order to have the cover for the hauling part which will be laid with wooden sheet that all line with brushed stainless steel deco !

How’s that look ? Yeah, this is what I’d have for my Giulia !

But my concept / dreamed Giulia never see the light of day ! Why, because I couldn’t find a good bodyman that wanted to take on this project.

So, this was the end of my Giulia Pick-Up…..but then came the alternative….

The 2nd Concept

The other project was an 1965 Mustang that I have had it started by the end of 2005…and completed with “ World Premiere “ on 12/12/2009

This Mustang was renamed as “ Black Fangs “ … to reflect the ALL BLACK look .

…and this was to be a model for my Giulia’s 2nd concept !....a “ Black Fangs II “

The “ Wish List “ looks like this ;

1.It will have a loaded body….obviously…a black body… an unusual color for Giulia Saloon…

2. It will have some mildly HOT engine….

3. It will have an effective handling & ride

Wish list numbered 2 & 3 were actually not a real challenge as I planned to replace the Giulia original engine ( 1600 cc. , standard )… and original suspension & drive gears by those modified stuff from the unfinished yellow Junior.

…and…this was how my Giulia “ Black Fangs II “ should look like…..

Work on Giulia started in October of this year. It was a real challenge for all involve as we set the deadline very tight, we said we’d have Giulia complete, run and ready for introduction on Dec 20, 2009… our Alfa Day for the year 2009 !

…..and….right on the target date….December 20, 2009 … Giulia “ Black Fangs II “ was born….

Thanks in MILLION parts to my project manager …. A good friend….Sutee Cheevapoonpol

…and now….I give you Giulia “ Black Fangs II “ Alfa Romeo…..

The Reflections of Love

Details…Details…Details…

The Hidden Fangs, in Black !

Thread Information