Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > General Automotive

Old 06-20-2008, 04:53 PM

New Zealand, Feilding.
Send a message via MSN to #1 Mustang Fan Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Mustang Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Yet another one...
No, not all these people are ricers with slower than stock cars.

We've all seen the guy driving down the street in a civic or neon half covered in primer, with an oversized muffler and not much else. Well those cars do not go into these magazines.

Pick up a tuner magazine sometime. Go to one of the cars, look at the list of modifications. You'll probably see hi performance tires, larger brakes, upgraded suspension and possibly chassis components, some kind of work to the read and trans, and quite a bit of engine work. Many have full cages too. Stop being an idiot.
They may have the performance parts, but the car will still have the flashy sh*t like the massive exhaust, etc & this is what sparks all the F & F try-hards out there into getting the body parts and sticking them their cars that they have just because they want to impress someone who then thinks they're a f*cken idiot. They don't seem to take any notice of what performance upgrades, which is what separates ricers and their idol'istic dreams..... They just want to have cars that look like the stuff on the front cover of a magazine that is getting promoted. It's impractical and idiotic... Why waste the money?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Flat Out

Kyushu
Send a message via AIM to cmcpokey Send a message via MSN to cmcpokey
Fd Ftl... Fb Ftw
Old 06-20-2008, 05:31 PM

Redneckville, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
Hey I know there is a number of different ways to convert a Mazda RX-7 frontend and I was just wondering if they are using headlights from other cars or if they are just creating their own lights so they will fit perfect with the fenders & hood. I have pics of a few different RX-7s front ends and the red one looks alot like Porsche headlights?? I know that you can simply take the "pop-up" lights out and replace them with projectors, but these other lights look like there from different cars...anyone know???
The blue one has smoked 99 spec bumper lights and the head lights are one of the more common kits, but I can't remember which one because flashy kits don't really appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, If anyone wants to put a kit on their FD by all means do it! I like to think every FD with a kit makes the value of my car go up
Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Furniture

brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
Send a message via MSN to clutch-monkey
no aftermarket kit looks better than a clean spirit R or an SP front end.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Enthusiast

Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
They may have the performance parts, but the car will still have the flashy sh*t like the massive exhaust, etc & this is what sparks all the F & F try-hards out there into getting the body parts and sticking them their cars that they have just because they want to impress someone who then thinks they're a f*cken idiot. They don't seem to take any notice of what performance upgrades, which is what separates ricers and their idol'istic dreams..... They just want to have cars that look like the stuff on the front cover of a magazine that is getting promoted. It's impractical and idiotic... Why waste the money?
Hey I agree about the guys who are just trying to impress and have no real knowledge of cars.

But to me it's not even about how fast a car is, it's about how much effort is put into it. I.E. a kid who works his butt off and puts lots of money into a supra say. If he actually cares about his car and puts that much work into it, there's no reason not to be proud and show it off. Even if the body doesn't appeal to you or me, it may to him, and that's all that matters. and imo a tuner car with a body kit from a good company looks no more overdone than an elise, or a porsche GT3, or a noble. etc. etc.

I'm just saying I wish people would be a little more careful about grouping your typical neonz, exhaust, graphics, stickers, etc. RICERS together with people who are actual enthusiasts with nice cars.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
no aftermarket kit looks better than a clean spirit R or an SP front end.

Too true, they never get old.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM

New Zealand, Feilding.
Send a message via MSN to #1 Mustang Fan Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Mustang Fan
Quote:
Hey I agree about the guys who are just trying to impress and have no real knowledge of cars.

But to me it's not even about how fast a car is, it's about how much effort is put into it. I.E. a kid who works his butt off and puts lots of money into a supra say. If he actually cares about his car and puts that much work into it, there's no reason not to be proud and show it off. Even if the body doesn't appeal to you or me, it may to him, and that's all that matters. and imo a tuner car with a body kit from a good company looks no more overdone than an elise, or a porsche GT3, or a noble. etc. etc.

I'm just saying I wish people would be a little more careful about grouping your typical neonz, exhaust, graphics, stickers, etc. RICERS together with people who are actual enthusiasts with nice cars.
Effort is the last thing "ricers" are about to put into a car. They just want to get the tricked out ride done as fast as it can be possible done, and thats where the shop down teh road comes in handy...

If your that really enthusiastic kid you'll have the patience to get it done your way, and make your modifications unique to your car.

Just interested, what does everyone define "ricer" as?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:

Bob once again there is nothing left to say that u havent said so I agree fully wit u...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
That's an offense to the Sagaris , as all of the pictures in post 1 show grotesque wastage of perfectly good cars (stock RX-7s are nicely proportioned and stylish, unlike all this "Veilside""Top Secret" and "Tokyo Drift" rubbish).
And too top this whole thread off, you my friend have to be "totally ignorant" and "stupid" to say that "Top Secret" is rubbish...please let me put some knowledge in that brain of yours and tell you that Top Secret is a very well known and puts out all kinds of FAST cars...now you can look up the video and the other cars on your own time but here is just one of their projects...

Top Secret V12 Supra...and yes the V12 is from a Japanese car also...

I would like you guys to tell me this is a RICER...haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V12 Supra Front.jpg (198.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Supra V12 Engine.jpg (227.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg V12 Supra.jpg (154.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 PM

New Zealand, Feilding.
Quote:
Bob once again there is nothing left to say that u havent said so I agree fully wit u...

And too top this whole thread off, you my friend have to be "totally ignorant" and "stupid" to say that "Top Secret" is rubbish...please let me put some knowledge in that brain of yours and tell you that Top Secret is a very well known and puts out all kinds of FAST cars...now you can look up the video and the other cars on your own time but here is just one of their projects...

Top Secret V12 Supra...and yes the V12 is from a Japanese car also...

I would like you guys to tell me this is a RICER...haha
It's a ricer.... You asked for it.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
It's a ricer.... You asked for it.
umm...ur 15years old correct??? shouldn't you be riding your bike to the bus stop in the mornings...You don't know what your talking bout, and you wont till you actually see a Japanese car( or what you think a ricer is) in action....When u go out and finally experience how fast some cars are, you will then realize that there is a world out there, that has many cars and alot of ppl like you no nothing about them...

I look down on you....
Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Québec
Send a message via MSN to fisetdavid26
Alright people, let's calm down a little.

UCP is well known for its general anti-ricer attitude, so CamNismo, you're not gonna win. I'm not going to take any side, but I'm just advising you not to waste your time debating the good sides of tuned Japanese rides. They are mostly hated here.

That being said, I like that V12 Supra.
that's what she said
Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Rookie

ok...

why do u even have an Asian car thread then???

Last edited by CamNismo; 06-20-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:34 PM

Stonehaven, Scotland, UK
Is this guy for real???
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 PM

New Zealand, Feilding.
Quote:
umm...ur 15years old correct??? shouldn't you be riding your bike to the bus stop in the mornings...You don't know what your talking bout, and you wont till you actually see a Japanese car( or what you think a ricer is) in action....When u go out and finally experience how fast some cars are, you will then realize that there is a world out there, that has many cars and alot of ppl like you no nothing about them...

I look down on you....
My friend, you have a lot to learn about humor and that was what I was talking about, and therefore obviously know more about it than you..

Though that V12 Supra sounds very interesting

We have ricers aplenty in NZ, and I sure know what they look like. They look like wannabe racing cars for the streets with after market parts and silly decals everywhere..

"How fast some cars are" yet you don't have a car.

Now I look down on you. And realize that theres a world full of idiots like you.

I do ride my bike to the bus stop actually... It's called exercise
Old 06-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Enthusiast

Texas
Send a message via AIM to scottie300z
Most of the aero parts on these cars do absolutely nothing for performance. So even the people who put effort (yes even that top secret supra) and the ricers are still making their cars look like that for the same reasons.