Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SICK RX-7 Front Ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Manik View Post
    Too true, they never get old.
    every now and then i'll see an aftermarket kit that i think looks good, but then i see a stock spirit R or an SP and i just think...why bother with aftermarket!

also like the touring car FB's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by stang fan
    Just interested, what does everyone define "ricer" as?
    Any Modz that can be seen are rice. So the wing on my 535i is rice but the M5 diff is not, don't know about the E34 wheels though..
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

I cant believe the level UCP has dropped to with ignorance about imports and bodykits.

Not all cars are supercars from the factory.

Adam, Veilside, top secret, Chargespeed, and any number or quality tuners, including RE Amiya spend alot of time getting the kits to look good while increasing the downforce.

Clivey, I like the veilside RX7. The RE Amiya RX7 (first car pictured here) when built as the propper option from the factory has a complete carbon fibre built body, with 500KW at the wheels. I wouldnt call that something only ricers like.

092326001, Thats complete BS, If you watch the DVD Extra's you will see they have three kinds of cars for each actual car. One stripped ect for stunts/wrecks, One As is for the rolling/moving scenes, and the stock internal ones for static/regular scenes. The rolling ones are completely built as they appear in the movie - with all the goodies under the hood.

Scotty300z, Top Secrets bodykit is required for the top speed runs the car completes. The stock bodykit doesnt create nearly enough downforce. Once again, Top Secret is one of the top tuners from japan, and everything on this car is there because it has a function.

I'm amazed at the hate in this thread. Its a pretty big bandwagon to jump on. Just because you typecast someone or something as a ricer, doesnt mean they are. I think a few members here need to open they're eyes and realise theres some seriously hardcore good looking aftermaket kits for imports.

Just because a car has a bodykit doesnt make it rice. f*ck.
    Last edited by whiteballz; 06-20-2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    David, Veilside, top secret, Chargespeed, and any number or quality tuners, including RE Amiya spend alot of time getting the kits to look good while increasing the downforce.
    I don't recall saying anything against that...

I was referring to F&F, not the bodykits themselves.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    Effort is the last thing "ricers" are about to put into a car. They just want to get the tricked out ride done as fast as it can be possible done, and thats where the shop down teh road comes in handy...

If your that really enthusiastic kid you'll have the patience to get it done your way, and make your modifications unique to your car.

Just interested, what does everyone define "ricer" as?
    Ricers are fairly easy to define- they don't have any real passion for their cars, they are concerned with looks only, and generally do shoddy work, or flashy, pointless things.

Enthusiast is harder to define- I think anyone who does all their own work qualifies, as long as they care about their vehicle. Even if what they do is not something I like, anyone who spends significant amount of time working on the mechanicals of their vehicle is an enthusiast in my book.

also, people who pay shops to do work for them can be enthusiasts, if their car still means alot to them and they still put alot in to it.

but being a rich guy and and buying any car just for the hell of it does not make you an enthusiast.

So when you look at a completely built rx7, or a v12 supra, its plain to see that somebody put a lot of hard work into the car (Ever tried an engine swap? v12 into a supra? NOT easy) and as far as im concerned that deserves a certain degree of respect

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser View Post
    The cars are all of the nature of the Fast and the Furious - silly looking bolt-on bodyworks that id anything, increase weight and drag.

Sorry david, I got my quotes mixed up, I was meant to direct that at adam - I'll correct that now.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

whiteballz, thanks for bringing sense and knowledge to this thread. I've been trying to say what you just said, but you know alot more about the tuners than I do.

It goes with the territory of owning an import. Im glad someone agrees with my opinion.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

It goes with the territory of owning an import. Im glad someone agrees with my opinion.
    ricer!

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Point out ONE part of my car that counts as rice asshat

Except the hotdog.. that doesnt count.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Point out ONE part of my car that counts as rice asshat

Except the hotdog.. that doesnt count.
    i won't bring up the NOS floor mats then does drift damage count?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i won't bring up the NOS floor mats then does drift damage count?
    Those mats are gone. The amusment and the joke wore off a while ago. Theyre just plain red now.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Sorry david, I got my quotes mixed up, I was meant to direct that at adam - I'll correct that now.
    It's ok, I still <3 you
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

woaaaaah. chill time.

Some cars look fine from the factory, some don't in my opinion. I like the clean lines of a stock RX7 but the 1st gen ones look great with a body kit, touring car look like that pic a few posts up. Some Japanese cars are just timeless designs and can't be improved on, like my Sigma

What has the world come to when the most sensible people on this forum are aussies...

just kidding. best to you guys. it's 2am here and im going to bed

Thread Information