Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SICK RX-7 Front Ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yet another one...
    No, not all these people are ricers with slower than stock cars.

We've all seen the guy driving down the street in a civic or neon half covered in primer, with an oversized muffler and not much else. Well those cars do not go into these magazines.

Pick up a tuner magazine sometime. Go to one of the cars, look at the list of modifications. You'll probably see hi performance tires, larger brakes, upgraded suspension and possibly chassis components, some kind of work to the read and trans, and quite a bit of engine work. Many have full cages too. Stop being an idiot.
    They may have the performance parts, but the car will still have the flashy sh*t like the massive exhaust, etc & this is what sparks all the F & F try-hards out there into getting the body parts and sticking them their cars that they have just because they want to impress someone who then thinks they're a f*cken idiot. They don't seem to take any notice of what performance upgrades, which is what separates ricers and their idol'istic dreams..... They just want to have cars that look like the stuff on the front cover of a magazine that is getting promoted. It's impractical and idiotic... Why waste the money?
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Fd Ftl... Fb Ftw
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    Hey I know there is a number of different ways to convert a Mazda RX-7 frontend and I was just wondering if they are using headlights from other cars or if they are just creating their own lights so they will fit perfect with the fenders & hood. I have pics of a few different RX-7s front ends and the red one looks alot like Porsche headlights?? I know that you can simply take the "pop-up" lights out and replace them with projectors, but these other lights look like there from different cars...anyone know???
    The blue one has smoked 99 spec bumper lights and the head lights are one of the more common kits, but I can't remember which one because flashy kits don't really appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, If anyone wants to put a kit on their FD by all means do it! I like to think every FD with a kit makes the value of my car go up

no aftermarket kit looks better than a clean spirit R or an SP front end.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    They may have the performance parts, but the car will still have the flashy sh*t like the massive exhaust, etc & this is what sparks all the F & F try-hards out there into getting the body parts and sticking them their cars that they have just because they want to impress someone who then thinks they're a f*cken idiot. They don't seem to take any notice of what performance upgrades, which is what separates ricers and their idol'istic dreams..... They just want to have cars that look like the stuff on the front cover of a magazine that is getting promoted. It's impractical and idiotic... Why waste the money?
    Hey I agree about the guys who are just trying to impress and have no real knowledge of cars.

But to me it's not even about how fast a car is, it's about how much effort is put into it. I.E. a kid who works his butt off and puts lots of money into a supra say. If he actually cares about his car and puts that much work into it, there's no reason not to be proud and show it off. Even if the body doesn't appeal to you or me, it may to him, and that's all that matters. and imo a tuner car with a body kit from a good company looks no more overdone than an elise, or a porsche GT3, or a noble. etc. etc.

I'm just saying I wish people would be a little more careful about grouping your typical neonz, exhaust, graphics, stickers, etc. RICERS together with people who are actual enthusiasts with nice cars.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    no aftermarket kit looks better than a clean spirit R or an SP front end.

Too true, they never get old.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Hey I agree about the guys who are just trying to impress and have no real knowledge of cars.

But to me it's not even about how fast a car is, it's about how much effort is put into it. I.E. a kid who works his butt off and puts lots of money into a supra say. If he actually cares about his car and puts that much work into it, there's no reason not to be proud and show it off. Even if the body doesn't appeal to you or me, it may to him, and that's all that matters. and imo a tuner car with a body kit from a good company looks no more overdone than an elise, or a porsche GT3, or a noble. etc. etc.

I'm just saying I wish people would be a little more careful about grouping your typical neonz, exhaust, graphics, stickers, etc. RICERS together with people who are actual enthusiasts with nice cars.
    Effort is the last thing "ricers" are about to put into a car. They just want to get the tricked out ride done as fast as it can be possible done, and thats where the shop down teh road comes in handy...

If your that really enthusiastic kid you'll have the patience to get it done your way, and make your modifications unique to your car.

Just interested, what does everyone define "ricer" as?

Bob once again there is nothing left to say that u havent said so I agree fully wit u...

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    That's an offense to the Sagaris , as all of the pictures in post 1 show grotesque wastage of perfectly good cars (stock RX-7s are nicely proportioned and stylish, unlike all this "Veilside""Top Secret" and "Tokyo Drift" rubbish).
    And too top this whole thread off, you my friend have to be "totally ignorant" and "stupid" to say that "Top Secret" is rubbish...please let me put some knowledge in that brain of yours and tell you that Top Secret is a very well known and puts out all kinds of FAST cars...now you can look up the video and the other cars on your own time but here is just one of their projects...

Top Secret V12 Supra...and yes the V12 is from a Japanese car also...

I would like you guys to tell me this is a RICER...haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Oo____oO GT-R

Bob once again there is nothing left to say that u havent said so I agree fully wit u...

And too top this whole thread off, you my friend have to be "totally ignorant" and "stupid" to say that "Top Secret" is rubbish...please let me put some knowledge in that brain of yours and tell you that Top Secret is a very well known and puts out all kinds of FAST cars...now you can look up the video and the other cars on your own time but here is just one of their projects...

Top Secret V12 Supra...and yes the V12 is from a Japanese car also...

I would like you guys to tell me this is a RICER...haha
    It's a ricer.... You asked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    It's a ricer.... You asked for it.
    umm...ur 15years old correct??? shouldn't you be riding your bike to the bus stop in the mornings...You don't know what your talking bout, and you wont till you actually see a Japanese car( or what you think a ricer is) in action....When u go out and finally experience how fast some cars are, you will then realize that there is a world out there, that has many cars and alot of ppl like you no nothing about them...

I look down on you....
    Oo____oO GT-R

Alright people, let's calm down a little.

UCP is well known for its general anti-ricer attitude, so CamNismo, you're not gonna win. I'm not going to take any side, but I'm just advising you not to waste your time debating the good sides of tuned Japanese rides. They are mostly hated here.

That being said, I like that V12 Supra.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

ok...

why do u even have an Asian car thread then???
    Last edited by CamNismo; 06-20-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Oo____oO GT-R

Is this guy for real???
    May the downforce be with you

umm...ur 15years old correct??? shouldn't you be riding your bike to the bus stop in the mornings...You don't know what your talking bout, and you wont till you actually see a Japanese car( or what you think a ricer is) in action....When u go out and finally experience how fast some cars are, you will then realize that there is a world out there, that has many cars and alot of ppl like you no nothing about them...

I look down on you....
    My friend, you have a lot to learn about humor and that was what I was talking about, and therefore obviously know more about it than you..

Though that V12 Supra sounds very interesting

We have ricers aplenty in NZ, and I sure know what they look like. They look like wannabe racing cars for the streets with after market parts and silly decals everywhere..

"How fast some cars are" yet you don't have a car.

Now I look down on you. And realize that theres a world full of idiots like you.

I do ride my bike to the bus stop actually... It's called exercise

Most of the aero parts on these cars do absolutely nothing for performance. So even the people who put effort (yes even that top secret supra) and the ricers are still making their cars look like that for the same reasons.
    You can call me scott.

Thread Information