Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SICK RX-7 Front Ends?

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    umm...ur 15years old correct??? shouldn't you be riding your bike to the bus stop in the mornings...You don't know what your talking bout, and you wont till you actually see a Japanese car( or what you think a ricer is) in action....When u go out and finally experience how fast some cars are, you will then realize that there is a world out there, that has many cars and alot of ppl like you no nothing about them...

I look down on you....
    Whoa there homeboy.

I'm not trying to be a total jerk-off here, but you aren't the Japanese expert yourself either.

Please, I urge you, work on the grammar first. Then we will start respecting you.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    So when you look at a completely built rx7, or a v12 supra, its plain to see that somebody put a lot of hard work into the car (Ever tried an engine swap? v12 into a supra? NOT easy) and as far as im concerned that deserves a certain degree of respect
    Deserves a fairly large amount of respect, the V12 definatly receives my complements. I was just having a laugh, the guy even asked for somebody to call it a ricer.. Had to live up to his expectations.

And when it comes to ricing, if its overcooked it don't taste too good
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    Scotty300z, Top Secrets bodykit is required for the top speed runs the car completes. The stock bodykit doesnt create nearly enough downforce.
    Since when do top speed cars need downforce?
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Personally I don't think all bodykits = rice but there is a problem when they become the focus of the car. That just doesn't seem like real car enthusiasm to me.

And often times car enthusiasts can fall into that trap even if they build their cars up nicely in other areas and non-car enthusiasts can get lucky and make the right choices. So while I get the argument that rice depends on the person and if they are truly an enthusiast it doesn't always determine if the car is rice.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Scotty300z, Top Secrets bodykit is required for the top speed runs the car completes. The stock bodykit doesnt create nearly enough downforce. Once again, Top Secret is one of the top tuners from japan, and everything on this car is there because it has a function.
    I think it's easy to see that the particular top secret car is made to gain attention. That is why it is painted that color, has that body kit, and even has that engine. Yes the engine is great and makes the car that more special but if they were making a true top speed car they could have gotten plenty of power from the 2jz just like other tuners have. So the body kit in question is most likely there for show and thats it.

Granted that is just my guess, but I think I have good enough reasons.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    ok...

why do u even have an Asian car thread then???
    For Asian cars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    What has the world come to when the most sensible people on this forum are aussies...

just kidding. best to you guys. it's 2am here and im going to bed
    I hope you don't think I'm sensible cause I'm not an Aussie!

Never thought I would cause so much controversy !

I agree, I have the upmost respect for tuners - at the end of the day, they are there to make money and they do it very well. I personally just dont agree with the way they do things, it is a very certain culture that will like their style, and I am not part of that.

I appreciate engineering - A bare engine block fascinates me - I just dont like bodykits.

Whiteballz - Surely the factory with their multi-million pound testing facilities already have the technology to get a decent drag coefficient and proper downforce as the cars are - It's known for a fact that Subaru anyway do this with cars that are tuned.... and the stock body can withstand it.

And not once did I call anything in this thread rice - The V12 Supra, engineering wise, is a work of art.

Sorry if i upset anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser View Post
    Never thought I would cause so much controversy !
    You're even causing more controversy then me...

Damn.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well when I first posted this I did not think it would get out of hand like this. I asked a simple question about the RX-7 front ends and I really didn't even show that much like for or bias toward the car itself, just more about interest or curiousity about the conversion. Then ppl who think every car with a bodykit, conversion, wing, or from Japan, blew it out of proportion and brought up F&F which most ppl relate with ricers.

So I'm not gonna argue anymore bout this, cause its gonna go no-where and I would like to AGREE with Whiteballs & Bobs opinions about the topic & the other few who actually answered the question that I ask about the front end conversions. thanks....

I guess next time I will just put RX7 question & hopefully I dont get any more anti-rice campaigns from some of you when I never brought up anything about rice in the first place.
    Oo____oO GT-R

You can do bodykits and such on cars and not have it get out of hand.
    Such as an Abt kit on an Audi...

They might just be shaped to look like those cars? I don't know... I like it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You're even causing more controversy then me...

Damn.
    Maybe i should just shut up and do what I did for 6 months - leave!

Whiteballz - Surely the factory with their multi-million pound testing facilities already have the technology to get a decent drag coefficient and proper downforce as the cars are - It's known for a fact that Subaru anyway do this with cars that are tuned.... and the stock body can withstand it.
    Sure but the original designers have many more considerations than just downforce and drag. Consider tooling costs- complex shapes are more expensive to create and assemble. And aggressive shapes also could lead to reduced sales, even with a sportscar like the rx-7. And there are safety regs, and many other factors that go into it.

Which is why it's almost always possible to greatly improve on stock aerodynamics

Maybe i should just shut up and do what I did for 6 months - leave!
    Don't.

I need someone to help me with controversy...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information