Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > Automotive forums > Racing forums


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Homem de Gelo's Avatar
Homem de Gelo Homem de Gelo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,018
Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Homem de Gelo
Race Tracks.

What are you favourite race tracks?

The ones I like the most are Suzuka, Spa and Adelaide.

Suzuka --> http://www.f1db.com/image/original/c...1/19871101.jpg

Spa --> http://www.f1db.com/image/large/circ...8/20020901.jpg

Adelaide --> http://www.f1db.com/image/original/c...3/19851103.jpg

And here I attatched 2 races tracks I created myself, using only a mechanic pencil, an eraser and a ruler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foto érico.jpg (54.0 KB, 51 views)
__________________
Would it be possible, to play forever?
The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2003, 11:09 PM
piledriver's Avatar
piledriver piledriver is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 339
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to piledriver
I Love the fastest ones...
Like the old Hockenheim, Monza,
Spa, with its Eau Rouge....
and the Autodromo Internacional de Curitiba, located in the city I live...
Here comes a photo of the track...
__________________
I Love These Races!!!
www.insideracing.com.br
The 56th member of this Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-27-2003, 01:48 AM
Kudosdude Kudosdude is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 222
Location: UK Plymouth
Sorry Arcanjo - but I'm a bit too lazy to draw my own

There are some smaller pretty good video laps recorded by Radical motorsport here you'll have to right click and "savetargetas" but they are worth downloading. Have a browse at their website while your at it. It's pretty good.

They are small uk tracks by the way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2003, 06:32 AM
piledriver's Avatar
piledriver piledriver is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 339
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to piledriver
I´ve designed a road race track in the Curitiba´s Downtown, and, when I find it , I show it here for you... I think it´s a nice track, with some good straights and so...
__________________
I Love These Races!!!
www.insideracing.com.br
The 56th member of this Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Rob's Avatar
Rob Rob is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 124
Delft, The Netherlands
I like the LeMans circuit, it's fast, it has some nice corners, it's long (13.9 km) and it's open road most time of the year.
It also is one of the view legendary road circuits which is still in use, together with Spa and Monaco.



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Homem de Gelo's Avatar
Homem de Gelo Homem de Gelo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,018
Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Homem de Gelo
I scanned a new track.
Do you think Tilke would like it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg circuito2.jpg (29.4 KB, 36 views)
__________________
Would it be possible, to play forever?
The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2003, 04:12 AM
piledriver's Avatar
piledriver piledriver is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 339
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to piledriver
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcanjo
I scanned a new track.
Do you think Tilke would like it?
Let´s use some portuguese...
Você poderia ligar o hairpin do final da reta dos boxes naquela curva próxima e fazer como se fosse um anel externo...
acho que ficaria legar o traçado, além de ter um terceiro traçado...

later, if I would, I translate to english...
__________________
I Love These Races!!!
www.insideracing.com.br
The 56th member of this Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-03-2003, 04:13 AM
piledriver's Avatar
piledriver piledriver is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 339
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to piledriver
Hey Arcanjo, what scale do you used in each design??
Do you know what´s the aproximate lenght of each one?
__________________
I Love These Races!!!
www.insideracing.com.br
The 56th member of this Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-24-2003, 12:19 PM
motorhead motorhead is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,566
Location: Singapore
LOVE SEBRING
Attached Images
File Type: gif sebring.gif (43.0 KB, 22 views)
__________________
BAZOOKA EXHAUST
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-24-2003, 12:21 PM
motorhead motorhead is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,566
Location: Singapore
and monaco
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monaco.jpg (85.7 KB, 21 views)
__________________
BAZOOKA EXHAUST
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-25-2003, 10:06 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,312
Rozenburg, Holland
Favourites:Spa, Old Nuerburgring, Road America.
the tracks drawn by Arcanjo look a bit sterile, (of course there is no visible in road levels, making the track look completely flat), a track should be both ondulating, wide and swinging, with some straight parts to really overhaul on the basis of speed. Chicanes should be avoided at all costs.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Homem de Gelo's Avatar
Homem de Gelo Homem de Gelo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,018
Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Homem de Gelo
Quote:
Originally posted by henk4
Favourites:Spa, Old Nuerburgring, Road America.
the tracks drawn by Arcanjo look a bit sterile, (of course there is no visible in road levels, making the track look completely flat), a track should be both ondulating, wide and swinging, with some straight parts to really overhaul on the basis of speed. Chicanes should be avoided at all costs.
Chincanes aren't that bad. They bring some variety and demand some technique in order to be cornered as fast as possible. One chincane that I like is the one at Suzuka, before the start finish straight.

But there can be good tracks without elevations changes, for example, Silverstone. Compared to Interlagos or Spa, its quite flat.

Quote:
Originally posted by piledriver
Hey Arcanjo, what scale do you used in each design??
Do you know what´s the aproximate lenght of each one?
The scanner I used blew things out of proportion, but when I was drawing, the scale was 8 milimetres = 100 metres. One the first image I attached, the track above is intended to be around 4.5 km long, while the other track is intended to be almost 6 km long.

On the second image I atatched, the track is intended to be around 5.7 km long.
__________________
Would it be possible, to play forever?
The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-25-2003, 12:36 PM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,312
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcanjo
[B]Chincanes aren't that bad. They bring some variety and demand some technique in order to be cornered as fast as possible. One chincane that I like is the one at Suzuka, before the start finish straight.

But there can be good tracks without elevations changes, for example, Silverstone. Compared to Interlagos or Spa, its quite flat.
If I remember correctly the Suzuka chicane has always been there, (the track was designed by Hans Hugenholtz, a Dutchman who was also responsible for the lay-out of the original Zandvoort track. His son was this a pilot in the Sypker at LeMans )
but I was more referring to the artificial contraptions like the ones in Monza, Hockenheim or the busstop at Spa which were put there only to reduce speed. The famous slipstream races in Monza therefore became a thing of the past. Silverstone was tamed by the introduction of the complex before the finish, but it still indeed is an interesting track.

Is it techically possible to include a third dimension in your desings?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-25-2003, 01:05 PM
motorhead motorhead is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,566
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally posted by henk4
If I remember correctly the Suzuka chicane has always been there, (the track was designed by Hans Hugenholtz, a Dutchman who was also responsible for the lay-out of the original Zandvoort track. His son was this a pilot in the Sypker at LeMans )
but I was more referring to the artificial contraptions like the ones in Monza, Hockenheim or the busstop at Spa which were put there only to reduce speed. The famous slipstream races in Monza therefore became a thing of the past. Silverstone was tamed by the introduction of the complex before the finish, but it still indeed is an interesting track.

Is it techically possible to include a third dimension in your desings?
a track which has a damn dangerous but nice chicane is SAN MARINO - its dangerous because its taken at very high speed and the car may spin out and you will end up in the wall
__________________
BAZOOKA EXHAUST
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Homem de Gelo's Avatar
Homem de Gelo Homem de Gelo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,018
Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Homem de Gelo
Quote:
Originally posted by henk4
Is it techically possible to include a third dimension in your desings?
Nops.
I'm not that good.
__________________
Would it be possible, to play forever?
The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best performance in a F1 race MP4/4Fan Racing forums 27 09-30-2008 10:08 PM
New Toyota Race Engine more-boost1555 Racing forums 2 09-12-2003 10:13 AM
Austrian GP qualifying and race comments: Homem de Gelo Racing forums 6 05-20-2003 07:56 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 PM.

 

© 1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com