Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
I still hold on to the fact that Halo 3 won't be game of the year. That title SHOULD go to Bioshock, or Crysis (although its not released yet, I've been following its progress from day 1). Heck, there's even COD4 and Unreal Tournament 3 this year. I still struggle to see what the attraction is with halo. Halo was a good game for its time but since then its never really evolved. Halo 2 was confusing as hell. Every level was the same. Halo 3 is supposed to improve on that, but the storymode is supposed to last only 5 or 6 hours. Maybe the attraction for halo is that its one of the only decent console online games. Most likely the same reason its no big deal when it comes out on PC.
Thats why Microsoft never made a big deal of Halo going to pc - Bungie did, mostly because they got to throw in some new stuff. Halo games thrive on the multiplayer action of sitting next to your friend, blowing his head off, and 20 minutes later laughing at him about it as you get chips and soda. It's a console game at heart (at least now, it was originally going to be a game for Macs), and the game is designed for that.

Halo 2 was complicated? I agree, mostly because I loved Halo 1's simplicity, while still allowing cool things to be done of all sorts. I was never a huge fan of Halo 2, but supposedly the game play (coming from a friend who participated in the beta) is more like Halo 1 than Halo 2. Well, in an hour we shall see (some of us at least).

Where did you hear about the story mode being that short, by the way? I don't believe that yet, considering Halo 1's story mode was nearly 10 hours, Halo 2's about the same, and there are so many loose ends of plot to tie up....that would be insane if they could pull it off in a 5-6 hour game though.