Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1:18 supercar collection

1:18 supercar collection

Hi

Just took some new pictures of my display this morning, and thought I would show UCP my collection. This is my hobby, collecting these cars and photographing them has became my form of art. Most of my collection are UT Models and Maisto, I prefer budget models, but I've some AutoArt and Kyosho also. In total I've 86 models, all 1:18.

Any questions, I would be happy to answer them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also if anyone wants pictures of individual model, let me know.

My 1:18 photoshoots + 1:1 automotive photography: 118supercars's photos and albums on webshots
    Last edited by Lotec_Sirius; 07-17-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Lastly, entire display + bonus pictures of my favorite shelf

This is a superb collection. There wasn't a car missing. But how many cars do you have and what does is cost to buy one from a store or online?
    Last edited by 250gto boy; 07-17-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 250gto boy View Post
    This is a superb collection. There wasn't a car missing. But how many cars do you have and what does is cost to buy one from a store or online?
    Why thank you! I've 86 cars. There are no stores that sell 1:18 diecasts in my current city (Chicago, USA) so I've to buy all of them online. A brand new 1:18 can be anywhere from $20 to over $400, depending on what manufacturer makes. I buy almost all my models secondhand from other private collectors, and do a lot of trading, which saves me a lot of money. The average I spend on one model, not including shipping, is $25.55. Some more, some less.

Quote Originally Posted by 250gto boy View Post
    Yes there is. Where are the Veyrons?
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Lotec_Sirius View Post
    Why thank you! I've 86 cars. There are no stores that sell 1:18 diecasts in my current city (Chicago, USA) so I've to buy all of them online. A brand new 1:18 can be anywhere from $20 to over $400, depending on what manufacturer makes. I buy almost all my models secondhand from other private collectors, and do a lot of trading, which saves me a lot of money. The average I spend on one model, not including shipping, is $25.55. Some more, some less.
    I already see a few cars in your collection that would easily command a lot of money if sold today, so buying secondhand and trading does indeed save a lot of money. An average of $25.55 per model seems like a bargain considering what you have in your collection .
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Nice collection! As someone with similar habits let me suggest finding a large glass display case... dusting is a pain.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Yes there is. Where are the Veyrons?
    Both Veyron and CCX models cost a lot of money, as with most models made by AutoArt, about $200 USD, but they very high on my wishlist. Before I get them though, I have been trying to find UT Models McLaren F1 LM and Ottomobile Venturi 400 GT, which are #1 and #2 on my wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    I already see a few cars in your collection that would easily command a lot of money if sold today, so buying secondhand and trading does indeed save a lot of money. An average of $25.55 per model seems like a bargain considering what you have in your collection .
    Thanks! I keep my collection catalogued on a program made by a member of a diecast forum I frequent, so $25.55 is actually the exact average. The most money I've ever spent on one model is about $120 on my Ferrari 512 TR.

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Nice collection! As someone with similar habits let me suggest finding a large glass display case... dusting is a pain.
    Thank you. I actually used to have a glass display case but sold it, dusting once a week isn't hassle for me. My current display lets me see them from a 360 angle, both front and back, which I like.

Wow great collection
    Which car is your favorite?

Wow. Awesome, and very up to date. Love the One-77, Fezza 575 Superamerica and TVR Sagaris.
    All about the t-tops

Nice collection!

Did you thought about investing in a glass (closed) closet or display? Dust is your worst enemy.

That and lack of space made me sell all my 1:18's (I had Ferrari's first, then muscle cars only).

EDIT : I should read first !

Very nice.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thank all you very much for your nice comments!

Markpaul, my favorite models are my Bugatti Chiron, Hispano Suiza HS21-GTS, Lotec Sirius, and Ferrari 575 GTZ. Also, the ones TVR IS KING mentioned. The 575 Zagato especially because my mother gifted it to me from her trip to Rome without having any idea of what it was or how much I wanted one.

Thread Information