Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 03-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Legendary

Euroland
Send a message via MSN to McLareN
Carrozzeria Castagna Imperial Landaulet 2006

Imperial Landaulet Concept
Geneva Motor Show 2006

Inspired by one of the most famous models invented by Castagna in the Thirties, the Imperial Landaulet is a modern revisitation of a vehicle that has set itself the ambitious target of creating an intelligent mix, the perfect balance between elegance and sportiness.

The bodywork covers the mechanical parts of this four-wheel drive vehicle with adjustable ground clearance and fitted with a dual compression engine with an output of approximately 800hp, it’s a new kind of luxury that allows you to travel anywhere in any kind of weather.

The design of the chassis respects the importance of the mechanics and is dedicated to Castagna’s most noteworthy creations that made him become famous in the Crazy Years: the Isotta Fraschini.

Its almost 6 metres of length have been “dressed” in an angular and slightly retro body that is something between a coupé and an MPV. It has numerous edges, surfaces and components that allow total customisation and colouration of its plumage. The interior of the passenger cab is easily accessible through the two doors that open like a book and have no central column: a running board appears automatically, acting as a footrest. The vehicle’s height (163cm) and its ground clearance make access to the vehicle both easy and ergonomic: one does not feel as if one has to “climb” in or out of this vehicle.

All items and luggage find a suitable space in the boot compartment, which opens completely thanks to an hydraulic articulation (like Antonov’s front style) and in the (temperature-controlled) central bulkhead compartment located between the engine compartment and the passenger cab. As in the period examples, in the Imperial Landaulet the back part of the glassed roof slides backwards, leaving the rear seats open to the elements.

The powerful dual xenon front headlights are height-adjustable from inside the vehicle and are complemented by led parking lights, turning indicator lights and fog lights: just like those at the rear. Both the front and rear bumpers are equipped with dynamic air scoops, in carbon fibre, to properly manage aerodynamic airflow and provide cooling for the components.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Castagna Imperial Landaulet_001.jpg (574.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Castagna Imperial Landaulet_002.JPG (581.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Castagna Imperial Landaulet_003.JPG (519.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Castagna Imperial Landaulet_004.JPG (573.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Castagna Imperial Landaulet_005.JPG (593.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 03-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

UK
Send a message via MSN to Vaigra
Is this that Porsche-based Rolls-Royce look-a-like? It doesn't mention anything about Porsche there but I'm sure I've read it somewhere else.

Being nice since 2007.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast

Eindhoven
Send a message via MSN to jorismo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaigra
Is this that Porsche-based Rolls-Royce look-a-like? It doesn't mention anything about Porsche there but I'm sure I've read it somewhere else.
I heared something about that too... It is very good possible that it is this car I guess.

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One
Old 03-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Novice

Looks like....

a Rolls Royce ate a Nissan Murano.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
undoubtedly the most ugly new car on the Geneva show, and the pics shown are giving it more credit than it deserves, the sections in the lighter colour on these pics, were brown on the show car.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:47 AM
The Special One

Porto - Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
undoubtedly the most ugly new car on the Geneva show, and the pics shown are giving it more credit than it deserves, the sections in the lighter colour on these pics, were brown on the show car.
Sure that where you write us from, this could be considered gorgeous.
How's no-man's land?
Old 03-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis
Sure that where you write us from, this could be considered gorgeous.
How's no-man's land?
no new cars are on sale here...
Old 03-22-2006, 09:09 AM

Guatemala City
what the hell is that a RR hatchback!
________
Infants Depakote

Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast

Astoria, New York
Send a message via AIM to dracu777 Send a message via MSN to dracu777 Send a message via Yahoo to dracu777
I like the way the tail lights flow off the rear fenders and into the exhaust.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Enthusiast

Porto - Portugal
Ugggly...

And are there pics of a real one?
Old 03-23-2006, 01:59 AM

Spain
Fantastic.
Thanks Mclaren
Old 03-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Size Queen

Wichita, Kansas USA
Send a message via ICQ to Matt Send a message via AIM to Matt Send a message via MSN to Matt Send a message via Yahoo to Matt
I actually quite like the styling and the whole concept of the vehicle. It's unique, unusual, powerful, practical and exclusive - everything a car should be.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
I actually quite like the styling and the whole concept of the vehicle. It's unique, unusual, powerful, practical and exclusive - everything a car should be.
but you did not see it with your own eyes
Old 03-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Enthusiast

The Pontiac Aztek of Roll Royces. You can have all the best features but if it's wrapped in a in such a look, first impressions are going to scare many away.