Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 02-02-2007, 07:05 AM

Spain
Suzuki Splash Concept 2006

2006 Splash Concept
Debut Paris Mondial de L'Automobile

Fun to drive and fun to use: a car for everybody

An exciting Suzuki project to follow the new Swift, Grand Vitara, and SX4 is now under way. Named "Project Splash" to signify a new sensation, it's making its debut in "clinic model" form-the first tangible step toward a production model-at the 2006 Paris Mondial de l'Automobile.

Based on the concept of a car for everybody in the family, Project Splash is a multipurpose vehicle intended to deliver satisfaction to all customers regardless of lifestyle, age, and gender in driving situations ranging from relatively short shopping trips to cross-country excursions.

* Superlative driveability

* Comfortable cabin

* Contemporary interior design

Project Splash represents an unprecedented set of automotive values.

A platform shared with the new Swift means Project Splash combines Swift-derived performance with the driveability for which Suzuki is renowned. Driving is accordingly enjoyable around town and over longer distances.

A relatively tall body affords ample occupant comfort within manageable exterior dimensions. It incorporates a panoramic glass roof that creates an airy feeling in the cabin.

The cabin has a contemporary design that's based on gentle curves. Its equipment includes an innovative multi-display that aids the driver regardless of whether he or she is a relative novice or someone who relishes a more involving driving experience.

Exterior

The exterior design of Project Splash embodies the energy, youthfulness, and delight suggested by a splash of water. Sharp lines, bold contours, and chrome accents give the body a sporty, emotionally appealing look.

Seen from the front, Project Splash has a strong-looking 'face' incorporating long, slim, slanting light-emitting-diode (LED) headlights and a large grille. The panoramic glass roof, which realizes a roomy, open-looking cabin area, is also visible.

The side view is distinguished by floating-look chrome A-pillar covers and by chrome side mouldings that complement emotionally appealing body contours. The side mirrors each incorporate a turn-signal lamp and a rear-view camera. And a stable, sporty stance is realized by positioning of the wheels and flared fenders in the extreme corners of the body.

A dynamic, rounded rear-end design incorporates LED rear combination lamps and integrated dual exhaust tailpipes.

Interior

The interior design reflects a focus on enjoyment and ease of use.

At the front of the cabin, the driver's area offers practical, visual, and tactile benefits: A single, high-legibility meter in a blue-coloured, floating-look instrument panel incorporates a speedometer and an information display showing the shift position, a fuel gauge, a clock, an odometer, a tripmeter, the average fuel consumption, and the driving range on remaining fuel. A large, central multi-display gives navigation, side-rear-view, audio, and climate-control indications. The gearshift control has an intuitively usable ball-shaped, instrument-panel-mounted design. And a leather-wrapped steering wheel incorporates controls for audio and display functions.

The entire cabin is distinguished by a blue-based colour scheme. The driver and passengers enjoy a sense of openness thanks to the panoramic glass roof. And they enjoy comfort on short and long journeys alike thanks to contemporary, refined, leather-upholstered seats that offer superior support.

Safety

To help the driver avoid hazards, Project Splash has a range of active-safety technologies including an anti-lock braking system, an Electronic Stability Program, and large front and rear ventilated disc brakes. And in case of an unavoidable collision, it incorporates a collapsible steering column, foot-protection-design brake and clutch pedals, front-seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters, energy-absorbing trim, and front, front-side, and curtain airbags, all combined with a crashworthy body structure.

Specifications

Vehicle type:

Concept car

Powertrain layout:

Front engine, front-wheel drive (two-wheel drive)

Seating capacity:

Five persons

Tyres:

215/45R18

Wheels:

18-inch, five-spoke, aluminium-alloy

Engine:

Newly developed 1.2L, 16-valve, four-cylinder

Transmission:

Four-speed automatic

Overall length:

3,780mm

Overall width:

1,780mm

Overall height:

1,650mm

Wheelbase:

2,360mm

Body colour:

Lagoon Blue Pearl Metallic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_33.jpg (887.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_35.jpg (806.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_34.jpg (971.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_43.jpg (612.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_36.jpg (663.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_37.jpg (900.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-02-2007, 07:07 AM

Spain
Splash Concept #2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_39.jpg (806.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_40.jpg (798.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_41.jpg (651.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_38.jpg (635.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2006-Splash-Concept_42.jpg (318.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
Why are those bulletins allways full of crap

Quote:
Based on the concept of a car for everybody in the family, Project Splash is a multipurpose vehicle intended to deliver satisfaction to all customers regardless of lifestyle, age, and gender in driving situations ranging from relatively short shopping trips to cross-country excursions.
Just say it simple : Its a car intended for everyone and almost every situation.

Back ontopic, I do like this little car, its funky.
Maybe it could replace the old Alto.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
I don't think Europeans like 4-speed autos...

Other than that it's not bad looking, but I doubt the production version will have more charm than a Fiat Panda or be as clever as a Toyota Aygo.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Rookie

Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer
I don't think Europeans like 4-speed autos...

Other than that it's not bad looking, but I doubt the production version will have more charm than a Fiat Panda or be as clever as a Toyota Aygo.
Don't forget the new Fiat 500 that, if it drives as well as it looks, will be the segment buster... Fiat has lots of problems but they know how to make fun and excellent value small cars...
Old 02-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchanhle
Don't forget the new Fiat 500 that, if it drives as well as it looks, will be the segment buster... Fiat has lots of problems but they know how to make fun and excellent value small cars...
I believe the Fiat 500 will be the next big thing in the A-segment. Fiat has had a lot of problems, but they are getting back with hits like the Panda and the Grande Punto. Let's see if with the Bravo the have anothe big seller.

I'm personally looking forward to the 500 Abarth with the 900cc turbocharged engine and 110bhp.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Gtek-i
I like it...looks very futuristic and not a bit smart carish