Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 06-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
Volkswagen Tiguan (1st Gen) 2007-2015

VOLKSWAGEN UNVEILS NEW TIGUAN COMPACT 4X4 MODEL

Strictly embargoed until 29 June 2007

Volkswagen has revealed the first images of its Tiguan, the new compact 4x4 which will go on sale in the UK in February 2008, following its world public debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September. Concept Tiguan made its debut at the Los Angeles Motor Show last year.

Slightly larger than the Volkswagen Touran compact MPV, the Tiguan is 4.4 m long, 1.8 m wide and 1.6 m in height. It has a purposeful appearance which reinforces its strong links to its ‘big brother’, the Touareg, with raised suspension, large tyres and true 4x4 styling cues.

In the UK, the Tiguan will initially be available with two engines – a 2.0-litre 140 PS TDI diesel which is likely to be the most popular model, and a 1.4-litre 150 PS TSI petrol unit. Later in 2008 a 170 PS TDI and two further petrol engines will become available to order. Both diesel engines meet the stringent Euro 5 emissions standard that comes into effect in 2009.

S, SE and Sport models will be offered at launch, all with 4MOTION four-wheel drive and an 18 degree angle of approach, a figure that defines the size of obstruction the vehicle can drive over. Customers requiring additional off-road capability can choose a 28 degree angle of approach front end. This model comes with a radiator protection grille, underbody protection, hill descent control and a compass.

Tiguan Concept
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volkswagen Tiguan 2007 04.jpg (445.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Volkswagen Tiguan 2007 02.jpg (368.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Volkswagen Tiguan 2007 01.jpg (493.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Volkswagen Tiguan 2007 03.jpg (466.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Cotterik
VW is certainly broadening its production line. I cant doubt them though. My dad's just ordered the new Golf GT-Sport because their build quality is just so damn good that it wouldnt make sense to go for anyone else. I'd guess people will have the same outlook when comparing this to an X3.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Street_Dreamer
This is a very nice car, especially the back, which i really like. This is much, much nicer than the sinfully ugly BMW X3, and i think this could be a success, though there are going to be more cars coming to this marketplace to compete with as well as those already in this crowded sector, with a Q5 and GLK coming.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:20 AM
The Special One

Porto - Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
My dad's just ordered the new Golf GT-Sport because their build quality is just so damn good that it wouldnt make sense to go for anyone else.
While they do have good build quality, their reliability hasn't been up to their reputation anymore. Is the GT Sport the 1.4 one with compressor and turbo? That thing loves to drink, but appart from that, sounds good.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Enthusiast

Loughborough, GB
Quote:
VW is certainly broadening its production line. I cant doubt them though. My dad's just ordered the new Golf GT-Sport because their build quality is just so damn good that it wouldnt make sense to go for anyone else. I'd guess people will have the same outlook when comparing this to an X3.
Clearly you've never met anyone who deals with warranty claims at VW then.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Well it's another stupid SUV. 'Nuff said, I think.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
This looks fairly good, although I can see that a lot of SUV haters will bash it.

It does look better than the X3, although I can see that Audi and Porsche might use the platform for their own cars. Audi QX5 and Porsche ?????? perhaps?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Furniture

Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
This looks fairly good, although I can see that a lot of SUV haters will bash it.

It does look better than the X3, although I can see that Audi and Porsche might use the platform for their own cars. Audi QX5 and Porsche ?????? perhaps?
Porsche has denied rumours of a smaller SUV below the Cayenne.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-...ambitions.html
Old 06-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
That's good. Whew.

Is the Tiguan coming to the States, by the way?

The Audi QX5 is happening though, right?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Fanatic

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Am I the only one not liking it ? To me it looks quite conservative and boring to be honest. VW has had a lot of criticism for this kind of thing in a very quickly evolving market. Perhaps since they are the only one like this at the time, it might sell though...
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Toronto
I quite like the look of this, and the interior is nice looking too. And to make it even better, it comes in manual; although I suspect VW wouldn't sell it with a manual in North America.

And on the reliability thing, the newer ones are pretty terrible. My friend's dad's Mk. IV Golf needed a brand-new engine within 2 years. It must've been faulty from the factory, but it was absolute garbage.

Another friend of mine, his sister and mom both had diesel VWs (Mk. IV Golf, New Beetle) and said that they were in the shop for repairs as much as they were out on the road.

Third anecdote, I went to test drive a Jetta with a friend, so I suggested a pre-owned Mk. IV Jetta. We took out an automatic model, and the thing stalled during the test drive. Automatic, and the engine just seized halfway through a left-hand turn, and we had to roll down the hill into the dealership. It seems to be all the Mk. IV era VWs, absolute garbage... not sure about the newest line up though.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Cotterik
Quote:
Originally Posted by McReis View Post
While they do have good build quality, their reliability hasn't been up to their reputation anymore. Is the GT Sport the 1.4 one with compressor and turbo? That thing loves to drink, but appart from that, sounds good.
nah its the 2.0 TDI 170PS

he has a 2.0 TDI 140PS previously and got 50MPG average.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Deerfield Beach, Florida
Send a message via MSN to Niko_Fx
Quote:
I do hope you get a good one, because all that my family and friends have ever gotten from VW is unreliability at its max.

As for this new SUV, I think it's quite ugly.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Enthusiast

USA
Send a message via ICQ to Lets Gekiga In Send a message via AIM to Lets Gekiga In Send a message via MSN to Lets Gekiga In Send a message via Yahoo to Lets Gekiga In
I really do like this vehicle a lot. Whenever newer pics come out, please be sure to post them!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Back to black

Delft
Send a message via ICQ to Duell
Volkswagen Tiguan #2

That's all I could find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 260907vw.jpg (382.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 280607-c-vw.jpg (466.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0761.jpg (646.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0765.jpg (668.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg VW_1603.jpg (399.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg VW_1604.jpg (329.3 KB, 12 views)