Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia's ugliest car

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well some panel beaters, mechanics etc would be able to flare out the guards by pulling them out, whilst some body shops will fix up some fibreglass bits to glue or screw on around the guards like part of a bodykit, doesnt have to be A9X style though
    a9x style involes a hacksaw and rivets.....

Butif you go to new gel theymight have something blue...

I always seem to come in late with my comments on the threads but to put my 2 bob in Id have to say the "R" and "S" series Valiant are perhaps unique, but I dont find them ugly at all(although in there day they were regarded as unattractive), but they are worth quite a bit of money now and they were more powerfull than there counterpart Ford and Holden vehicles at the time. They are an exact copy of the American Dodge, although on the American version the fins were the actual brake lights, in the Aussie version they covered up the tip of the fin and put the brake and indicator lights lower down. The p76 gets my vote, along with the HD holden and the latest magna has to be put up there, not to mention the saggy arse end of the "AU" Falc.

The AU wasnt too bad...the cartoony VZ SS is pretty goofy looking IMHO not bad from the front or the back but from a profile with badges on the doors and fake break vents looks like a design a kid drew in his school book.

the series 1 AU Forte and Futura ruined it for the rest of them IMO, the rest of the series 1's and Series 2 onwards were pretty good. best thing to do is stick a spoiler on that arse though
    I am the Stig

TE50 looks good, kinda
    The Datto will rage again...

Theres a blue one down the road from my work,has the 5.6 and really big aftermarket wheels,looks fantastic
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    The AU wasnt too bad...the cartoony VZ SS is pretty goofy looking IMHO not bad from the front or the back but from a profile with badges on the doors and fake break vents looks like a design a kid drew in his school book.
    The vents work they keep the mudflaps cool

the T3's i think would be everyones pick of the AU's, its too bad i guess the philosophy behind them didnt carry through to the BA FPV's
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    The VZ has nothing on the AU for sheer ugliness. I'll admit the VZ isn't as good looking as it should be, but like the 1-series, it looks a lot better in the metal I reckon. The only thing the AU has got going for it design-wise is design purity. It's ugly, but the designer's made sure it was ugly all over, no half-assed stuff goin on there.

the AU wasnt all THAT bad.....i personally wouldnt have any gripes about owning and driving one around
    I am the Stig

yeh, id love an AUIII falcon. i nearly convinced dad buy a S pack AU before we bought the magna.
    The Datto will rage again...

the big difference was the bigger wheels and lower ride height for the AU2 IMO
    I am the Stig

I reckon those 5,6 tickfords will be wortha fair penny in a few years,not many made,last of the Windsors and it looks great

This is the way I see it:

The AU is an incredibly ugly bit of kit, but was the only thing available to the Ford fans, so they became more and more forgiving until some poor deluded specimens fooled themselves it was good looking. Nowadays the AU's are so cheap people don;t care what they look like, only what they're getting.

sorry but in my mind australian cars aren't all that every tvr beats them all.no other car has such beutiful curves as a tvr even the new monaro that everyone so loves just reminds me of a coupe version of the omega

Thread Information