Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: R-35 GTR delayed until 2007!

I would like to see other rear wheel drive V8s. Being two door, the formula would have to change slightly. This would enable Holden to race the Monaro. Woo ****ing hoo!. As long as power to weight was closely restricted I can see no problems. One problem now is that the V8 supercar formular is so contrived that if run under the current rules, the Supra and Skyline would probably have to run Ford or GM 5lts with Ford front suspension etc.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Well Itll these new cars will give nissan a car they can actually compete with in GT-P and it would be interesting to see them run in the bathurst 24 hour. But the one rule their adamant about and it seems they will enver change is the car must be australian made...
    My boss also remains pretty sure that we probly wont see a v8 magna anytime soon and therefore no v8 super car entry although Mitsubishi australia have been toying with the idea of a short wheel base v8 pajero and prehaps if were lucky we might see a v8 magna then...

i think all alluminium construction would be a great thing for the R-35, jaguar claims they saved about 200kg on the XJ, and with the R-34 being about 1540kg, Nissan might be able to get the skyline down to about 1400kg which is almost equal to an EVO7

Talking lol

How much do you want to bet tuners in america will mod a v8 skyline that can spank all the turbo sixes? It would kind of be a dissapointment to me to have a v8 Skyline as it's not really in the tradition of the car. But I think I could get used to it, can you imagine a blown V8 under the hood of the next skyline? With attesa all wheel drive putting all that torque to the ground, that thing would fly!
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

How much do you want to bet tuners in america will mod a v8 skyline that can spank all the turbo sixes?
    Of course that is going to happen. A modified 8 will be quicker than a standard turbo six. But do you really think that the Japs, making a car for themselves as much as anything, will make the v8 superior? There's no way. There will be modded v6 skylines that will blow the doors off any of the 8's, you can stake your life on it.

You need to remember, modifying GTRs is a whole culture over in Japan, and street drags are taken very seriously. It will be interesting to see what is done to the 6 and 8 when they eventually materialise.

As far as breaking tradition goes, it doesn't matter about the V8 so much, as the 6 is now a V, not a straight. There is no traditional engine in the GTR anymore.

What do u mean by new skyline... theres a new 350GT in Japan right now... do u mean something even newer than that?

new skyline? R35 Skyline GTR

Smile Yes, you are right

Originally posted by Nildo
    Of course that is going to happen. A modified 8 will be quicker than a standard turbo six. But do you really think that the Japs, making a car for themselves as much as anything, will make the v8 superior? There's no way. There will be modded v6 skylines that will blow the doors off any of the 8's, you can stake your life on it.

You need to remember, modifying GTRs is a whole culture over in Japan, and street drags are taken very seriously. It will be interesting to see what is done to the 6 and 8 when they eventually materialise.

As far as breaking tradition goes, it doesn't matter about the V8 so much, as the 6 is now a V, not a straight. There is no traditional engine in the GTR anymore.
    about the lack of a traditional engine in the new skyline. I had forgotten the RB 26 was a straight engine. That kind of sucks, I hate to see such a special and unique car get the same 3.5 V6 as just about every other vehicle Nissan has in their line up. However it is a strong capable engine and should do fine.

Also, I was talking about americans tuning the eights to be able to wipe the floor with japanese tuned sixes . Now that would be a war. We americans know a lot about getting power from an eight cylinder (I.E. supercharging, boring, stroking). But the japanese sure know their sixes, plus it's their car so.....should be interesting. But for street dragging.....I'lll take the eight.

lol, yesterday I was thinking, man it sucks that you have to get an eight cyliner in an american skyline. Now given the choice I think I'd take the 8 over the six anyway.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

im thinking Nissan will have standard power outputs for the V8 and V6 similar to each other, but in terms of refinement, response etc. the V6 will excel ahead of the V8

yes

but an engine with more displacement will always have more potential than one with less.
    Most wanted cars:

i'll agree with that, but its not neccessarily always true: if one engines built stronger than another, than youd think it could take more power than that other engine

You know, on a different page we wound up having a similar debate. Basically with forced induction the sky(line...oh, sorry...that wasn't funny) is the limit. If the 8's in america are tuned with s'chargers or turbos, and the japs use big turbos it will all come down to chequebook racing. It's true that this will be a very interesting contest.

if the american's choose to supercharge the V8 over say a twin turbo system, then the contest has already been won by Japan.
    I am the Stig

gtr mod is taken very seriously in japan so i doubt very much that americans will be able to make a v8 that will "spank" the v6...but it all depends on the amount of cash u have

I dont know about that fpv most people take drag racing more seriously in this circle and super chargers are still very effective on the 1/4 and on a larger motor it might make up for the power drain and the off the line performace would surely help too. I doubt it will be a one sided affair as Nildo said.

Thread Information