Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: R-35 GTR delayed until 2007!

well relying on Drag technology is one thing, but as R34 pointed out, GTR tuning in Japan is serious business and not for the faint hearted. Holinger make 6 speed dog boxes for GTR's capable of withstanding 900kw for the Japanese market, i dont think you'll see a V8 skyline packing that much heat
    I am the Stig

Well well just have to wait and see rember the v6 thir planning on is uncharted territory too.

i reckon the V6 is pretty safe, it just got voted one of the 10 best engines worldwide for the 10th year in a row, its proven itself good for 206kw NA in the 350Z as well
    I am the Stig

Ok fair enough i didnt know it had been around that long but still rember with any big advancement there are new things to learn about somthing eg the turbos.

well im not an expert on the subject, but for the first nine years, nissans VG V6 engine made the top 10, and this year it was their VQ V6 engine
    I am the Stig

the americans cant take a jap car and mod it and actually think they can make it faster than japs can...if americans think they can do that just wait for the shock the americans will get from the japs

the americans got away with the 2.5L in the STI, i dont think they'll manage the same feat with the GTR. The car up until now has been a Japan only car, and now its becoming a world car, Japan wont want to give someone else a better version
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Japan wont want to give someone else a better version
    of course mate, if you owned a car company would you want to give your best version to other countries or keep it for yourself?

The R35 is full of rumours v8,no round tail light and compete in bathurst what next???

Im pretty lost with the R35 if it lost its tail light config and RB26 it just wouldnt be a skyline(also said by a nissan worker) and whats happening to Nissan going all NA on us
    Dont Drink and Drive home Drift and Slide Home

Quote Originally Posted by -datsun 1600-
    The R35 is full of rumours v8,no round tail light and compete in bathurst what next???

Im pretty lost with the R35 if it lost its tail light config and RB26 it just wouldnt be a skyline(also said by a nissan worker) and whats happening to Nissan going all NA on us
    i think its time skyline broke its trend and got a whole new makeover, its time its gets a bit more modern and has a fresh look and the performance should also get a very major boost.

i dont know where u got the rumour for the skyline re-entering the ATCC, but remember nissan wants the R35 to be as groundbreaking as the R32 which was a completely new model, thus the R35 must be completely new as well
    I am the Stig

So they want to get rid of the glass top stove lights at the back? i cantpersoanlly say thatll be a positive car while its only a gimmick its evolved with the car and isnow a trademark. And ite give me somthing to laugh at the car saying how that feature reminds me of house hold appliances

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    of course mate, if you owned a car company would you want to give your best version to other countries or keep it for yourself?
    If I was in the position to decide what version goes where, I'd definitely send the hot versions to the U.S. .... or anywhere else that it could sell well.

I don't think it would be a wise move to keep the hottest version of a car like that on home terf, not when there is a potentially hungry market waiting for it, where it has not previously been sold.

Car companies are in the business of making money .... they do this through selling cars.

Hmmm interesting ideas....

you've all brought up. Engine strength does have a LOT to do with how much potential it has, especially when you're talking about forced induction. However who's to say the 4.5 won't be just as strong as the 3.5? They're made by the same companie. It doesen't really matter though anyway as I'm sure once you start getting really serious about making horse power with either of those engines, you'll start looking into stronger engine components than what the stock car gives you.

I know the eight cylinder will never beat the sixes in Japan though, you guys were right. I forgot to consider the fact that there will be infinately more parts made available by a plethora of companies for the 3.5 V6 than we will ever see in america for the eight cylinder engine. In fact I'm betting most people just swap that eight for a 350 Z motor and go from there, if they have the cash to do that that is. Still I think you could make one those eights pretty quick, but you might be hard pressed to find the parts to do it with.

Anyway yeah, I'm done now.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

swapping the motor for the 350Z sounds perculiar, i guess thsoe who are going to want to go for more top end might do that whilst those who want bottom end power will supercharge the V8
    I am the Stig

Thread Information