Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: R-35 GTR delayed until 2007!

I guess you can look at it that way

But I was just saying, the people who want more extreme performance might swap for the 3.5 because there will probably be more parts readily available for that engine.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Carlos Ghosn, the man responsible for the delay, has stated that there are only four guarantees which remain for the skyline.

1. It will absolutely, categorically have round tail lights, as skylines have now for decades.
    2. It will definitely have four wheel drive capability.
    3. In japan it will run a twin turbo V6 engine.

I actually forgot the fourth one, it was nothing interesting. So there it is, tail lights will stay. One designer joked that they start with the lights and build the car around them!

R34, just so you know (I know it was on a different page) distinguished means to be set apart. What this means for you is that nobody follows your path, you are unique to this page.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Nildo
    R34, just so you know (I know it was on a different page) distinguished means to be set apart. What this means for you is that nobody follows your path, you are unique to this page.
    i think it just means him and everyone else with a green dot is set apart from everyone else

thats a good one though, start with the tailights, but a GTR without the 4 round tail lights, would almost be like a Falcon without a straight six
    I am the Stig

Im sure glad im no longer in school to hear idiotsprattle on wioth the new skyline and blah blah blah turbo blah blah...you get the picture there always a large group of them who dont have a brain between the lot of them and think the cars are the best thing since sliced bread.

will it be a good idea if i get a gts or gts-t and stick in a gt-r engine?

from what i know theres not that much difference between the 2.5 and 2.6L units so it would be alot cheaper just to install 2.6 internals into the GTS
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    i think its time skyline broke its trend and got a whole new makeover, its time its gets a bit more modern and has a fresh look and the performance should also get a very major boost.
    i guess i agree what theres an 80% chance there gonna screw up and everyones gonna hate it, u no that right? becides i love that R-34, i think changing it at all would be a risk to some of the diehard fans

Quote Originally Posted by 16-4Veyron
    i guess i agree what theres an 80% chance there gonna screw up and everyones gonna hate it, u no that right? becides i love that R-34, i think changing it at all would be a risk to some of the diehard fans
    at first people will hate it but then slowly they'll get used to it, you do know that?

Yeah and ford hoped people would get used to the AU but guess what? didnt happen its too much of a gamble to hope a car will grow onpeople.

There will always be purists, but in the end the R-35 is coming and will be accepted by motoring enthusiasts. Maybe some of the R-34 fanatical die-hards wont take to it, but on a world stage so what? Also don't forget that tha Japanese have a penchant for grabbing the latest gizmos for the sake of having the latest gizmos! I think the '35 will be as popular as any previous model.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    at first people will hate it but then slowly they'll get used to it, you do know that?
    thats a good possibelity, but if they secrew up then... no
    if they make a couple unwanted changes, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Yeah and ford hoped people would get used to the AU but guess what? didnt happen its too much of a gamble to hope a car will grow onpeople.
    well the AU took 4 years for some people to get used to, mainly because they had seen what was to replace it in a matter of months and got their cheque book ready. i dont think the R35 will have the same problems, the styling will be coming from i'd say the skyline sedan, the 350z etc so although it will be a completely new skyline, the ideas behind it wont neccessarily be completely
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well the AU took 4 years for some people to get used to, mainly because they had seen what was to replace it in a matter of months and got their cheque book ready. i dont think the R35 will have the same problems, the styling will be coming from i'd say the skyline sedan, the 350z etc so although it will be a completely new skyline, the ideas behind it wont neccessarily be completely
    Well i chose the example because r34 would knowsomthing about it I was just pointing out somtimes being adventurous dopesnt pay off. Ipersonally view that change shouldbe like evalutionpicture slowly changeing so people dont get so shocked by the big sudden change.

well i think the skylines GTR is about to mutate in that case then
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well i think the skylines GTR is about to mutate in that case then
    yes yes yes

Thread Information