Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: R-35 GTR delayed until 2007!

Even if the new car isn't groundbreaking or even that popular I will be glad for it. Nissan has proved itself for 13 years with the '32-'34 model GTRs without having to really change anything major to transform the performance. It is time for them to do something new. I love the old skyline, but they can't keep selling it forever. Porsche, Ferrari, now Honda and even HSV have moved the game along a whole lot in the past 5 or so years, so Nissan needed new goals and a new platform for the GTR. They did it before, and I honestly reckon they'll do it again.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Nildo
    Even if the new car isn't groundbreaking or even that popular I will be glad for it. Nissan has proved itself for 13 years with the '32-'34 model GTRs without having to really change anything major to transform the performance. It is time for them to do something new. I love the old skyline, but they can't keep selling it forever. Porsche, Ferrari, now Honda and even HSV have moved the game along a whole lot in the past 5 or so years, so Nissan needed new goals and a new platform for the GTR. They did it before, and I honestly reckon they'll do it again.
    yea agreed but dont forget eventhough the skyline may look different a skyline will always be a skyline

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    yea agreed but dont forget eventhough the skyline may look different a skyline will always be a skyline
    Amen.

hey r34 296kw!!!

u know what? the picture of r35 you posted on the first page of here is a fake....dum ass~~ how stupid you are? Do you have a brain? or at least eyes..ah? hu...somebody just modified a picture of r34 with PHOTOSHOP!! I have seen that pic about 2years ago on a Korean web site, and it was proved as a fake. Don't you think the spoiler is too much the same as that of r34? don't you think something is unbalanced? weird you are..
    My math teacher is from the planet Turtle

oh really...am i wierd...if i knew where you lived and i lived near you i'd show you whats wierd and whats not, well for starters your face would be very badly and permanently disfigured and then i'd work on the rest of your body... awwwwwww sorry man, i think you need a new nappy

Oi enough of that you 2 we dont need that kind of crap filling up our rooms now either say somthing constructive or dont bother posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Oi enough of that you 2 we dont need that kind of crap filling up our rooms now either say somthing constructive or dont bother posting.
    ok ok

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    is that something like the 5000gt? ive seen sketches of one in wheels magazine, but they said it was gunna have an f1 inspired v10, unless thats supposed to sit above the supra. i dont see it being included into V8 supercars as its only currently open to locally made V8 RWD cars, and ford and holden are the only ones with an eligble entry. perhaps the next time the system gets changed (usually about every 10 or so years ive found, and the V8 supercars was introduced in 1993 so a change is due soon) there maybe a loophole, but mitsubishi would be more eager to put a magna in, in the hope it would increase the sales of the car
    didnt they use an r32 or an r32 engine in that race a couple of years ago? and that it killed all of the holdens and fords so they took it out?lol

In 91 and 92, the R32 Skyline GT-R's raced in the ATCC as part of the Group A championship and took both the Bathurst and ATCC titles for both years in complete dominance. In 1993 the category was changed to the current V8 Supercars format of V8 RWD Holden and Ford sedans because the whole Group A idea was a complete disaster. The fans of the sport had deserted it after first the Ford Sierra's beat the V8 Commodores then the Skylines came and dominated. You can't expect Australian fans of an Australian motorsport to just roll over and accept that they were beaten by a Japanese car
    I am the Stig

No you can't. But by the same token Holden and Ford should have tried to raise themselves above the level they were at. If they built more competitive cars, they would have been more competitive.

Back then the gap between japanese high performance stuff and Australian V8's was huge. Our cars had no way of competing. But rather than trying to build a better car, they got rid of the machine embarassing them. I have never forgiven Holden or Ford Australia for that. It took them another 10 years or so (about now, really....or the advent of the BA falcon if you will) to really try and build much better cars. I applaud them now, but it is far too late. I hope the next gen jap stuff really moves the game on again, and that if they do that other manufacturers will be quicker to respond. It only results in better cars for all of us.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Well the R35 skyline is rumoured to be a real ripper so it could get everyone rethinking how to make cars again, but with Australian manufacturers getting in on the global sale now i dont think we'd sit back and watch everything go by before we took action. With the Monaro now going to the Middle East, South Africa, North America and the UK Holden will be further looking to keep up with the worlds global manufacturers.

Ford on the other hand havent stuck there heads in very much on the local exports market. With the upcoming Territory they might have the right product to crack certain markets and at a later date introduce the Falcon. Ford North America is craving for a car like the Falcon to replace the ageing Crown Victoria but not only can't the Broadmeadows plant keep up with local demand let alone export demand, cracking the US market would be easier with an SUV product like the Territory rather than something like the Falcon
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by nismo
    ...dum ass...
    If you spell like that, people will think you're talking about yourself
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

It's a nice thought that we could build cars to export to the US. Since most of our cars are modelled of their design philosophy it shows that we have gotten better than them at their own game. I have read that the reason GM was so interested in the Monaro was because they had no big six cylinder car like the Commodore which was a rear driver. They only had front drive cars! Isn't that unbelievable!

Back to the Skyline, it's true Nissan wants absolutely shattering performance, but without a big price hike. They have spoken of as much as 350 kw (469 hp) and are trying to keep the body lighter than the R34. Their target is the 911 turbo, but at half the price. I hope they do it. It would also be nice to see them competing in motorsport, just to see what they can manage.

It's a nice thought that we could build cars to export to the US. Since most of our cars are modelled of their design philosophy it shows that we have gotten better than them at their own game. I have read that the reason GM was so interested in the Monaro was because they had no big six cylinder car like the Commodore which was a rear driver. They only had front drive cars! Isn't that unbelievable!.
    Its quite amazing that GM US dont have a decent rwd platform. Current Commodores are modelled more along Euro lines than GM. In fact the first Commodores were modelled from Opels and heralded a new Euro style for Holden. Kind of

Back to the Skyline, it's true Nissan wants absolutely shattering performance, but without a big price hike. They have spoken of as much as 350 kw (469 hp) and are trying to keep the body lighter than the R34. Their target is the 911 turbo, but at half the price. I hope they do it. It would also be nice to see them competing in motorsport, just to see what they can manage.
    It is not really fair to compare Holden and FOrd Australias developement to Nissans. The Skylines developement costs would have been far greater than anything an Australian manufacturer could have had as they have a world market. Ford an particularly Holden have done extrememly well to have used essentially one,rather aging platform, for so many different models. That what was essentially a four door family sedan in now a two door coupe, a awd suv, a two and four door ute, a luxury semi limo is a good effort. Especially considering that each model is fairly good at what it does. The HRT 427 would have given any Skyline a run for its money if it could have had the Skylines developement money and ready made world market.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

i believe it was teh Opel Rekord that then VB Commodore was spawned from. the skyline's development would be HUGE compared to anything the australians spent. like ford spent 700mill on the AU and 500mill on the BA and im expecting over 800mill to be spent for 2007, the new skyline will be something liek 1.5+Billion (the new e class was 3.5 billion)
    I am the Stig

Thread Information