Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: The official avatar resizing thread.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    like...physically mail it? snail mail?
    Brought an interesting question to my mind. How would someone define the unseen values of a program comparatively to the physical entities (eg CD) ?

because technically the "unseen" values would not be physical thus meaning it could not "enter" an envalope, but can still "enter" a cd. so, therefore meaning that though it might not be able to enter an envelope, it can still be in a physical material of some sort. so just how would you define this unseen qualities which makes a program? "spiritual neutron" material?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Brought an interesting question to my mind. How would someone define the unseen values of a program comparatively to the physical entities (eg CD) ?

because technically the "unseen" values would not be physical thus meaning it could not "enter" an envalope, but can still "enter" a cd. so, therefore meaning that though it might not be able to enter an envelope, it can still be in a physical material of some sort. so just how would you define this unseen qualities which makes a program? "spiritual neutron" material?
    "Intellectual Property"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Ok.....

Is that a name concieved earlier? Or is it your own way of calling it?

Anyways....this thread deals with computers somwaht so might as well make it the 'puter help thread. My mate was trying to get access to a site but he couldn't, he got this message:

"Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /Abather/index.htm on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.33 Server at hawra.mhdaya.com Port 80"

Happened to me a lot lately too when I've been trying to get car pics from dieselstation and seriouswheels. I know sometimes refreshing works but it's quite annoying so could you tell me what's going on? Thanks!

Oh and he lives in Dubai too btw

Ok.....

Is that a name conceived earlier? Or is it your own way of calling it?
    It's what the patent industry calls the "unseen values of a program" over it's physical representation and value.
    Anyways....this thread deals with computers somwaht so might as well make it the 'puter help thread. My mate was trying to get access to a site but he couldn't, he got this message:

"Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /Abather/index.htm on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.33 Server at hawra.mhdaya.com Port 80"

Happened to me a lot lately too when I've been trying to get car pics from dieselstation and seriouswheels. I know sometimes refreshing works but it's quite annoying so could you tell me what's going on? Thanks!

Oh and he lives in Dubai too btw
    By far the most common reason for this error is that directory browsing is forbidden for the Web site. Most Web sites want you to navigate using the URLs in the Web pages for that site. They do not often allow you to browse the file directory structure of the site.

So you're likely trying to get to a subpage/frame/document/image and the web server doesnt' permit it. WHen you say 'refreshing' sometimes work are you sure its a plain refresh or a reload of the base pages ?

If a simple refresh fixes the problem then there's a problem with your ISP
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    WHen you say 'refreshing' sometimes work are you sure its a plain refresh or a reload of the base pages ?

If a simple refresh fixes the problem then there's a problem with your ISP
    Depends on the site really. Sometimes when I refresh it'll take me to home forum even though I refreshed in thread. Sometimes it'll give me the picture I want. Sometimes it'll reload everything. Everything happens

Depends on the site really. Sometimes when I refresh it'll take me to home forum even though I refreshed in thread. Sometimes it'll give me the picture I want. Sometimes it'll reload everything. Everything happens
    wow, not seen sh!t like that for years and years

First suspect is obviously your computer. Any chance you've got any nasty virus in there. Odd things always suspect your own comptuer first.

BUT, what you desribe used to happen lots when the first proxies were being deployed. I can't beleive anyone today can't scale the routers and servers though. Complain to your ISP and ask them if other users are reporting similar. Don't be fobbed off with their first response which will ALWAYS be to blame you and/or your computer !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    wow, not seen sh!t like that for years and years
    Welcome to stone-age Dubai

First suspect is obviously your computer. Any chance you've got any nasty virus in there. Odd things always suspect your own comptuer first.
    Nope. Hardly go on any non-car related sites. For anything else it's the real world. So no dodgy sites and no suspicious .zip's around. And even then, my computer too, I don't do too much with it. On the net it's browsing a bit, DLing tons on car pics/vids, some other vids too, checking e-mail (remember DHL and Epson ) and chatting. Off-net making avatars, using the hell out of my MS Word, digital editing with PS 7, Ulead iPhoto Shop 4 and ACDSee. Mostly all the programs I have are not unheard of. Oh and it always scans HD daily so there, nothing funny.

Complain to your ISP and ask them if other users are reporting similar. Don't be fobbed off with their first response which will ALWAYS be to blame you and/or your computer !!!

That big golf ball up there handles Godknowshowmany connections/minute. Just thought I'd show you, that's what they look like. Etisalat (Eti -> EmiratesTele / Salat in Arabic -> Communication = Emirates TeleCommunication) they're called.

Anyways....should I really go to them for such a small problem? Or is it a big one? The same thing happened to my mate, remember, on his computer, so I suppose it must be ISP. Thousands have already called for the same problem I suppose. I'll give it a few more days to see if it's because of those cut-off submarine lines which left connections severely damaged (no email checking etc) but if it persists I'll pay 'em a visit.

can some one resize this for my avatar?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I lightened it as well, hope that's ok

thanks

hey can someone please resize this .. thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by holdens
    hey can someone please resize this .. thanks in advance
    Here ya go mate.

thanks mate i appreciate it

can someone do this one for me?
    Last edited by Cadillac Imaj; 09-07-2005 at 04:21 AM.

Others.

Thread Information