Thread: Semi Racing on the Nordschleife

Semi Racing on the Nordschleife

Hello guys and girls,

Who did ever ride the Nordschleife? And if you didn't, the Nurburgring in Germany has an older part, called the Nordschleife, this is open for the public and you can drive there with your own car. It should be touristic laps, but they are most of the time the fastest touristics laps you ever seen or felt.

And who enjoy to ride a car or bike on a circuit, just for fun. So not for real racing but just for fun?

The next year it will be the 6th year for me enjoying the Ring, and the third year doing it with a car. Before that I did it with my bike. Next year again with the beamer and the suzuki.

And if you do ride tracks, show me pictures with what kind of car, and maybe a map of the track. And were it is situated.

Greetz from Bad Dragon
    The Nordschleife, Heaven on Earth, ride like Hell with the Ring Dragon ( BMW 320i tuned )
    and
    Tuning, fun for the boys with the Street Dragon ( Opel Calibra 2.0 16v tuned )

Never made it further than the Raidillon, when that was still open as public road. The Ring is off limits (Even Apeldoorn Bellen) as insurance coverage will be zero. It probably is the most accident prone 22 km stretch in Europe. One of the disadvantages is that you yourself may be a carefull but still fast drivers, about the others you can never be sure, in particular when they ride on two wheels only, but yes in a private session I would love to do it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I've posts up on here of pics and vids from Knockhill, Crail and Brands Hatch for tracks and numerous rally events. It would fill a thread many times over - easiest if you go search for them here on UCP and see the originals.

Loads from Isle of Man TT over the years but not shared many up here on UltimateCARPage

NEARLY made Nordshcliefe but as it was going to be 3 adults and 2 kids in an Espace with a roof box decided against it.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

If you ride the Nordschleife, when it is open for public, your insurance has to cover everything. It is a public road. Just like the highway's in france you have to pay for it.

Greetz to you Henk

From Bad Dragon
    The Nordschleife, Heaven on Earth, ride like Hell with the Ring Dragon ( BMW 320i tuned )
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dragon
    If you ride the Nordschleife, when it is open for public, your insurance has to cover everything. It is a public road. Just like the highway's in france you have to pay for it.

Greetz to you Henk

From Bad Dragon
    I would have to carefully read the small print. I am sure the toll roads in France are something else. Anyway a Xantia is not an inviting car to do the Nordschleife.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Henk,

There are already so many accidents happend there, and the fact is, the insurance will pay. Because you're not doing a race, you're not doing timing ( at least you never admit that ) and it is official a public road in Germany. Even the ANWB is paying the towtruck when you have a problem there. ( my own experience )

But, you're right a xantia isn't the car to be there. But if you find me on the ring, maybe I give you a pax lap.

Greetz from Robert aka Bad Dragon
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dragon
    Henk,

There are already so many accidents happend there, and the fact is, the insurance will pay. Because you're not doing a race, you're not doing timing ( at least you never admit that ) and it is official a public road in Germany. Even the ANWB is paying the towtruck when you have a problem there. ( my own experience )

But, you're right a xantia isn't the car to be there. But if you find me on the ring, maybe I give you a pax lap.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Have you reached below 10 minutes in the 320? Anyway, I recently downgraded my insurance to WA only.
    Last edited by henk4; 12-20-2004 at 07:46 AM.

Fastest time in the Calibra was 09.49,46 and the fastest lap with the Beemer was 09.54,97.

and

Thread Information