Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: £30,000 to spend. What car do you buy?

for 30,000 i would have an arial atom with 2.0lt 16v honda vtec engine with a supercharger has same power to weight ratio as porche 911 turbo but better handling!600hp per ton! 500Kg total weight

Quote Originally Posted by spruceguy
    for 30,000 i would have an arial atom with 2.0lt 16v honda vtec engine with a supercharger has same power to weight ratio as porche 911 turbo but better handling!600hp per ton! 500Kg total weight
    Same power to weight as a Porsche 911 turbo?

I Think not

420 bhp/ 1.59 tonnes = 265bhp/tonne

For the 911 Turbo to have a power to weight ratio of 600bhp/tonne it'd need 955bhp.

You weren't watching Top Gear at all I suppose?
    Thanks for all the fish

lmfao, i see you just saw today's episode of top gear

btw the radical is alot faster and looks a helluva lot better then the atom (to me newayz)

one thing is pecking at my head though ...

if you drive an atom or radical or any of those hardcore racers without a helmut (like clarkson was in the clip) wouldnt u get like a fistful of flies and bugs in ur mouth? that just makes me puke at the thought of it ... excuse me ... *PUKE* ... oh that's nasty

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    lmfao, i see you just saw today's episode of top gear
    I did and I don't want my face looking like Clarkson's at high speed , Stig's lap time still slower than the Enzo's though
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Stig's lap time still slower than the Enzo's though
    but your still £420,000 better off and only 0.5 seconds slower

faster 0-60 too
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

First, Clarkson is a TALL guy, he has a very long back and his head is more than 6 inches higher than I've seen anyone else in an Atom.

However, the deflectors are fine at 'normal' speeds to keep small objects up and away from your face - same with Radical and Deronda ( to a lesser extent )

BUT you'd be crazy to drive any of these without a helmet !! NO aero system is gonna stop a stone

Even the Renault Spider which had an aerodynamic deflector - no windscreen but a wing to divert a solid wall of air up and over the drivers head - was only Ok at lowish speeds !! ANd later they added a windscreen !!

Most 7 owners with small screens wear head protection. The advantage being you can talk to each other through intercom

The Deronda has a full windscreen in development which can be removed for track time. So you drive up in comfort then take it off to reduce the drag and GO
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

just a pity that with 340 days of rain in Scotland this will be a difficult car to use. (the other 25 days are snow )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    with 30 pounds to spend... i'd get my self and ariel atom... nice and fast little car...

just about how much is an xtr2?
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    with 30 pounds to spend... i'd get my self and ariel atom... nice and fast little car...
    damn youd be doing very well to get one for that much jk*

@Henk

heheh well said even though our weather isnt much better
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang

@Henk

you live in sunny blackpool, i live in "the rainy city"
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

don't just copy what clarkson says and learn dude
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Another Ferrari Mondial T To replace the one which died
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang

@Henk

shut up! u know what i mean... lol... 30 000!
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

My choice... '69 Dodge Coronet R/T, 440 engine, 3-speed auto, 3.55:1 gears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information