Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Sports Car Ever Made By Japan

A fair enough opinion Noone, but I can prmise you that the MR2 can probably out-accelerate you vortech charged 5.0 to a point as well. For comparisons sake it weighs 940 kg (tare) and has 170 bhp (127 kw), and runs 0-100 in about 6.3 seconds. The cornering isn't 'on rails', but is very exploitable and progressive, making it exciting without feeling like it is about to bite you. I have been in some faster cars before, but it made them no more thriiling. Also it pays to remember that proximity to the ground enhances the feeling of speed. A caterham or lotus can feel faster than it is because you sit lower in it.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Nildo
    A fair enough opinion Noone, but I can prmise you that the MR2 can probably out-accelerate you vortech charged 5.0 to a point as well. For comparisons sake it weighs 940 kg (tare) and has 170 bhp (127 kw), and runs 0-100 in about 6.3 seconds. The cornering isn't 'on rails', but is very exploitable and progressive, making it exciting without feeling like it is about to bite you. I have been in some faster cars before, but it made them no more thriiling. Also it pays to remember that proximity to the ground enhances the feeling of speed. A caterham or lotus can feel faster than it is because you sit lower in it.
    Those MR2's are light and have decent power, but I was stressing that even though great handling can be fun, I don't think it would put that nervous grin on your face as outright acceleration does.

BTW: I don't know the 0-100 time on the 'stang, but it was quite consistent with bottom to mid 11 sec 1/4 mile times ... best time was 11.2@122 mph. It was never dynoed either, but an educated guess would be 380+ hp.

Holy crap! Well, never mind about the MR2 being anywhere near as quick. And if it is a small dose of automotive fear you are after I don't think the MR2 is for you! The scariest car I have driven is a Saab Viggen...the torque steer was unbelievable and things got really out of shape powering out of a roundabout...I was lucky there were no other cars about. That day taught me never to try and be a hero on public roads! And I didn't enjoy the experience whatsoever.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

The Acura/Honda NSX has to be the best Japanese sports car ever. It looks great, handles better than just about anything, and has Honda reliability.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    The Acura/Honda NSX has to be the best Japanese sports car ever. It looks great, handles better than just about anything, and has Honda reliability.
    honda cars have a ignition problem...besides if nsx is the best then why has the skyline been winning the JGTC? skyline would have been the bomb if it was made by toyota, they have the best quality and reliability

WHAT ?
    Sorry, having driven one, they are NOT that great.
    It was a North American spec and I'm todl they are 'softer', but it wasn't 'better than just about anything'.
    Good yes, but wouldn't make the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Pliz
    honda cars have a ignition problem...besides if nsx is the best then why has the skyline been winning the JGTC? skyline would have been the bomb if it was made by toyota, they have the best quality and reliability
    i dont think you can compere race cars to road cars. would you say a corvette is better than a saleen s7 just because the vette is more competitive on the race track? also the skyline isn't sold in the US (the skyline is a great car but wouldnt sell in the US because it is overpriced).

(the skyline is a great car but wouldnt sell in the US because it is overpriced).
    can someone please explain to him the REAL REASON why skylines are not sold in the US, overpriced? yeah rite, most american are more overpriced, ask eggy or someone like that and they'll tell you WHY the skyline is not sold in US, well motorex imports them.... what do you have to say for that? besides americans are just scared that skylines will be killing most of the american cars

NSX-R
    MaJuLpEñO! CoOl, FrEsH, nAtUrAl PeOpLe!! (CCK)

The NSX-R is good. Good enough to win Evo car of the year, which features the best performance cars in the world. Just to show what sort of competition there is, the previous winner was the Pagani Zonda C12S.

the car doesnt do much for me wheels tested it against some bland(ish) porsche 911 and while the nsx came barely on top the porshce killed it in price.

That was a review of the regular-and ver much overpriced-NSX. The type R is lighter and has more power, giving it a 4.4 0-100 and a better top speed. It has a few other performance features too. In Europe it is priced at a much more reasonable level. I think it is around 60,000 pounds ($170000) rather than the regular one here which is about $270000.

I wonder if honda wonders why they dont sell well here?
    From what a read they turuely are a brilliant car stong 6 and a moncouge fiberglass body.

from what ive heard theyre an alluminium body. the main reason theyre not seeling here is people can see its age. when it was released it was a pretty good supercar but now theres a fair few more cars that are better than it for the same sort of price
    I am the Stig

Well from what i hear the car hasnt had any real signifigant changes for about 11 years. And it probly is alloy i dont know not very up to date with jap cars.... i still dont think its really selling well when there are makes like porsche and lotus and stuff that are really good and offer similar performance and prices and have better reutations in this country.

Thread Information