Thread: Need Some Help!!!

Need Some Help!!!

Can any one help me learn stuff like spining the car or sliding it or how to race well or anything like that???cuz i've been driving now for almost a year and i'm really bored from the way i drive, i tried a few times to learn things on my own but things went completly out of control,it's good that i didnt crash into anyone...
    thanks a lot anyway..

ok, i'll tell you what to do....

First handbrake turn around corners. i went into a wall once.

Second never lift your foot off the accelerator. - ever.

next, find a car park, and go round in circles for about 50 mins.

then you could try left foot braking, try not to stall.

you could even try and get the car on two wheels, you may need 4 people in the car to balance it.

try some of that, and im sure youll impress the birds
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

J Turns east as hell you should manage it

Ive never really managed to get the handbrake turn mainly because FWD cars arent that good at it

buy the DVD jeremy clarkson No limits
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    J Ive never really managed to get the handbrake turn mainly because FWD cars arent that good at it
    you wouldn't notice the way my freind handbrake turns his old lancer into his parking space at work.....i'd love to see him try it with his wrangler though

thanks a lot but ur not giving me any details,,, i mean last time when i tried to do handbrake turn i was about 70km/h the car went completely crazy(by the way my car is audi A4 and its FWD) i tried to control it by turning right it didnt turn it just went on sliding side ways and almost went on 2 wheels...
    it would be great if u have any videos or pictures...

your bored with driving. you planing these manovers on your local high street or on the motorway?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

a4 is a fwd???

and if u gona b takin hand-brake turns, the best way to do em is to yank the h.b. a little b4 u actually spin the wheel, u get a much better slide.

but u dont havta learn to spin to njoy ure drivin...u really wana njoy drivin, do the followin:
    1 - get a manual.
    2 - get sumthin u can lisen to over n over again, ul b surprised how u wont b able to wait to get inot the car.
    3 - instead on focusing on how many stunts and llast-second lane changes u did, try to focus more, for example, on how well u can judge the road and other drivers, see if u can predict their next moves, it'l improve ure driving reactions.
    4 - if u have to do spins n all coz u cant bear the temptation, go rent a car, dont do it in ure own, atleast not till u can do it real well.
    Last edited by The Tuner; 01-03-2005 at 11:39 AM.
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

get a pc, a pc wheel, or get a ps2 gt3 or wait for gt4, get also a good wheel and pedals, have fun, learn about weight distribution and weight shifting, never do that crap a public road... if you feel the urge to do it, count to ten, or slap yourself!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by The Tuner
    a4 is a fwd???
    yes it is, unless you get....QUATTRO
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Go to a track and ake soem lessons.

"practising" in public places and roads isn't funny.

trying to do it by "trial and error" is gonna make a mess of your brakes, clutch and suspension if you get it wrong.

I know you didn't like being told to get a Playstation, but that's a hell of a lot safer than giving you advice on car control when you're needing to learn so many of the basics. Look up your local track and book some rally driving courses.

You don't say where you are ( AGAIN ANOTHER USER MISSING THE OBVIOUS ) so we can't help you much beyond that. If you're in the UK, then I can give many places to go to to get 1 days rally driving experience which will give you all the lessons.

MY CONCERN is that you'll think it's clever to do it on the road rather than the track or stage.

So, let us know where you are and we can give help that will make a difference, save you LOTS of costs and make it safer aroudn your streets !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well personally to do my stunts i done them in the local dam none gos there we went around tagged the oval and pissed off also there is a big tarmac parking lot thats a nice wide open space i lernt some of the basic of wet weather handeling there....

Also an option im considering is a defensive driveing course their educational and also adaptable to regualr driveing on the road....

Ive pretty much lost my urges to be a complete toss on the road simply to keep all the points on my liscence you reap the banfits and i could always tag the oval again if i felt the urge to....when your speedo stuffs out because you wore that much of you done burnouts and stuff and your engine and gearbox recived a hammering (3 gear in the mud in my sunny ) and your car doesnt really like starting in the morning itkind of puts you of....im just hanging for the 1/4 and a decent car to hit the track in now.....

Thread Information