Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford/Shelby AC COBRA !

Ford/Shelby AC COBRA !

Now when i posted up my AC cobra... i was challenged to the egg nogg test.
    So i went down to garage and took photos of my name on a paper.... stuck not only on the gear shifter BUT ! nearly everywhere else on the car soooo ENJOY these ppl
    P.S Note the vortech supercharger in the corner there.... 11psi of boost
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome car man!
    What kind of power is that thing making?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Awesome!

Moving to Users' Rides.

RE: AC Cobra

I have a few more pics to add... one on the front badge, one in the boot (snap on blanket hehehe), and one under the number plate
    Cheers i hope you all belive me now
    Attached Images Attached Images

The car hasnt actually been dyno'd yet. Im going to rebuild the motor as its having some overheating problems... im aiming for 500-580 HP @ wheels after the rebuild (same setup with blower etc. just new motor) enjoyy

Quote Originally Posted by KeRmIt
    The car hasnt actually been dyno'd yet. Im going to rebuild the motor as its having some overheating problems... im aiming for 500-580 HP @ wheels after the rebuild (same setup with blower etc. just new motor) enjoyy
    It's having heating problems, so you're doing an engine rebuild?!

Don't you think you should experiment with a better radiator first?

By the way, please tell us more about this car. When/where did you get it, who built the engine, etc.

Thanks!

Well its got a brand new radiator (aluminium and a custom built intercooler) ud think that would stop the problem completely BUT it didnt ive replaced the head gaskets once already (before the cooler/radiator) it stopped for a while but started again i belive its a cracked head. The motor is a 351 im rebuilding the motor because im not entirely happy with it. The car runs carby with a blower which isnt bad but ive heard blowers like injection better then carby for some reason. another reason to rebuild it is it was built by the person i bought the car off. I dont know whats in the motor in the bottom end (eg.cam) I have no idea what cam is in it or anything in the bottom end for that matter so im just going to pull it out and rebuild. im limited for space in the bay so ill probably hav another 351. If i watch the motor being built etc and i play a part in it ill feel more comfortable about it and what it can do and handle.

dude.......no...too cool to be true. thats insane....thats also very very VERY COOL!!!!!!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

thanks, i bought the car 2 years ago in australia for a price in the $50 thousand mark
    i really love this car and will continue to post more pics of it when i take some new ones. It runs working side pipes that are about 3 n a half inch wide and a tremek 5 speed trans. Im looking to change the brakes and suspension on the car. My intentions are to build a circuit/street car that is both fast and nice to drive.

one slight problem kermit.....i dont really want pics that much. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! thats beyond crazy and amazingly cool.......dam man! do me a favor, and just record its engine revs or something? love muscle cars and their engines (and engine sounds too).

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    one slight problem kermit.....i dont really want pics that much. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! thats beyond crazy and amazingly cool.......dam man! do me a favor, and just record its engine revs or something? love muscle cars and their engines (and engine sounds too).

Ok oK ill tell you what next time i take it out for a drive... ill record the engine sound for you and ill post it onto users rides hows that ? i can tell you love muscle cars so i can do that for you no problems !

dude........you are awesome. also, your car is awesome, and, kermits right foot? have a good time!

[QUOTE=KeRmIt]The car runs carby with a blower which isnt bad but ive heard blowers like injection better then carby for some reason. QUOTE]

I think this is because the carbs gets a little unbalanced with the change of pressure form the blowers.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I think this is because the carbs gets a little unbalanced with the change of pressure form the blowers.[/QUOTE]

yes thats what ive been told aswell iva had to put heavier springs on the carby to pull back the accelerator as it was holding the revs up after i stop accelerating, i belive te boost pressure was holding the carby open maybe an improved wastegate/bov would fix it but ehh tempted to rebuild and pull more horses !

You are one lucky mo'fo.. Hurry up and tune your suspension and get some cross-drilled disks all-around. Then show us the videos of the car around a track.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information