Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the 'New Age' American Muscle Cars look crap...

Why the 'New Age' American Muscle Cars look crap...

I was thinking about the new Mustang the other day, and it got me thinking of the concepts for reviving the American Muscle cars of the past that have been brought out over the last couple of years, and I got to thinking why they look like crap. I know jcp123 has proclaimed his dislike for the looks of the new 'Stang a couple of times (and if he don't like it you know it ain't retro), and it finally hit me what was wrong; they keep the all the design cues, except for the bit that counts : COKE BOTTLE STYLING.

Am I right or wrong?

I probably won't answer anyway as I have no constant access to a computer anymore so knock yourselves out.

WTF is coke Bottle styling?

Maybe i'm too young...

Maybe shape rounded not ruler straight ??? No idea
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

yeah what is coke bottle styling. Back to the subject, I can't really say any american shapes are great. But im a closed minded proud english man
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Take a aside view of the car.
    Take a Coke bottle and lay IT on it's side.
    Look at the lines of the outline of the Coke bottle and you see that 'shape' repeatin in the liesn of the side of the car - front wings, door panel, rear wings. The most distinctive one in the UK was the Mk 3 Cortina. But it was copied from American styline - I just don't know the cars off by heart.
    Here ...
    A "coke bottle shape
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Okay, I'm old enough to show a coke bottle shape car, GM used it a lot in the 60's and have repeated it through the years.

It has to do with how the front of the car kind of closes into a smallish grill, then the front fenders sweep upward then kind of downward then up again at the back fenders then back down, a coke bottle shape.....see pic below.

As side view of these cars really shows it best.

aha thank you, I like Coke bottle cars

That dodge charger looks really bad
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

There are some Good new Muscle Cars but alot of them need improvement. Such as the ones that just look "PLAIN" like the charger and the impala

best example of coke bottle styling=corvette. Especially 60's models. even today you can still see the coke bottle, I think that's why the Corvette is so popular (in North America at least)
    GO CANADA
    37 Courageous RCSCC
    Retired Chief Petty Officer First Class

ok.......first, dont take one persons opinion, and twist it lucif. just cause a hard core muscle car fan doesnt like something (ONE fan i may add) doesnt mean it isnt a real muscle car. me and my dad got confused between the new stang and a 67 when looking in a magazine, until we saw the dates, seeing that it was a 67. and what about the viper? not powerful looking enough for you? i just saw a saleen s7 today, and that thing is SEXY!!!!!! the shelby gr-1 looks amazing in person, its easily in my top 5 favorites now. the ford gt? its ok, doesnt have the "prescence" it should have. ok, now that ive said all that, and im a hardcore muscle car fan too, just like jcp, does that mean its right? you can have different tastes in muscle cars, and i guess the new kinds just dont fit jcp's tastes, while the old and new fit mine.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

i dont really give a stuff if its shaped wif some loner in a room wif nothing but paper, pencil and a coke
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

I really like the old and the new cars from America. In fact I think this is the second golden age for American cars. I feel lucky to be alive witnessing it. Wish I was here for the first golden age

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    I really like the old and the new cars from America. In fact I think this is the second golden age for American cars. I feel lucky to be alive witnessing it. Wish I was here for the first golden age
    dude.......did you read my mind and type my nearly exact opinion for me? thats actually what i consider this too (golden age) and i feel exactly the same way. wierd.......
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    dude.......did you read my mind and type my nearly exact opinion for me? thats actually what i consider this too (golden age) and i feel exactly the same way. wierd.......
    Seems like we have a lot in common. But I will have to fight you for your "biggest Viper Fan Title" LOL

Thread Information