Thread: Lexus GS 300 heating up

Question Lexus GS 300 heating up

alright, here is the situation

my brother got a Lexus GS300 with a 2JZGE motor (i believe the non-turbo supra motor). it has 220PK and does about 8.5secs to 60mph

now he wants to tune the engine but he wants to build in a turbo

now he has an automitic gearbox and i dont think the turbo alone will give him what he wants.

he wants to take it to 6.5 secs to the 60mph. and have some more power futher on as well offcourse. anyone of you'ze have an idea how to manage this the best way?

tnx.

Your brother is a very lucky fellow, but he is right that the car needs a bit more grunt. You are right, the motor is a non-turbo supra motor, although the supra is far quicker than those times. It produces 166 kw, or 225 ps. The Turbo makes more like 325 ps, or about 240 kw. Sound good?

Now I don't know too much about the lexus, but it is not small, so there should be plenty of room for a new turbo motor. If your brother is happy to stick with auto then that is also very fortunate, as he may be able to get a full half cut of a Supra turbo. There are places near where I live in Brisbane that offer half cuts for about $4500. That is a decent price, and if your brother bought a Lexus, probably affordable.

I am not sure about whether all the parts are compatible, but any reputable converter can probably tell you the size of the job. Remember it is the same as an atmo to turbo supra. The motor is also very responsive to modification, so if your brother can't get enough of a good thing, there is always more.

There is a car in Japan called the Aristo V300....beautiful machine. It is a large luxury car with a 2JZ-GTE. It runs 0-100 in about 6 flat, and a quarter of 14.2. That should be enough performance for you. If you want help looking for parts or pricing, or even somewhere to do the job then give me a location for you and I will try and help. Jsut be aware that these jobs aren't cheap....probably $4000 after the engine price for conversion. At least that should come with engineer approval and mod plates.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Thumbs up tnx

tnx, nildo for ur answer.

actually my brother was looking for a complete rurbo kit @ 5000euro

so if.. like 4500 could give him the twin turbo of a supra and 5500 would make it fit as well, i guess that ll be good. although in my opinion is is still a lot of money and. ill talk to him. still, im curious about the options when keeping it naturally aspired. if there is any pls tell me. prolly it will use more gas tuning it w/o turbo and stuff. but i guess my brother wants to be informed as much as possilble before putting the stuffs in. At least i know i would

As far as atmo tuning goes, while it may sound very good you need to remember it will always cost more for the same result as a turbo. Having said that, recently a few decent tuning options have appeared.

A stroker kit has been produced that pulls capacity out to 3.4 litres. That's a fairly large increase. I don't know the price and forget the manufacturer, but I will help you find out if you are interested. Other things to consider are a full sports exhaust with tuned length extractors and cold air induction, ported and flowed heads, a computer upgrade (you may need a full system upgrade...$$$), custom ground hotter cams (with vernier cam gears if possible), forged high compression pistons (these will need to be custom made), enlarged plenum chamber and some custom throttle bodies.

If you do want big atmo supra power you should know that a power increase of about 40% is considered pretty major. Using that rule even if you could afford to do that much work, which I guarantee will be more costly than an engine swap, it would not make quite as much power as a turbo, or provide as much mid-range torque.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

lexus is asian?????
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    lexus is asian?????
    Lexus is Toyota's luxury division.

Acura is Honda's luxury division.

Infiniti is Nissan's luxury division.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    lexus is asian?????
    Acura History

When Acura first entered the U.S. market in 1986, it became the very first Japanese luxury car on the market, establishing its leadership position in terms of technological refinement, luxurious appointments and a goal of producing luxury cars that were also consummate driver's cars.

Upon introduction, the 1986 Legend accomplished what no other luxury car had dared to try. It proved that luxury doesn't necessarily come at the expense of precise handling, responsive powertrains and excellent road manners. In a real and fundamental sense, it had gone where no luxury car had gone before. It had crossed into the realm of handling and performance, which, up to that time, had been occupied by expensive European GT machines. In a sense, Acura set the standard for everything that followed.

Completing the line-up, the Integra proved that sport coupes and sedans with high performance potential and outstanding engineering credentials didn't need to have an equally high price. Modestly priced but bursting with technological innovations, it quickly became the most desirable vehicle for an entire generation of enthusiast drivers who wanted a good-looking, crisp handling sports machine that could be counted on to provide reliable daily transportation -- without putting a huge hole in their maintenance budgets.

In 1991, the Legend Coupe won Motor Trend's prestigious Import Car of the Year trophy. The same year, the Integra took the laurels as one of Car & Driver's Ten Best. The Integra would continue to make the Ten Best list in four of the next ten years. The Legend Coupe won the title twice.

In 1990, Acura produced what Motor Trend would refer to the NSX as the "best sports car ever built." The aluminium bodied, mid-engine supercar redefined the concept of exotic sports cars. Here was a two-seater with the performance potential of traditional European exotics but could also be driven every day in complete comfort and with utter reliability. This was a claim no exotic at the time, or even now, could make. Designed and built by our Research and Development group in Tochigi, Japan, the NSX was an exotic that didn't cost a king's ransom to buy and one that didn't need a 24-hour-a-day on-call mechanic to maintain.

Why does a luxury carmaker produce a vehicle like the NSX? To understand that, one has to understand the Acura philosophy: to provide its owners with Best in Class Products and Service and a Total Luxury Care ownership experience. More than any other brand on the market, Acura builds cars for people who view driving as an end in itself. They drive for the pleasure of it. They drive because it fulfils an abiding need. That view of driving is a concept that permeates every level of Acura.

From the designers at their boards, to the technicians on the assembly line, to the development engineers who fine-tune the suspensions, the goal is to provide owners with agile, responsive road machines that make every driving experience a satisfying one. And that's also the reason Acura and its parent company, American Honda Motor Company, have always been involved in racing. Racing is the research laboratory where concepts and technologies are validated. If they work in the high-pressure atmosphere of competition, they'll work in the everyday world of commuting and recreational driving.

Ultimately, Acura's heritage is the heritage of the racetrack and R&D test benches. The differences between a richly appointed RL and the unabashed performance of the NSX are clearly gigantic. But the essential spirit, the pure joy of driving, is the same.

Upon its introduction in 2001, the all-new MDX™ sport utility vehicle achieved feats of function no other SUV in its class could match. Born at Honda's R&D facilities in the United States, designers of the MDX chose the American Southwest as the vehicle's conceptual theme. Its rugged, yet sophisticated exterior was designed to celebrate the beauty of dramatic landscapes and the Southwest's diverse and rugged terrain. The simple yet elegant interior was designed to embody the pleasure of wide-open spaces while integrating high-tech features with understated luxury.

Shortly after it's introduction, the MDX won the prestigious Motor Trend "2001 Sport/Utility of the Year" award, proving itself to be the true "no-compromise SUV."

================================================== ======

Lexus:

Lexus history

There are no Lexus dealers in Japan. The name Lexus was created specifically during 1987 to give Toyota a second marketing channel in the United States. The Japanese company, despite a name for reliability, found it hard to make inroads to the cliquey luxury market, dominated by German, British and American names. The first car to wear the Lexus badge in the States was an upmarket version of the Camry V6. The latest Aristo and Majesta models were launched as Lexus LS 400 and GS 300 in 1998.
    Thanks to careful marketing, the cars' sky-high quality shone through and the strategy worked. It was quickly aped by Honda with 'Acura' and Nissan with 'Infinity'. In the States the Lexus image has now been diluted slightly by a re-badged version of the Land Cruiser.
    The Lexus name came to the UK in 1990, with a single model, the LS 400. Toyota's designers aimed to emulate the very best of European automotive engineering. The 32-valve 4.0-litre V8 matched to a electronically-controlled four-speed automatic follows the BMW, Jaguar and Mercedes-Benz thinking that rear-wheel drive is still the best for smoothness. The LS 400 has been improved throughout its life, but the car retains essentially its original appearance. Body fit and finish is still probably among the best in the business and they have made a name for exceptional reliability and longevity. The smaller 3.0 in-line six GS 300 was designed by Guigaro.
    As in the States, Lexus dealer are run as a separate operation from the Toyota side of the business. Lexus dealers are now undergoing a substantial 'refranchising' exercise which will result in a complete rebuild of the network by late 2001.
    A new smaller model, the IS200 was launched 1999. Some aspects of its looks were a matter of taste but engineering was to the usual standard. With a 300% increase in sales in 1999 behind it and new LS430 and RX300 slated for launch in late 2000, this is an almost text-book example of how to make branding work.

================================================== =======

History
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Thread Information