Thread: Kia Opirus (amanti) - First attemp at chop

Kia Opirus (amanti) - First attemp at chop

Well, i made this for a restyle contest on another forum.
    Seeing as it wasnt appreciated there (I tuned the car, what a shame, i should have gotten artsy on it...) i decided from now on i'll stick to this place (which i found thanks to that contest)

Original (crappy size, but it was supplied this way for the contest)

My version:

This is my first car tune i've ever done, i'm pretty pleased with it myself
    Didn't use any outside materials (apart from the decals/intercooler/rims). Almost all was done using the simple brush, eraser, and smudge. (and ofcourse a few dozen layers)

I don't really know if i like the carbon hood though. I entered it in the contest without (contest only allowed 580x3xx reso., the carbon looked like just a grey area)

And ehm... i think i caught the virus... Can't wait to start the next one :P
    Last edited by Defectiv; 01-20-2005 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Using imageshack instead of own webspace to keep em up.

You did a good job on the chop, but I'm not quite sure why you chose a Kia for your first subject...

Also, I took out your inline picture and replaced it with a link. We limit inline pictures to 800x600 for format purposes.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Heh, well the contest supplied the picture, no idea why they took a Kia either
    But one things for sure, the Kia definately needed restyling...
    And as for the link, i was trying to fix that :P I noticed i kinda messed up the layout
    Last edited by Defectiv; 01-19-2005 at 03:09 PM.

DUTCH MODE:
    jij van GoT hier!! cool
    /DUTCH MODE

one from the netherlands, wtf, what a coincidence...

thats pretty good. nice and clean, but that pic sucks for chopping. you shoulda tried to get a nice high res version of it.
    halo 2 - november 9

@ SEMICON
    Hehe, thanx to that contest Someone (you?) mentioned this place halfway during the contest as reference, checked it out, and liked it. I won't be entering another restyle that has anything to do with cars there ever, what a load of b.s...

@Danno
    Yeah, i know and agree, but this was what was suplied at the contest, wasnt free to pick my own picture... Next try, i'll use a nice high res one (and one that isn't full of jpg compression)
    Good in nature, but evil by my own free will. Incestuously created by the will to kill

you could've cheated and found the exact picture in high res
    halo 2 - november 9

Hehe, true, but i had to downsize it to 580x3xx anyhow when finished :P
    But hey, that's this time, next time i will be doing it for fun, without any rules of any contest (not that i didn't have fun this time ;-))
    Good in nature, but evil by my own free will. Incestuously created by the will to kill

Its pretty good for a first attempt. And welcome to UCP
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information