Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorer1's REAL ride

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dupscadi
    Dude, I used to drive a Datsun pickup. How bad is that?
    An '84 Nissan Pickup was my first ride. 4-cyl and a straight shift. My dad lowered it, put wider wheels, and put a custom stereo in it. It, sadly, was my first wreck. I actually enjoyed driving the truck because of lowering it and it was light weight allowed me to corner faster than stock. The only thing that sucked was when it bottomed out, it hit the tires before it hit the bumpstops. After that, I went to an '81 Camaro, which sucked because the motor was a 285 (0r a 289, I don't remember) with an Edelbrock 4 barrel, automatic, and heavy as a tank. Then I went to a '96 Grand Prix SE Coupe. That was fun, until the 3.1 liter V-6 decided to blow an intake and leak coolant into the motor. It was also an automatic, which also too away from the fun factor. I now own a 2003 Ford Ranger with a five speed and the 3.0 liter V-6. I have a blast with it. No compliants other than the oil filter leaks if you don't tighten it down with unhuman like force. (This is typical with FL-400 filters on ALL Ford cars, not just on Rangers. It also seems that Ford is in no hurry to fix it.) I'm thinking of lowering it, but, I don't know. I'm so used to it now at stock height, I know how to take corners with it. Then again, I do remember how much fun the Nissan was when it was lowered.

I have a question: was your nissan a low-hp? I beleive that this truck has maybe 87 hp, which pisses me off, cuz i was driving a 96 chevy tahoe with the Vortec 5700.

Update: Got rearended, it sucked and i need a new tailgate.

Thread Information