Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it possible to get nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by paul
    could all the air be removed from this vacume chamber without it caving in on itself?

is a complete true vacume possible?
    Maybe if you had that vacuum chamber inside of ANOTHER vacuum chamber to try and reduce that relative pressure
    I am the Stig

umm please put that to me in english now!

read through it twice now and still don't get what its getting at?
    Read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Maybe if you had that vacuum chamber inside of ANOTHER vacuum chamber to try and reduce that relative pressure

mate you have just taken this a step further l, your making my brain overload with even more crap stop it lol

and what i really don't get the meaning of that passage!

are you trying to say im crazy because i know it allready! lol
    www.britishmods.co.uk

mate you have just taken this a step further l, your making my brain overload with even more crap stop it lol
    Well which would be easier, trying to achieve a true vacuum whilst experiencing the atmospheric pressure on Earth, or whilst in the vacuum of space? Trying to have a true vacuum inside a less efficient vacuum sounds a bit easier doesnt it?
    I am the Stig

yea true!

that idear is phesable actually becasue the outside pressure of the inside tank would be near enough nothing therefore not making it want to emplode under the outside pressure

but i still think that not all matter would be able to be extracted from the internal tank

its impossible!
    www.britishmods.co.uk

Guys pressure at sea level is only 14 pounds per square inch.
    It's not that hard to make a PRACTICAL vacuum.

The THEORITICAL vacuum isn't feasible only because it's impossible to "hoover UP" every atom and molecule inside the containment field. AND as we've already said it still isn't nothing as radio waves are passing throguh it. As well as gravity waves and the presence of dark matter and sub-atomic particles. You can't remove those (yet!)
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

what, whaat???

u seem to b more bored than anyone arguing abt the vaccuum.

and murphy, welcome to ucp, and no, not all of us are engineers who think abt vaccuums the whole time.

the truest thing anyone has sed here, imo, is matra, wit his heisenbergundingaling uncertainity principle.

he jus posted again, and methinx that he rite, theoretical vaccuum is not possible, yet. regardless, can anyone think up a use for this vaccuum, even if we could make it? if space is not this theoretical vaccuum, we cant use it as a simulated space environment either....not that im against scientific research or anything, jus think ppl shud concentrate on improving todays cars and solving diseases and finding replacement for fossil fuels so that no more countries need to b liberated....

good q tho, keep it up...
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

yea engineering does have its dull moments!

its just my enquiring mind

but thanks to matra for clearing that one up

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE NOTHING

i will be able to sleep tonight! lol

but another one would be to try and get your head around "never ending"

like space is
    www.britishmods.co.uk

[QUOTE=The Tuner]
    and murphy, welcome to ucp, and no, not all of us are engineers who think abt vaccuums the whole time.
    QUOTE]

haha cheerz......... im an engineer too lol and on realli borin days ...... u have 2 find sumat 2 do...... jus go mad fink obut vacuums and answer pauls dodgy questions eh

Thread Information