Thread: Interesting articles on Jayski.com

Interesting articles on Jayski.com

Honda to NASCAR? With the debut of the Honda Ridgeline truck at the Los Angeles Auto Show earlier this month, speculation heated up that the Japanese automaker soon will follow Toyota's lead into the Craftsman Truck Series. Au contraire, says T.E. McHale, manager of motorsports public relations for Honda. "In the three years I've been here, I have heard no discussions in these hallways about getting into the NASCAR series," McHale says. "Honda is in racing to further its technology, and I'm not sure that NASCAR provides the right platform for us." McHale says Honda's emphasis is on winning its second Indy Racing League title.(FoxSports/Sporting News)(1-17-2005)

More on Honda and NASCAR: Honda racing officials haven't said anything officially about a NASCAR effort, but the company's debut of a pickup truck at last week's Detroit auto show has sparked considerable interest. The Honda Ridgeline truck will be for sale this spring, as a 2006 model, with the company expecting to sell about 50,000 this year. The pickup will be built at Honda's plant in Ontario, Canada, and will have a 3.5-liter V-6 engine. NASCAR's new common-template rules would make it easy for Honda to put the machine in NASCAR's trucks series, if Honda comes up with a NASCAR-legal V-8.(Winston Salem Journal)(1-21-2005)

Now, if only Nissan could take the same step with their Titan. This would make things very interesting!
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

How do the engine specs, aerodynamics etc. compare to the normal NASCAR's?
    I am the Stig

Ok .. they specualte just because theyre building a pickup? Maybe theyre just filling the niche in the market. Mitsubishi make a pickup, are they in it?

I don't think they can, as NASCAR requires final assembly of the street vehicle to be in the US. I think; correct me if I'm wrong.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    I don't think they can, as NASCAR requires final assembly of the street vehicle to be in the US. I think; correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes, thats true, thats why Toyota was allows to enter NASCAR, although being a foreign company.

The pickup will be built at Honda's plant in Ontario, Canada,
    Then it can't run NASCAR.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information