Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: First car for under 40k AUD?

bmw 3?
    FORZA, VODKA, CHIX!

Holy crap you are lucky. $30000 US for a first car!!! Man im probaly not even going to get a car!!!

Anyway get a slightly used BMW 3-Series. My personal pick would be a 2002 330Ci with a 5-speed manual.
    Last edited by MRR; 04-01-2005 at 10:26 AM.

you wont be able to get a 330Ci in aus for 30k US, they cost about 110k AUD here... even 2nd hand theyll be goin for 70-80k, lol cars here cost so much more than in the states..

Stary! How's the Integra coming along? Any issues? Would you recommend one over say an S15 200SX? I recently found out that the maximum power/weight ratio in Victoria is 125kW/tonne, and that the Integra Type R is 126kW/tonne. What a bummer! Anyway, I've reconsidered, and am now thinking about an S15 200SX Spec R GT. It's under the power limit, looks good and is blindingly fast. Unfortunately the word "turbo" immediately means "ridiculously high premium" to insurance companies even if it's insured under my dad's name.

hey dude, sorry for late reply, i havent been on the forums for awhile, i wonder if you still check them? my cars pretty good, ummm the S15 is a good car, but i prefer the Type R, its really about what your into, but i went on a advanced driver training course a few months back, and the instructor there drove my car around the track once, and he had driven S15s heaps, and he said he prefers the DC5R, but yeh i think its all about what you prefer personally, i dont think the Type R is illegal in victoria because im sure alot of people have it in melbourne, im on some other car forums and there are a few Type R owners from melbourne, anyway feel free to pm me if you have any more specific queries about the car, sorry again for the extremely late reply.

i thought the type R was 122 kw/tonne? besides i don't how they're gonna check that on the road.
    bad luck for you guys with your power/weight ratio limits
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Get an S15 Spec R.

HOT HOT HOT!!!!
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by fa22_raptor
    Stary! How's the Integra coming along? Any issues? Would you recommend one over say an S15 200SX? I recently found out that the maximum power/weight ratio in Victoria is 125kW/tonne, and that the Integra Type R is 126kW/tonne. What a bummer! Anyway, I've reconsidered, and am now thinking about an S15 200SX Spec R GT. It's under the power limit, looks good and is blindingly fast. Unfortunately the word "turbo" immediately means "ridiculously high premium" to insurance companies even if it's insured under my dad's name.
    Considered a Renaultsport Clio 182?

Seems an excellent allround enthusiasts machine, well equipped and good value. Road tests favour them against Integra Type S or Cooper S, plus no turbo so less insurance ripoff. Here's a roadtest-comparison link

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Though at 131kW & 1035kg it might also be just over the 125kW/tonne limit

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Considered a Renaultsport Clio 182?

Seems an excellent allround enthusiasts machine, well equipped and good value. Road tests favour them against Integra Type S or Cooper S, plus no turbo so less insurance ripoff. Here's a roadtest-comparison link

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Though at 131kW & 1035kg it might also be just over the 125kW/tonne limit
    power to weight ratio limit doesn't apply to me
    i know the clio is a better car, but i just prefer the looks/interior of the integra, call me superficial...... and effective aircon is especially important to me
    besides, you don't need to turbo an integra
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    power to weight ratio limit doesn't apply to me
    i know the clio is a better car, but i just prefer the looks/interior of the integra, call me superficial...... and effective aircon is especially important to me
    besides, you don't need to turbo an integra
    I agree with ya in everything you've said here.

I'm starting to lean towards the new Integra because my dad doesn't trust used cars and he insists that I get a new one (which rules out the Type R and the 200SX ). Oh, and I think the power/weight ratio of the Integra is so ridiculously close to being under 125kW/tonne that it should be fine.

I agree with ya in everything you've said here.

I'm starting to lean towards the new Integra because my dad doesn't trust used cars and he insists that I get a new one (which rules out the Type R and the 200SX ). Oh, and I think the power/weight ratio of the Integra is so ridiculously close to being under 125kW/tonne that it should be fine.
    i've never had any trouble with my used cars *knock on wood* and i'd love to get my hands on a good 200SX, but i don't think i could justify it. at least the integra is safe/economical as well as being sporty.
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-21-2005 at 02:57 AM.

*sigh* It's my dad who has problems with used cars. And yep, I agree with ya about the Integra again!

*sigh* It's my dad who has problems with used cars. And yep, I agree with ya about the Integra again!
    so did you ever get a car? How bout a nice Mazda RX-7, twin turbo of course, and low miles, use the extra money to make it fast...not rice
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Victoria has power restrictions on young drivers cars, a twin turbo rotary is "not safe" for a young driver
    The Datto will rage again...

Go the new Type-S its an awesome car as well, i test drove one before i got my R and it was just as sweet, more refined, enough power for ya and not as raw as the R. If your dad is willing to fork out the extra cash for a brand new one then good for you .

Thread Information