Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First car for under 40k AUD?

Quote Originally Posted by GTR Dreamer
    yea, 40k for a first car is outrageous!!!,-even 40k NZD is heaps!!! :0
    i would go along the track of 85_RX-7, get a car for around 20k, mod it abit then save the rest...you crash the car and what are you going to have to show for it?

any way if i cant change your thinking then i would get a-
    rx-7- either a series 1 or 6/7
    R32 Skyline
    S15
    Forget a R32 or any Skyline with ks on it. It would have been either riced or thrashed or both by some fan boy, cost a fortune to insure and be of dodgy pedigree. S15s are driven by women as much as guys so you might find one some toffy wife has had for a while to drive to the shopping centre and meet the girls for lunch which is still in good nick.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    thats what i wanna know... i mean the rsx is like a 2 door sports car, while the wrx is a damn sedan with a turbo...
    the integra is considered more of a hot hatch, hence the lower insurance than a turbo sedan

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    The best small car for that money in my opinion, is no longer made. The 200SX. It will kill you in insurance premiums as will any turbo or sports car. SO for $40 large you are in for boredom city or a near new SV8 or XR6T. Forget the size, they are great fun.
    turbo/v8 will result in $3000 insurance preimiums. thats why a smaller, agile fwd car is better as a first car. i'm getting an integra as my 3rd car simply because it meets all my needs

Quote Originally Posted by 85RX7
    $40000 on a first car is insane!!! I spent $800! with $40,000 i could get my car to run a 10 or 11 second 1/4!

An rx7 would be my first pic. They are very popluar in australia, also you shownd be able to pick up a good one for well under 20K. Do 20K of mods to that and u should be running a 10 second. Or just street port it, exhaust, and intake. That would cost you under 2K and you will probably run a mid 12.
    his parents probably want to make sure he gets a newer car with all the latest safety features. thats what my parents are doijng with my sister

dude, if you want cheap insurance you better buy the car in cash or check cause if you finance it the insurance is crazy and you cant get liability on a new car if your financing it. So the best thing is to buy the car all at wants and wont have to worry about payments. and your insurance wont be that much.

heres why i say this. i got a insurance quote from state farm on a 2005 subaru wrx sedan on a 16 would be about 580 dollars a month !!!!!!! maybe 500 if your on your parents insurance which is f***kin outrageous. if you buy the car all in one then you can probably get the insurance for like 400 dollars a month or you can have liability which is like $181 USD for a 16 year old.

so basicly, look at insurance quotes before you buy a brand new car if you decide on buying a brand new car

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl

so basicly, look at insurance quotes before you buy a brand new car if you decide on buying a brand new car
    he didn't have to, i did for him. plus he's not buying a brand new car anyway

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    turbo/v8 will result in $3000 insurance preimiums. thats why a smaller, agile fwd car is better as a first car. i'm getting an integra as my 3rd car simply because it meets all my needs
    Fine, your choice. My VY SV8 costs me $1000 per year to comprehensively insure on a business basis which is more expensive than domestic.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Something that might be of interest could be an old 4L Soarer or Lexus SC400
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 02-01-2005 at 03:56 AM.
    I am the Stig

Now thats a good model,, Like the one that came here one night V8 TT Sounded ****en fantastic
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    his parents probably want to make sure he gets a newer car with all the latest safety features. thats what my parents are doijng with my sister
    Put in a rollcage and a 5 poinnt harness and u dont need any of the other crap!!!

Then you may as well drive around with a full face helmet and HANS device as well then cause the cage and harness doesnt save your neck
    I am the Stig

then wrap your entie body with $10 of bubble wrap .

Even the safest cars arn't too good, they often still handle like complete rubbish, have excessive amounts of body roll and have 90%-10% weigh distribution(maybe not quite, but close enouge)

is the rsx a FWD car ?

is the rsx a FWD car ?
    Yes.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by 85RX7
    Even the safest cars arn't too good, they often still handle like complete rubbish, have excessive amounts of body roll and have 90%-10% weigh distribution(maybe not quite, but close enouge)
    true
    safe to me is something with front and side airbags, something my '91 integra doesn't have. the '05 model does, so i consider that a big safety improvement

Thread Information