Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First car for under 40k AUD?

yep, that sure helps.

If you can get a car that can perform well enough to satisfy your power hunger and still keep you safe that is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 85RX7
    have 90%-10% weigh distribution(maybe not quite, but close enouge)

i would like to point out that is a VERY general idea there you have 85. subarus have never been described as bad handlers and as far as i know have a very good weight balance.

5 star ncap rating dosent mean that its shit.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

ok i got quoted $2376 for insurance for a new '05 WRX STi, and im 21 this year, so i imagine that most other cars in aus around the 40k mark would cost alot less to insure.

Ahh... great. Thanks for sharing the info.

http://www.goauto.co.nz/vehicle_deta...ehicleID%3D197

Legacy GT-B with 5000km's for 40 grand...nice.

Or a kick ass Legacy Blitzen..http://www.goauto.co.nz/vehicle_deta...ehicleID%3D260

Im goin for a test drive in an '03 Integra Type R tonite, the only catch is, its had a garrett turbo installed along with motec chip, upgraded heavy duty cams/pistons, and buncha other mods i dunno yet, apparently the previous owner got all the mods done at the dealer (Burswood Honda) before he even bought it new. 20k worth of mods, now selling for 39k. If this thing drives as good as it sounds, i might become a Type R convert and give up on my RX-7 =P

Edit: spelling
    Last edited by staryknight; 02-16-2005 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by staryknight
    Im goin for a test drive in an '03 Integra Type R tonite, the only catch is, its had a garrat turbo installed along with motec chip, upgraded heavy duty cams/pistons, and buncha other mods i dunno yet, apparently the previous owner got all the mods done at the dealer (Burswood Honda) before he even buoght it new. 20k worth of mods, now selling for 39k. If this thing drives as good as it sounds, i might become a Type R convert and give up on my RX-7 =P
    prepare for some torque steer
    tell us how it goes

......... got myself a new car.. its the fastest car ive ever been in, nothing compares man.. before i got into it i popped the hood, took a look at the garrett turbo and air filter, and it was freaken the most massive turbocharger and air filter ive ever seen. I expected it to be some pissy little turbo that would make the type R to go about the same as your average wrx, or even STi. But after sitting in the passenger seat as the dealer dude drove me around, i almost pissed my pants when he took it down the back streets at up to 140 in 2nd gear. Paid 37990 for it, and yeh pictures will follow within a week, once i get settlement finalized. I cant explain how freaken fast it is, i reckon itll blow any STi or RX-7 off the road.

......... got myself a new car.. its the fastest car ive ever been in, nothing compares man.. before i got into it i popped the hood, took a look at the garrett turbo and air filter, and it was freaken the most massive turbocharger and air filter ive ever seen. I expected it to be some pissy little turbo that would make the type R to go about the same as your average wrx, or even STi. But after sitting in the passenger seat as the dealer dude drove me around, i almost pissed my pants when he took it down the back streets at up to 140 in 2nd gear. Paid 37990 for it, and yeh pictures will follow within a week, once i get settlement finalized. I cant explain how freaken fast it is, i reckon itll blow any STi or RX-7 off the road.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Hey fa22_raptor, just to let you know, i got quoted a premium of AUD $2177 for my new Turbo DC5 with all its mods, id expect a normal un modded one to be alot cheaper, ill post a full list of mods, and all the pics when i pick it up on tuesday. But im 21 this year, and also with a 40% NCB rating, so that might be why its not too bad. They always love to rip the 17 and 18 yr olds off.

Whoaaa, you lucky bloke!!! Congratulations on your new toy!! Tell me all about it when you get it and post some pictures ASAP! Sounds like a pretty decent deal you got there!
    About the insurance, that's quite a hefty premium, but when I get mine, I expect it to be a lot less (I'll insure it under my dad's name). I don't intend to mod it to your extent if at all and I think 145kW is plenty for me
    Once again, congrats!

haha thanks alot dude, im gonna lose sleep waitin for this car i reckon, i bought it last night, transferred and finalized payment today, im in debt 8k to my parents, only 5 sleeps to go!!! hope you end up getting what you want when its time for you to buy

im gonna lose sleep waitin for this car i reckon
    I can't blame you!

some pics here that i posted on another forums, got abit lazy to post it all out again, but its not too much trouble to click,

some pics here that i posted on another forums, got abit lazy to post it all out again, but its not too much trouble to click,
    where are the pix?
    Is there ment 2 b a link?

Thread Information