Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What divides people into brand loyalty

What divides people into brand loyalty

What makes you passionate car enthisiasts either Ford fands Holden fans or a fan of any other car brand?

Well seems i have to get the ball rolling, initially i was a Holden fan, but then when i started reading about the falcon gts, (especially the GTHOs), i almost instantly changed my mind. With there superior front suspension, theyre legendary differential and toploader gearboxes, and bigger brakes, not to mention theyre tough looks, i had to yield and change teams!...my theory is that theyres a lot of people that choose one brand over another almost purely for the look of the car, where as i look at the parts and running gear of the cars, what do you guys think?

well i cant really vouch for either, i originally started going for ford cause a friend of my older brother was also a ford fan. now i kinda go for australian cars in general with exceptions of course. basically, i think it means if i were handed the keys to a VYSS, i'd take it for a spin rather than chuck the keys back.
    I am the Stig

yes but ur obviously a proud ford fan as am i, i mean i look at the write ups comparing cars like the xa gt to the hq monaro, and the holden product gets a bad wrap all the time, the only good remarks they get are about the looks off the cars, Imagine if holden had invented parts such as control blade irs, the 9 inch diff and four valve v8 engine instead of ford....just to mention a few products........i prob wouldnt be a ford fan.

well with coil springs over leafs, the HQ shouldve had it over the XA
    I am the Stig

well ive owned a hq and currently have an xa....theyres no doubt the xa has a more solid feel and not as spongy as the hq.mind you the q was a 6 cylinder my xa has a 302w v8......which should make the hq lighter around the front end....but the best handler i had would of been a toss up between my xc gxl fairmont and my esp xe(6cyl)......they both handled and stopped well for big cars

i'd say the XE wouldve been easier to throw through corners, but i like the look of XA-XC's when theyre lowered heaps with nice 15' mags.

my mum used to have a V8 XA fairmont, my dad ended up sellign it to this guy a friend of his knew, well anyway, the guys taken a friend of his for a drive in it, and his friend commented that it went pretty good for a 6 cylinder and when he was told it was a V8, he said it sounded nothing like one, so pretty much the next day the guy went out and put a dual pipe exhaust and 4V carb on it
    I am the Stig

hehe it reminds me off my dads old v8 302w xw fairmont, it was quiet and sounded nothing like a v8, it was all original down to the starfish hubcaps.....i still see it now and then a "p" plater owns it, hope hes not a revhead it hate to see that car trashed, anway heres some of the fords ive owned.
    1966 302w xr fairmont
    1972 302w xa falcon 500
    1972 xa 460 coupe
    1971 xygt
    1974 xb coupe(6cyl)
    1976 351c gxl fairmont
    1984 xe esp(6 cyl)

sounds like a nice list there, but i couldnt really pick my favourites as i'd just end up rewriting the list. if i was to get a falcon and keep it stock though, i'd go for an XR and i think if i wanted to tune one up i'd choose an XB
    I am the Stig

well id have to say without any doubt what so ever, the xygt was definantly my favourite, with a 320-330 hp clevo under the bonnet and close ratio toploader box it was definantly a lot of fun, and the amounts of thumbs up and comments ud get just driving past people on the street was always good for a laugh......then came the big beasty 460 xa, with its dark blue duco, gt panels,(guards,fenders and gt grille) and 10 inch wide rear centerline mags, she was a beast, i wish i stilll had it,it was the best looking car on the streets in my opinion lol....i still own the xa 500 its a one owner and has been extensively modified, running gear, and has gt interior and pwr steering, its in immaculate condition, but when i can afford it all have to lower it and get those 10 inch centerline mags on it aswell!

aww, sounds pretty sweet. you'll get along pretty well with falc, hes got a falcon 500 that i think hes saving up to try and mod it out
    I am the Stig

Yes i read about it in his info, i think its an Xy, but with my experience, if you havent got the big bucks to play around with to modify a car, its way cheaper to buy something already done aslong as its in good nick, then spend a few grand here or there changing or fixing things to how you would like it to be or look or go!

yeah, i think its something like about 10% of the price of modifications people usually can get around with charging when it comes time to sell it, if theyre lucky. if you bothered to tune up an original phase 3 the price would drop
    I am the Stig

yes that is why people usually sell there cars in parts after they have built them....you get more of your capital back that way...well whats the point of owning a phase 3......youd never drive it and it would just sit there and do nothing......id rather spend my money on a street machine and drive it around.

i'd love to own a phase 3, just for bragging rights. ive seen a coupleo f tank fairlanes with supercharged 460's in them and thouht they'd be alright to own, but i think i'd rather something authentique
    I am the Stig

Thread Information