Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holden's build overseas.

Holden's build overseas.

Ok I'm thinking hard and long about this,
    If GM want to have the Monaro Ute's build in the u.s go for it.
    If they wanna have the Statesman build in china or wherever it was go for it.
    The u.s and China can supply the UK middle east and U.S with the Ute's monaro's statesman. Australia can supply NZ with the same as always.
    Then if all that happens why cant holden then build there own cars here, they wouldn't have to worry about 50,000+ Exports All cars for overseas bar nz can be built anywhere. And holden stay at home and do what they do best, Offer cheap cars to the Australian people.

But i cant help but think there is one big huge problem here and it's not so much GM. It's what most have thought before he took over, It's Denny ****en Mooney. Holdne have never moaned about building cars ever till he turned up, could he be the antichrist as i have herd from around the net in the past before he took over?.
    I don't mind if GM want's these cars build them in there own backyards go for it, It's good to know they hold holden up there or maybe Australia everyone wants a bit of Aussie in them now
    Even with Holden designing the cars still i just think it's 3 strikes your out denny ****en Mooney you cunexttuesday

But even if holden didn't export one single car and just built there own but still designed cars that are built overseas for the other markets that want them i cant see how they would loose money on that, Cause they would still get something from the deal, And build there own and not have to build 50,000+ for overseas. I meen i know they will never build 500,000 exports so they will need to build them overseas go for it. Then Holden can build 100,000+ for the Aus market, but i cant see how building cars overseas but designing them here then importing them can save money someone still has got to pay for all these imports, And that could be a shocker Barina astra vectra statesman monaro Ute's rodeo's? Do they stop there??.
    I just think it will be worse with more imported cars. And the quality might drop of these overseas build holden designed cars and that's something we never want to see.
    No wonder Mr hamburger retired or did he??
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

As long as Holden stays completely the same if not better in Aussie and NZ I do not mind. If it screws up supply of cars to NZ and Aussie, I'll be pissed off.

The thing is the El Camino was 100% American and maybe Americans arn't gunna be wanting an Australian one...

Well even if it's buld there it will always be what mitsub and toyota have problems with and keeps them from being like holden and ford. there cars are always designed overseas but built here.

Still it's a little hard to get my mind around it 3 cars built overseas im imported back here. I think when it comes to the ute it's got a bit off now aussie's and utes go way back it's a bit overboard now.

why would anyone pay more for a GM car thats had the price of a boat ride included in the price when they can buy a cheaper, locally built ford/toyota/mitsu. they wouldnt
    why not spend the money that would be required to build them overseas and ship them back on holdens plants here so they can increase production?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

thats an interesting thought there. Youd think theyd be trying to do that for the VE, but cause it'll be based on Zeta, its VE infact theyre talking about US sourced utes and Monaros. Ford have proven that they can make 2 cars off the same line, the Falcon and Territory only share parts not chassis's like the Commodore range.
    I am the Stig

The Monaro is of low sales here that is the only car i can think of thats in trouble, the ute range isnt far from it it's very strong that doesnt make sence at all.

If they wouldve spend the money when they actually developed the Monaro they wouldnt be in this situation, that $500million Ford spent on the Territory obviously wasnt just the car, it was also on the assembly line. For instance, the jigs they use to hold all the parts for the chassis, on one side is for the Falcon and they spin it around for the Territory. Now how come Holden cant do something like that
    I am the Stig

To busy building new office blocks lol

Well in 2001 they figured thered be at the most 3 years of sales in the Monaro, so by the time VE rocked up it would be dead again. Then they started exporting them.....
    I am the Stig

If the U.S wants to build us the Monaro then they will kill the deals for Holden to the middle east NZ and UK they wont get half as much as they did. Also the statesman make them good money in the middle east it's huge there there goes more money. So then there goes jobs money and holden is back to 94-96.

In some ways holden is there own worst enemy, They want to make more cars they can can make more models they are there own worst enemy. The Denny **** face mooney turns up and opens the door for Holden to get ****ed.

Well they were smart enough to keep the old astra whilst the new one went on sale, thats probably saved them a fair few sales. Although, the fact the "new" astra is the same underneath as the old one may have cost them sales, although thats Opels problem now isnt it
    I am the Stig

It's just a VT-VZ job

I really feel if to many cars get made overseas jobs will go and money will also.
    The only export they will have will be the sedans. Unless the U.S send us the Monro statesman utes and we export them which sounds very dumb and waste of money...

But i cant help this anger with it at the moment and my finger is pointing @ one person he could kill jobs so easy he is the middle man that hamberger wouldn't be. Making Australia come second.
    It's really been the Ute that has tipped me over, Ute's are so Aussie. I can't argue much on the Monaro side cause the car might be gone without overseas sales but i think the UK has fallen for it middle east might and the u.s has been slow but these sales might keep it here still for now. But the Ute's are supporting themselves there is never going to be a problem with them going out. I meen maybe that wont happen if they come to there senses soon But i might have to just live with the fact the Monaro will be Aussie just assembled overseas.

Well jobs should only be at risk if any US plant building the 3 models chooses to also take Holdens export markets which is a good 50,000 cars a year now. That would lead Holden to perhaps cut back to 2 shifts of production
    I am the Stig

holden would not be able to get away with that, there'd be riots at the factory, plus the goverment would throw heaps of tax breaks and benefits to keep production and staff up
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

im sure thered be something they could work out, Mitsubishi have been letting go of workers now theyre in financial trouble and in sure if they secured further employment or anything else along those lines it could be done smoothly
    I am the Stig

Thread Information