Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheels Car Of The Year

methinks this is a similar trend to what happened to rear wheel drive sedans in the US in the 80's with the onset of the Minivan; families abandoned the cars to go somewhere else, and those models previously loved and now looked back upon fondly withered up and died. Let us HOPE this does not happen to Falcon.

in the end though most people will always buy more than they need, it's the modern world way . and why bother with the Territory when a normal minivan will do the job much more efficiently, if the Odyssey hadn't be excluded i seriously think it would have at least made the top three. It's a fashion thing more than anything else.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

A minivan will do the job alright, but most people dont like the styling of them much like they dont like how a true 4x4 drives or the lack of versatility in a sedan.....
    I am the Stig

precisely, this market is tailored to the people who just cannot make up their mind as to what the hell they want. It's part fashion, part indecision. and it's a powerful marketing tool to have consumers who know what they don't want, because more often than not you should be able to give them what they do want, the outer of a 4WD with the Inner of a Minivan, for the price of a Sedan. If you could come up with that, you'd be rolling in it, but the Territory still has a way to go before it reaches that ideal.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I wouldnt exactly say that, i'd say its just about nailed it all things considered. The only thing really letting it down is the economy side of things which will be helped with the diesel engines
    I am the Stig

Mums love ground clearence so most of the dads will buy mum AWD cars
    But i cant every see them killing the RWD's just dinting them.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Its hard to predict how it will end cause SUV's have already taken such a huge chunk and its impossible to tell how much more they'll take. Its got to plateau somewhere, just where? Will the Falcon and Commodore diminish to the level where they have to be kept alive as large sports sedans or will they need to retain a basicness to their design
    I am the Stig

Maybe the only places for RWD V8's could be here and US Canada maybe some other parts around

I think the market's right for a car slightly smaller than the Falcon, still RWD and the option of a V8 but not disregarding rear passenger space or family features. If the 2008 Falcon focuses on a slight downgrade in size, then Ford can for the 2012/2013 Falcon have the option to further chase a sports appeal if the tides literally do turn and they start selling 30,000 Falcons to 70,000 Territory's. Perhaps simply the car being physically smaller would bring in more families as the medium sized category has had a lift in sales after several manufacturers revamped their lineups with sports based family cars like the Liberty and 6
    I am the Stig

Maybe a cheaper Vectra would have gorn better, To me the Vectra goes head to head with the Honda Accord. but Vectra gets killed in price easy.
    Maybe holdens idea for the Torana might be a good think now??

I must admit i would hate to see all small cars and 4wd AWD all over the roads

The Torana could prove more than we're seeing, with Fords downsizing plans it could secretly be something Holdens put out to get the public reaction for another downsized main car. They tried it when the Commodore replaced the Kingswood afterall, and it was Ford who actually decided to overcome the fuel issues with lighter materials rather than sacrificing size. It seems we're at that crossroad again, new materials or less physical size to overcome weight?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    POS car. hate the territory.
    Holden will bring out an SUV soon and then look out, its mini america here too!
    Yes they will, a car from Korea. Have fun with that. lol.

Hello people of the ultimatecarpage forum. I am the moderator of the Australian cars section of the www.flixvault.net forum.

Just saying hello for now.

yes, hello, y post this in this thread though :|
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    yes, hello, y post this in this thread though :|
    Because I was just going to add some comments to this topic on people disagreeing with the outcome of Wheels COTY.

...But it would be easier if you people would read our Wheels COTY topic, so I will give you a link: http://www.flixvault.net/forum/viewt...?p=14134#14134

A lot is based on a Holden fan disagreeing with the result.
    Last edited by killer_taxi; 02-04-2005 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The Torana could prove more than we're seeing, with Fords downsizing plans it could secretly be something Holdens put out to get the public reaction for another downsized main car. They tried it when the Commodore replaced the Kingswood afterall, and it was Ford who actually decided to overcome the fuel issues with lighter materials rather than sacrificing size. It seems we're at that crossroad again, new materials or less physical size to overcome weight?
    The VB is a med large car, It's just longer then the vectra but not as wide, And intiria and boot the vectra kills it. It's amazing how smaller cars are made big inside now

Thread Information