Thread: Aston Martin AMV8 Convertible with 500bhp?

Aston Martin AMV8 Convertible with 500bhp?

I hear the Aston Martin AMV8 might be available in 2006 in a convertible version. I have also heard of unofficial talk of a GT version with 500bhp. Any word of a GT/convertible? Of course, we all await the premiere of the coupe, ? this fall in the U.S.

where did you hear this? i have heard nothing and there have been no spy pics indicating any sort of convertible, which leads me to beleive they havent considered it yet. the standard car isnt even out yet....

as for GT, they might do the same as they did with the DB9 but i doubt it. they wouldnt need two different such racers...
    halo 2 - november 9

it would make sense for aston to make a convertible amv8 since it is meant to be a 911 fighter ( since the911 has convertible versions). but has dano said there havent been any spy shots surfacing. maybe later in the year we might see something.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Pettee
    I hear the Aston Martin AMV8 might be available in 2006 in a convertible version. I have also heard of unofficial talk of a GT version with 500bhp. Any word of a GT/convertible? Of course, we all await the premiere of the coupe, ? this fall in the U.S.
    VEEEERY unnoficial i say...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Danno,

Re. the "GT" with 500bhp, I did a Google search and unfortunately it was an anonymous note (and I can't remember the website). I'll see if I can find the site and get back to you if I find it.

There have been multiple references to a convertible. I'll try to collect some sites for that discussion.

Hmmmmm sounds very, unbeleivable, any pics?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

500 bhp??? I thought the AMV8 was a "cheap" aston
    Live and let die

i will only be convinced if i see photos
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Danno,

I think these are the websites I Googled:

http://www.astonmartins.com/gaydon_v...ge_concept.htm Here, they talk of a volante (convertible) version of the amv8 seen in the background in a Christmas 2003 DVD shot of the AM design studio, available from Marks and Spencer in the U.K., I have not seen it myself, and this is not AM's own website.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autoscon.../G03-14744.htm Paul Lienert of the Detroit News for Autoinsider.com does a "Sneak Peek" of the AMV8 coupe on 11/24/04, and states in the comments that a convertible is planned for 2006 (but no pics).

www.astonmartins.com/misc/future.htm The anonymous writer alludes to a supercharged version with 500bhp, but as implied in the thread by manik_890, "Seein' is believin.' "

those links ARE good!!!

thanks mr cadillac imaj. i didnt know that.....

looks like a convertible might be in the works then. i didnt know any of that stuff. although seeing as there hasnt been any spy pics yet, or any concepts i doubt we will get it for a while. The DB9 volante isnt even out yet and that was revealed as a concept a while back.

the 500hp one is only rumoured. there doesnt seem to be any solid evidence supporting it.
    halo 2 - november 9

There will be a convertable version in '06, but Aston will not have any forced induction engines coming out of the factory. Will try and get an offical word on a GT version though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    There will be a convertable version in '06, but Aston will not have any forced induction engines coming out of the factory. Will try and get an offical word on a GT version though.
    so no twin supercharges like the old amv8 vantage? damn

Thread Information