Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Touring Cars

Haha, in 1992 I think it was, me and a friend entered a Holden HR wagon in a demolision derby with playboy livery... finished third i think by memory...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Some significant, in Australian terms anyway, if not famous touring cars racing at the Historic Racing Car Club (QLD) meeting at Queensland Raceway 06Aug06.
    #1. Seton/Bowe DR30 Skyline Grp A. As you can see it is #15, which would make my earlier post captioned as Setons car incorrect. The earlier photo
    would be of George Fury, Daz27 you were correct.
    #2. Skaife HR31 Skyline Grp A.
    #3. Ch7/Breville Holden Torana A9X Grp C (Australian).
    #4. Volvo 240T Grp A. This is not an ex-factory car, it is a privateer built from an ex Repco Reliability Round Australia Rally car,it was logbooked and raced in the early '80s but only on a handful of occasions. The current owner purchased it from the original owner/builder after it had been idle for several years. The ex-factory cars raced in Australia were returned to Europe, one races in Historics in Germany (?) and the other is in a museum in Sweden.
    I will have more photos from the weekend of Historic Touring Cars/Sports cars/Single Seater later in the week but will start a new thread as they are not really related to this particular discussion. If anyone is after anything in particular please pm me and I'll see what I've got.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blackhonda; 08-06-2006 at 05:35 PM.

got any more?
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    got any more?
    Even though your Doggies showed no mercy to the Cowboys on Saturday night, because you asked so nicely.....
    #1 & 2. The Kevin Bartlett Channel 9 Chevrolet Camaro. This car is well known to Australians because it was rolled up on top of Mt Panorama at Bathurst one year...thus becoming known as the Channel 6 car...(Aussie humour for you) This car was driven in a demonstration by Bartlett on Sunday.
    #3. The Army Reserve Ford Falcon. One of the more unusual colour schemes in touring car racing.
    #4. The ex-Skaife Skyline leads the ex-Anderson Bros Pinepak Ford Mustang into the crossover at QR. The Mustang has been the subject of a full restoration, looks absolutely superb in the flesh. It was driven by Glen Seton on the weekend.
    Last edited by blackhonda; 08-06-2006 at 09:16 PM.

on a side note, is that Ford Falcon the same model that was sold in Europe as the Ford Granada?
    Anybody interested in concurrent pictures of historic cars? I failed to make any pictures of the races I watched in my fanboy period (1965-1970) but some interesting stuff from the current historics. (Not Australia I am afraid)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    on a side note, is that Ford Falcon the same model that was sold in Europe as the Ford Granada?
    Anybody interested in concurrent pictures of historic cars? I failed to make any pictures of the races I watched in my fanboy period (1965-1970) but some interesting stuff from the current historics. (Not Australia I am afraid)
    G'day mate, no they are not the same car, although I do remember seeing a Granada in Hong Kong in 1981 and thinking it was the same car. Closer inspection showed that not to be the case. The Falcon was slightly larger physically, and I think the Granada had a V6 in it. The Falcons had a variety of engines, a 4.1 litre pushrod straight six, a five litre and 5.7 litre pushrod V8. The tourers used a carburetted 5.7l V8 (351cu. inch) coupled with a four-speed g/box and in the case of this model (XD) a leaf-sprung live axle...not exactly the height of technology even for the early 80s. Still they did go like hell....
    I am very interested in anything historic especially sportscars...Grp C/Can-am, Le Mans etc....historic F1/F2/F5000...pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    I am very interested in anything historic especially sportscars...Grp C/Can-am, Le Mans etc....historic F1/F2/F5000...pretty much anything.
    I hope you enjoyed the coverage of the Silverstone Classic on the main page here.....That had all those grids there.

(and yes the Granada in Europe cam with a 2 litre 4 pot and a 2.9 litre V6 as maximum sized engine. They may have used the styling cues though).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

two jaguars, on display only during the LeMans Classic.
    a successful one and one less so.

theres a video of the jag on google video 1986 bathurst 1000 with no caltex chaise
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

black honda on this website they have group c and a cars and pictures
    http://www.groupc.org.au/

black honda on this website they have group c and a cars and pictures
    http://www.groupc.org.au/
    just learned that Australian Group C is something else than FIA Group C....

whats fia group c

whats fia group c
    Porsche 962, Jaguar XJR, Sauber C9 etc...

oh the lemans cars

oh the lemans cars
    right,

I had also hoped to find some info on the Elfin and Matich Can-Am cars there, but that is probably also elsewhere.

Thread Information